NHL'94 Forums

2014 World Cup Pool

halifax

Ola buds!

I did this before in 2010....

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11955-world-cup-pool/?hl=fifa

.....but it's time for another. The prize this time is $20 from me.

You can spend that $20 bucks on lots of things....a new controller, 94 cartridge off eBay, liquor, cheeseburgers, bologna sandwiches....all the awesome stuff.

As long as you signed up as a forum member before today, you can play!

First download the excel file

2014 World Cup.zip

If you want to play, here’s all you have to do.

1.Post your interest in this forum. (That way I’ll know whom I should be expecting an email from.)
2.Make your picks on each game (winning team or tie game)
3.Email the excel sheet to halifax@nhl94.com with your picks and place in the subject line: ‘(your forum name) picks’ by Sunday, June 1st.

I'll look after the rest!

Here’s the rules.

1. There's a yellow column for you to make picks for each game. If you guess the correct outcome, you'll achieve the number of points listed for the county or tie. Example: In the first game if you pick Brazil and they win, you get 1.27 points...If they don’t win, no points are awarded for you. If you picked the tie, and it finished in a tie, you would get 5.38 points, other wise you get nothing. And so on all the way down the list.

2.The player with the most points after the round robin wins! If there's a tie in points, tiebreaker goes to the forum member who emailed me their list first. (SO GET YOUR LIST IN RIGHT AWAY!)

I'll submit my own list, and if I win, Bok will send me all of his life savings.

The World Cup bud list

Halifax

Kashim

Freydey

Blackdevil19

Kingraph

Saintsfan2500

Fiddz

Addisonbr

Donnybrook

Orangblack

AngryJay

Grayto

One thing I remember last time was the the odds weren't handled right, so the winning strategy was to always take the favoured team (or was it the underdog? or tie??). The problem was that you have to also account for the bet, that you get your bet money back and then also the odds money.

One thing I remember last time was the the odds weren't handled right, so the winning strategy was to always take the favoured team (or was it the underdog? or tie??). The problem was that you have to also account for the bet, that you get your bet money back and then also the odds money.

I looked over the odds in this spreadsheet and they are correct for counting directly, no need to add +1.

The problem last time was that the value given for a favourite was often less than 1, so if you bet a dollar on a heavy favourite, you might win 13 cents.. but you didn't get your original dollar back!

iiniinin

go belgium

I am in

Boom...got your list bud!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll! Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll!

You want in bud?

...or dont use oods just points, one point for the correct outcome + 1 for the correct result. Or something like that

Thanks. I think the odds are fine. Someone should be rewarded more for taking a "risk" picking an underdog

In!

awesome!

I looked over the odds in this spreadsheet and they are correct for counting directly, no need to add +1.

The problem last time was that the value given for a favourite was often less than 1, so if you bet a dollar on a heavy favourite, you might win 13 cents.. but you didn't get your original dollar back!

Thanks bud. The 4 time bud of the year knows his stuff! submit a list?

iiniinin

go belgium

got your list bud

linkedins-share-button-heres-the-secret-

boom!

We all know Germany's going to win anyway....

got your list bud!

Have received Kingraph's list which he described as a guaranteed win list. :)

It's tough to put your favorites aside and guess objectively, and thinking of the context some of these games will be in (last game must wins, rivalries, ect.). This will be fun to follow though, thanks for the pool halifax!