NHL'94 Forums

New York vs. Los Angeles

nhlpa93easn

the two largest television markets are represented in the finals. David Stern, is that you? discuss.

Of course they have a chance! Lundqvist alone gives them a chance. I get that LA is better on paper, but the Rangers are not a bad team and should make it interesting.

I say Rangers in 7.

overrated: http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9764686/nhl-players-speak-anonymously-realignment-peds-goalie-pads-espn-magazine

After this season, Prust will be right up there with Matt Cooke in votes for "dirtiest player". That's for sure.

hahahahahhaahahhahahahahah yeah for sure! :shocked:

9/10

it was his way to put the sweden in the world cup :lol:

It was a good series, but the Rangers really got shafted by the refs in this one. Game 2 the "non-call" when Lundqvist was interfered with turned the entire series around in L.A.'s favor. NY was winning 4-2 and that goal gave L.A. life, and it should not have counted.

And then last night, the Rangers were up 2-1 and just a horrible call on Zuccarello by the refs allowed L.A. to tie the game, and win it in overtime. That should not have been a penalty, and if anything, it should have been a penalty on L.A. as Muzzin stuck his leg way out, tripped Zuccarello, and somehow they call a penalty on Zuccarello instead of on L.A.

This could, and probably should be a 3-2 series in the Rangers favor right now heading back to N.Y. if not for those 2 critical calls/non-calls by the officials which turned the series in L.A.'s favor. But that's hockey. The official's have been brutal during the entire playoffs, and it just so happened L.A. caught the breaks and took advantage of them.

Kudos to L.A. on their 2nd cup in 3 years, but this series was really tainted in my opinion by bad officiating which cost the Rangers 2 games. Both games 2 and 5 should never have gone into overtime. They should have been regulation wins for the Rangers.

It sucks for hockey, because we could have had an epic 7 game series between the 2 biggest markets in the U.S. oh well.

EDIT: Lundqvist played out of mind, in spite of losing. He really showed why he is the best goaltender in the league. Put on an absolute show in that double OT game 5. I feel for the guy, he deserves a cup and I hope he gets one someday before he retires.

Edited by nhlpa93easn

@Freydey, the NBC announcers themselves said the Zuccarello call was awful, and that the officiating the entire playoffs has been a disaster. So it's not just me "crying". Kings were the better team, but the NHL needs to take a close hard look at it's officiating which is by far the worst of the "big 4" sports at this point. It was embarrassingly bad this post season. It's not just the Rangers who were screwed, too.

as with other major sports leagues, the fix may have been in. there were too many bad calls in this season's playoffs to dismiss the idea that the refs were David Sterned into making calls in favor of selected teams. the rewarding of embelleshment is pathetic and the zebras were playing along like it was scripted.

Edited by trudatman

The NBC announcers really?

Case closed.

@freydey ok man I can see you're just joking around so it's cool. But the refs in this league are a huge problem for the sport, regardless of the Rangers losing. The game should never be decided by bad calls from the ref. Never. And we saw it twice in these finals and it's a shame because the players work too hard to get to this point for 2 games in the finals to be decided by bad calls from the officials.

Refs are always going to make mistakes, because it's fast. From what I hear, the NBA refs are the worst (backed up by my anecdotal evidence of watching the last 10 minutes of game 7 of the raptors vs brooklyn.. )

They need a challenge system so you can try to get a call changed once a game, something like that.

Exactly the game of hockey is extremely fast and the refs aren't as close to be as bad ad the refs we have seen in the world cup so far :P

the NHL has the least shady officiating of any of the big 4 sports leagues. if it were fixed, LA wouldn't have been the team to win it all. a big market doesn't equate to a big hockey market.

Oh I'm absolutely in favor of a challenge system. Both for penalties that have been called, and for questionable goals. If the NHL had a challenge system similar to what MLB has in place this year, or what the NFL now has, the Rangers would have won games 2 and game 5, and be up 3 games to 2 heading back to NY with a chance to close out the cup on home ice.

But of course, the NHL doesn't have a challenge system. So the Kings are the champs. It is what it is, but you hate to see a team get so far only to lose based on bad calls at the end.

Oh I'm absolutely in favor of a challenge system. Both for penalties that have been called, and for questionable goals. If the NHL had a challenge system similar to what MLB has in place this year, or what the NFL now has, the Rangers would have won games 2 and game 5, and be up 3 games to 2 heading back to NY with a chance to close out the cup on home ice.

But of course, the NHL doesn't have a challenge system. So the Kings are the champs. It is what it is, but you hate to see a team get so far only to lose based on bad calls at the end.

nyr got dominated thats why they lost

please stop whining.

Edited by Freydey

@Freyday yes the Rangers got dominated, that's why 3 games went to overtime. 2 of them because of bad calls. Sorry, that's not "whining". That's telling it like it is.

I'm sorry that Price's knee is made out of glass. But that's no reason to take it out on me. Sorry, but you had that one coming. Had enough of you. You want to say "I feel L.A. was the better team" that's one thing. When you make stupid comments like "nyr got dominated" that's something else. You don't deserve any respect with stupid comments like that. Please, stop embarrassing fans from Montreal.

Edited by nhlpa93easn

@Freyday yes we got dominated, that's why 3 games went to overtime. 2 of them because of bad calls. Sorry, that's not "whining". That's telling it like it is.

I'm sorry that Price's knee is made out of glass. But that's no reason to take it out on me. Sorry, but you had that one coming. Had enough of you. You want to say "I feel L.A. was the better team" that's one thing. When you make stupid comments like "nyr got dominated" that's something else. You don't deserve any respect with stupid comments like that. Please, stop embarrassing fans from Montreal.

chill out I was just embelishing :haha:

@Freyday yes we got dominated, that's why 3 games went to overtime. 2 of them because of bad calls. Sorry, that's not "whining". That's telling it like it is.

they were lucky every game wasnt 5-1 for L.A ,lucky bounces and good saves is the only thing NYR had going for them .Scoring chances were extremely lopsided.