NHL'94 Forums

BLITZ 09 - draft POLL

Blitz 09 Draft  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want for the new draft?

• Redraft from scratch
    • Keep our rosters, and go back to the old formula for protection picks
    • I don't care, all I want is the Y button thing

This being election day in Ontario, "first past the post" voting, where the person with the most votes wins, is not a good system.

It's better to have a run-off system or ranked vote system.

Ideally there would have been all 3 options, A: redraft, B: choice, C: protection draft.

People rank their choices.

If any option gets 50% first-place votes, it wins.

If no option gets 50%, then votes for the option that got the fewest votes are eliminated, and the 2nd votes for those people are added to the remaining votes.

The first one to get 50% is then the winner. In the case of a tie, it's the one with the more 1st-place votes that wins.

This sort of system has greater voter satisfaction.

Option D: smozoma returns to run Blitz and we do whatever he says. He says jump, we ask how high.

100% voter satisfaction! :)

(had to try, right?)

Ok, maybe, I will have a better team on the paper with the redraft,

but that's not the point, I learned every year, do some mistake in the draft the two first seasons, but my team is better than the last season. And my team has an identity.

I learned to play with this team and this players.

What's trouble me is not the redraft.

I just don't understand why we play different leagues, when we are always playing whit the same rules. Blitz an GDL what's the difference ? just the A group and the B group ? Who is not even a real A or B level...

Just build a good league with a clear calendar, introduce the Y button to mix gens players and snes players.

Put some division In, where A players, B players, C players and new players can play with the strict respect of the level, and strict promotion and relegation at the end of the season.

And a strict calender too for the playoffs !!!

We are sleeping here, Playoffs are totally boring. It took always more time that the season.

And don't forgot to push out the players who don't play their games. Motived players are frustrated here.

Just build a league for casual players.

ah, I forgot to mention the drat, every time an hurry, with a draft every hour, and then what ? One month waiting for the start of the season...

Just start the draft when you are sure we can start the league.

I know it's not easy to run a league, but we are walking round and round here.

many other league ideas have been attempted and have failed. i can speak as someone whose been there, it takes a lot of will out of you to put all the time in to create and/or run a league just to have it fail. hard to blame anyone for not wanting to try it.

There were three choices!!!

Just not the three you suggested (Y button counted)

I think going over it all after Freydey already said what he said isn't going to help anyone get over the disagreement w/ the decision any easier.

I think he clearly stated a distaste for a "middle ground" of not doing one or the other but an in between. Kind of like "cut the baby in half" solution if you half draft/half protect, everyone loses.

The tribe has spoken, no arguments there ( gg democracy) just one thing I don't get "We all know the major problem with Blitz’ current form is that a coach can be allowed to protect one of his two 1st stars every season, which would allow him to have a pretty strong squad every year." it's not like that applies to just one guy. Any coach could finagle something like that, maybe the best bet for the blitz after this one would be to expand the lg to a few more teams, that way it dilutes the amount of talent you can have on your roster anyways.

Once again King adopts the "I'm going to shut you up & devalue your opinion by telling you how s**t you are" strategy.

Unfortunately there's a real snidey side to you that rears it's ugly head when you want to shout people down. Not very becomming for a league comish.

I never said my team was great or that Momesso was a star. I said I started with the worst team in the 06 rom & now it's a decent roster. Not great, not the best, but a decent roster. I also said I enjoyed using certain players like Momesso, regardless of whether they're great or not.

Point is Pearate can draft the worst roster in the world (Which he may well have done) if he wants to. He likes his roster & the whole continuity concept of Blitz. Me too. That he could do better with a redraft is neither here nor there.

My point was that if you can take the worst roster & draft it into a competitive roster in a season or two.................why does the league need a reboot? Your 06 roster was also weak & 2 seasons later you have possibly the best team ever assembled.........yeah, reboot is essential :-/

1 more thing: I can guarantee that in a few years there will have been more turn over of coaches, more silly trades, more stacked rosters & you'll be suggesting another reboot.

Edited by LA Robbie

Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!! Dey took hour jobs!!!

Calling for an age check.... if it goes one way or the other is it really going to affect your life??? really???

I understand everyone has an opinion... but Holy Bat Balls.... it's freeking NHL94... on a pc...

This isn't making the choice between cutting costs by 20% vs laying 5 workers off... Good God Men... Pull yourselves together!!!.. Or by all that is bloody righteous I'll take a flame thrower to this place!!!!!

Sorry I kind of drifted into Scent of a Woman there...

If I have to come back in here 1 more time... I'm cracking skulls!!.... oh sorry again that's The Breakfast Club...

Carry on

Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!! Dey took hour jobs!!!

Calling for an age check.... if it goes one way or the other is it really going to affect your life??? really???

I understand everyone has an opinion... but Holy Bat Balls.... it's freeking NHL94... on a pc...

This isn't making the choice between cutting costs by 20% vs laying 5 workers off... Good God Men... Pull yourselves together!!!.. Or by all that is bloody righteous I'll take a flame thrower to this place!!!!!

Sorry I kind of drifted into Scent of a Woman there...

If I have to come back in here 1 more time... I'm cracking skulls!!.... oh sorry again that's The Breakfast Club...

Carry on

Paul-Gleason.jpg

i inherited a bad roster and have never made them all that good... it's only easy to do when you have the benefit of a high pick.

we're a part of blitz history guys. the 1st redraft! a new era! full of candy shaped hearts and chocolate covered marshmallows! it'll be a beautiful thing.

free tibet.

Once again King adopts the "I'm going to shut you up & devalue your opinion by telling you how s**t you are" strategy.

Point is Pearate can draft the worst roster in the world (Which he may well have done) if he wants to.

tumblr_l7vudzst7k1qc0m6fo1_5001.jpg

bhahahhahahhhahhhahah @ ^^^^^^^^^^ ahahhahahaha.... ahh Mini I was cracking up here ... that's a good way to start a Friday morning

Kind of like "cut the baby in half" solution if you half draft/half protect, everyone loses.

Meh, but there's an obvious way for everyone to win / get what they want for themselves AND for the people who disagree with them.

Anyway, smozoma out!

/drops mic dramatically

When the guy who created the league is against the changes I think that says something.

Just let those starting anew have 1st picks on protect rounds

the commish has spoken. we'll all agree with Frey's decision and move on. Nothing is ever 100% agreed upon so lets get to the draft please.

BTW, pearate and LA RObbie I'm sure you guys can recreate almost the exact squads you have now during redraft. Ether thru draft or trades.

the commish has spoken. we'll all agree with Frey's decision and move on. Nothing is ever 100% agreed upon so lets get to the draft please.

BTW, pearate and LA RObbie I'm sure you guys can recreate almost the exact squads you have now during redraft. Ether thru draft or trades.

Same s**t for everybody without a redraft, just put some vaselina like raph here and there and your team is stacked!

Edited by Houly

Just curious about when Blitz 09 will be starting?....going on vacation July 17th - 25th

Yeah, let's get something going either way. It does sound like this is pretty much an A league against B league arguement in regards to re-drafting. Let's let Frey decide and go from there, it's not like anyone is going to quit based on which way the league goes.

Why would I be very happy losing my star players? :huh:

3 days later for your best attempt to troll?

Raph must be very happy! No Neely. No Selanne...BUT a redraft !!!

Not easy to make 1.24 for 1.5+1.6 eh? lol

Very soooonn