NHL'94 Forums

GDL XI - Congrats to Champion Plabax

IceStorm70

Congrats to Plabax for capturing his first GDL title. Big props to runner up Zalex who went through a gauntlet to get there - King, Ice and Swos.

Plabax created a GDL team unlike we've seen since the weight bug was discovered. 4 skilled fatties, the glue that held the team together (99) and a poor G - Roussel

If you get a chance, try playing with this team in exi's. You'll be surpirsed how good they are despite their big time weight disadvantage.

Should make for an interesting GDL XII! Look for that to start late summer.

Commish Out

Congrats ! I always wanted to get 99 n 66 together and you gave me the chance to and I changed my mind and you did it lol but I wouldnt have made it close to the end .

Good job.I think you wouldve did just as good either way

Directly from my Philadelphia article in my line building section:

Dominic Roussel: 6 weight, 3/3 skating, 3 puck control, 3/3/2/2 save, Catches: L

Every once in a while someone gets the bright idea that they can use Roussel in a time share in the GDL. I speak from personal experience here, don't be that guy with the bright idea. The only bright thing will be the red light behind Roussel.

Plabax was the dude with the bright idea and won the GDL, well done sir.

Congrats Plabby.

Pass shots or not, the kid has legit mastered this game. HIs goalie/defense has gotten as good as his offense.

I think he could win 3-2 most games if he wanted to.

Lots of respect for his play in all facets.

Take away the board he has no chance ......I will beat anyone in the world using joysticks and I'll bet 400 on it .....u dirty c u n t s

So I used to play Gretzky hockey on the keyboard way back when.

When I first found out about '94 online, I was trying to play w/ the keyboard, and found it a disadvantage, so I only spent one day on it like that till I had my joystick.

A) Does Plabby use keyboard?

B) I didn't realize it was such an advantage. Do you have to set the key settings to some special way to make it easy to go diagonally? I only was doing it for the one day, as I said, and I was using up & right arrows at the same time to get my guy to skate 45 degrees to the right, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Plabax I expect my thank you card to be mailed any day now.. You couldn't have won it without me! (stepping out) LOLOL

also, have you rats done anything towards a live tourney yet or naw