NHL'94 Forums

GMC Season 1 Championship - Stanley Cup Finals

kupuck19

The NHL94 GMC Season 1 Championship

Stanley Cup Finals

(5) Calgary Flames - LABS_66

vs.

(7) New York Rangers - Wittgenstein Wins Stanley Cup Final Series 4-3

The GMC season 1 semi-finals were completed in less than 72 hours, major kudos to all coaches for their commitment. The final stage is set, LABS_66 will have the home ice advantage.

The St. Louis Blues under coach Brutus.Khan pressed the Calgary Flames in a hard fought game 7 series. Heroics from Theo Fleury with superb goaltending in Roy held out under offensive powers Brett Hull, Mario Lemeuix and Sergei Federov. Coach Brutus will be back in season 2 looking to make another run for the championship, thanks for your commitment this season bud.

The New York Rangers stunned the Toronto Maple Leafs in a thrilling 7 game series battling back from being down 3 games to 1. The offensive power of Gartner - Yzerman and Klima-Sandstrom proved to have deeper offensive depth as the league leading scorer Doug Gilmour with linemates Ciccerelli & Borshevsky could not keep up. Congrats to Wittgenstein on a great season, I'm am unsure if I will take part in the next season; but I ensure I will be here to help run season 2.

Thanks to all coaches that participated again, it was a lot of fun hope to see you back for season 2.

Another major thanks to Chaos for his help behind the scenes.

Good luck to the finalists; Probob has offered to do commentary and upload videos of the finals if you can record and send him the files.

Edited by kupuck19

CONGRATULATIONS to Witt and the New York Rangers! GMC Season 1 Stanley Cup Champs.............GREAT SERIES, and it took Game 7 OT to crown a champ

Can't wait for season 2!

Thanks. What a crazy, epic series-- I have no idea how I pulled it off. Labs played great and his attack on offense was relentless. Somehow I was able to weather the storm and come back from being down 3-2 in the series.

Both of us recorded game 7, so hopefully probob can do some commentary.

Thanks again for a great season. The league was a great concept and a lot of fun to be a part of. Can't wait for season 2!

Edited by Wittgenstein

rangers_post02--300x300_original.jpeg?13

Congrats Witt! What a scary ass team that was after the draft. A big congrats to Labs too. I never really played against him until gmc so I wasn't sure what to expect, he's the real deal for sure! 4 series went to 7 games and labs was in 3 of them. YEEEEEEEE

Congrats Witty.

I think the biggest part was the Wittster was rusty from his hiatus from NHL94, and once he got his legs back, was as strong as any man in the league, especially with the Rangers and top draft picks added too.

That said, seemed like most of the playoffs went from a puck bounce here or there to having different winners in all rounds.

Great season buds. Look forward to more.

Congrats Witty.

I think the biggest part was the Wittster was rusty from his hiatus from NHL94, and once he got his legs back, was as strong as any man in the league, especially with the Rangers and top draft picks added too.

Yeah, I was really rusty during the first half of the season. After I saw my abysmal record at the point of the draft, I was kind of mad at myself and decided to get pissed and set out to win the championship. Minpind can attest to this after I logged on one night super drunk and rambled on to him about how I wasn't going to let myself lose in the playoffs lol. (It was the same feeling during Shark Week-- I was really determined to beat Raph-- I didn't just want to beat Raph, I really wanted to embarrass him and prove a point.)

With that said, though, I got lucky to win this time-- the series were so close that a bad bounce at the wrong time and I easily could have lost either to ku or labs.

I have a ton of respect for labs after that series. As min said, he is the real deal. For the majority of the series, it felt like I was being outplayed-- the only thing that kept me in it was that I was able to scrap for goals-- it never felt like I knew what I was doing or had a game plan (which I felt I had against Raph during Shark Week)-- I was just somehow pulling enough goals out of my ass to get by against Labs.

Anyways, I could go more into the strategy of that series, but I'll save it. Again, it was a great series and a fun season. I think that changes ku is making for season 2 will make it even better.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Minpind can attest to this after I logged on one night super drunk and rambled on to him about how I wasn't going to let myself lose in the playoffs lol.

Lol true story. Being hammered/pissed at the penguins spells trouble for the competition. I knew after that you and virtual Messier would vow to win at all costs.

aaox151.jpg

Edited by minpind

Agreed great run by Witt after free agent draft!.....thats why I love thus league, you never know whats going to happen! Just needed to dust off those cobwebs and then the NHL94 veteran came back. Thank you Witt and Min for the kudos and respect, really appreciate it and it means alot coming from nhl94.com vets. When I joined almost a year ago I knew I could play the game from playing since I was 9 but wasn't sure how I would stack up against the elite of the world. Now I can finally say I think I got what it takes and in due time hopefully I can put an NHL94 cup in my trophy case.

Congratulation to Wittgenstein for winning the GMC Season 1 Stanley Cup! After being in last place the majority of the season, the NY Rangers under coach Witt made the changes possible to take it all. Wittgenstein faced elimination in 3 games during the Semi-Finals being down 3-1 to the Toronto Maple Leafs coming back to win the series; and faced elimination 2 games against the Calgary Flames coming from being down 3-2 to win the Cup.

All in all it was a lot of fun this season, I know some of us are bummed to see this group change a bit during season 2, but the changes that are coming soon will make the league more enjoyable.

Stay tuned for season 2.

witt.jpg

***Gary Coleman (mistaken for Plabax at first) makes way to the Rangers locker room during the celebration for autographs, Messier was ecstatic

Edited by kupuck19

Congrats bud. Your a great pal and you deserve it. I hope you went downtown and broke everything after this big W.

#GHG

I have all the save states for the Finals.....when will website update the playoffs page so I can upload them for final results and player stats? I need to make Witt's miraculous upset in the Finals official..............HAHA JK Witty :victory: You da man!

Better be ready to defend that title though.......we buds, especially Team Labs, are hungry for that Season 2 crown! :greedy: