NHL'94 Forums

Ice Hockey Highlight Video: Learned the game from NHL 94/95 and then NHL 13/14

So, you guys might appreciate this. I played one season (3 or 4 months) of ice hockey in 7th grade (something like 1988), and then another 3 or 4 months of just pick-up once or twice per week when I was a sophomore in college (1996). Recently, I decided to make a "comeback" (in quotes because I never was much good). I play on a team that won this 35+ Old Timers Tourney (I am 37 years old). So, everyone I have been playing with for the past 7 months, and then some of the guys on the tourney team who I had never met before (we picked them up at the tourney- they live in SE Asia in other countries, and have been friends with guys on my team), are sort of impressed. I am light years away from being as good as our top guys- they skate awesome, stickhandle, create. I just basically forecheck and score goals. Both, I do surprisingly well, even to the surprise of my own self. The funny thing is, I learned positioning and just how to flow with the game from playing the video games lol. Never had a coach except those 3 or 4 months in 7th grade (who just yelled the same nonsense all the time and I never knew what he was talking about anyway), and then score 6 goals in 13 regulation games between our league and tourney, and create havoc on the forecheck. So, here is the highlight video of my antics (just from the league, there are only pics from the tourney):

I am #23 in white:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LnGHgDTxg

Edited by Cosmic

y'all play at a mall?

y'all play at a mall?

lol yea- every rink that I know of, in Asia, is in a mall. It basically makes it impossible to keep the ice proper, since people in malls do not want to freeze their tails off, which is what we need for good ice, right? But it is "better for business." Supposedly the one in Taipei is pretty good, and the one in Bangkok (Ramm 9) is nice. Oh yea, the Cube in SG is fine. I dunno about Phillipines but I know they are in a mall too. And then out here, both of ours have perpetual problems with (lack of) ice hardness issues.

Edited by Cosmic