NHL'94 Forums

Y button Goalie Control in Blitz

Y-Button goalie control in Blitz 9  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add Y-Button goalie control to Blitz 9?

Since we're changing things in Blitz, I think this is something that should be considered. The ROM already has one "artificial" fix in it (weight bug fix) so I think it would fit to put in the Y-goalie control hack as well.

I think that the game doesn't desync when the fix is applied as long as you both have 6-button enabled for P1 and P2 and you don't rename the file once the ROM has been created. Maybe somebody has more info on desync issue.

If you don't care either way then I think you should vote yes just to shut me up lol. Plus I mean it's not like you can't still use the B button to get the goalie. That option doesn't go away.

http://pixelpuck.com/?p=1778

I voted yes, as I play snes as well & agree w/ Bo, it's clearly one if the better features. I think it beds to be a strong yes to make the change though.

Most great goal play remains the same but you lose that second of skating your defender into nowhere while you wait for goalie switch. Most of us anticipate the need for goalie switch in advance enough to always get him.

Gens has a lot more goalie starts into an animation as you crease cut type thing so by the time you get the goalie, he doesn't move left or right now & the goal scores.

Y goalie control would change this & lower cheap goals. That would clearly be a difference w/ y goalie. I like both options still working as in snes, I'm often still trying to hold the b button & watch a goal go by I should have been able to stop.

If this is an addon and not a replacement for the original goalie control type then I could swap my vote from no to yes. I'm not very keen on having to learn new controls to what I've come to accustomised for years.