NHL'94 Forums

Glitch goals/pass goals ruined 94 !

It's not so much that pass shots need to banned it's using pass shots on the keyboard which creates this unbeatable combination .......if u can pass shot on joystick then ur very skilled ....I think an all joystick league would be cool it's then way nhl 94 was meant to be played

....people were doing pass shots in the 90's so dont act like its this new school thing that the OGs of 94 dont use, some people do pass shots, some dont. They definitely take practice and skill so I fail to see how they are cheap or how they ruined the game. Pass shots were always there, its not like we entered a game genie code now we have this distinct advantage. So just because somebody can do something better than you doesnt mean its cheap or it runined the game....If people are beating you with pass shots, instead of calling it cheap and crying about it....practice them....Please tell me how pass shots are a glitch, I would LOVE to hear that explanation.

....I don't like playing the game as much when it becomes super pass shot/cheap mode. I don't openly complain about it, but I don't see the need for the over reaction to someone stating they don't like it....I was around in the '90s playing the game, and back then, you had to play in the same room with someone, and if you got too cheap/gay with your play, you could count on a hard punch/shot for your gimmicks....

hokkee. please explain how its a glitch. do you know what glitch means?...if pass shots are so easy and cheap, why wouldnt you just level the field and use them once in a while, a goals a goal right? are they cheaper than cross creases or crashing the net?...as long as ive been playing 94 with you fine folks, pass shots have always exsisted in very much the same way they do now. so why act like they are this new thing all the young kids are doing?

....Pass shots suck and are cheezy....... when you can't do them effectively....they're fun and another element of your offensive arsenal. They are defensible.

They take an immense amount of time to learn and perfect, particularly if you use a gamepad over a keyboard.

You guys just sound like a bunch of old men who can't/don't adapt to new idea's and styles.

....When people say that plabax won using pass shots, they shouldn't think that he was cheap-- instead they should be impressed that he has mastered the pass shot (and try to come up a way to shut him down next time.)

In ancient times people cried about crease cuts. A few years ago people complained that one-timers were overpowered. Now people complain about pass shots. In a few years people will complain about some other way to score. It's called evolution people, adapt to the times or start a new trend and dominate.

....I've always considered pass goals as wrist shots and "actual shots" as slap shots. What's more logical or "real hockey" than that?...

It's not so much that pass shots need to banned it's using pass shots on the keyboard which creates this unbeatable combination .......if u can pass shot on joystick then ur very skilled ....I think an all joystick league would be cool it's then way nhl 94 was meant to be played

great thread. quoted the parts I very much agreed with. pass shot haters should play more SNES, which is much more of a simulation and less of a "NBA Jam" type of game.

- I've always considered pass goals as wrist shots and "actual shots" as slap shots. What's more logical or "real hockey" than that?

Only 36 post, but 36 of the best posts on these forums!

seems like this topic is getting as heated as diving in the nhl. (hokkee needs to make a t-shirt that says glitches get stitches)

"EA Sports, it's in the game"

-From my perspective, pass shots were being done in NHL Hockey on PC, which was Sega NHL'93 based game (no manual goalie) and equilevant to NHL'94 on Sega. They could be even more wicked than I've seen now from a shorter angle and from farther, they didn't work so well anymore in NHL95 for example. It really gave you a feel for more of a quick wrist shot than anything.

-I have seen people whine about rebound goals as well and then go themselves on the next shift and try a pass goal from the center ice, oh they hypocrisy. Which of the goals makes you go more woowoo? At the very moment it's rebound goals, because of how the goalie acts, but if you think outside of the goalie animation, it's a way more realistic goal where you just follow your own shot and play till the end. People don't like things they can't do themselves and it's most commonly new things to them being rejected, but it doesn't mean it's new, pass shots are very oldschool.

-Saw also mentions about a gamepad only league, but you have to remember some of us have played since the early days of PC gaming and forcing one to change his controller as of now would be really unfair to learn something like that after 20 years when you've never really been to console gaming that much. But if some people want this, go ahead, I'll just have to skip that one, ain't buyng a gamepad for PC just for this game and learning it all a new. :)

-I'm all in for a league without pass shots if it came to that, but when you wanna play best on best then you want everything to be included and allowed.

Edited by Depch

Look at the last seasons I think carse in GDL 7 was the last gamepad winner that's no longer an anomoly keyboarders have taken over an won every season since that ...... Keyboarders = steriods lol

Look at the last seasons I think carse in GDL 7 was the last gamepad winner that's no longer an anomoly keyboarders have taken over an won every season since that ...... Keyboarders = steriods lol

TomKabs uses gamepad.

Everybody that boards won't say it ......this is biggest scandal since Jose Canseco wrote that book ......if their was only a way to test

I USE A GAMEPAD. IT WAS A $20 WALMART KNOCK OFF PS3 CONTROLLER.

I played my first game online with the controller because I didn't have an adapter to test, and I liked how it felt. Raph is also right about me using an analog stick. I think more people should try analog instead of dpad, it's better.

Also pass shots are overrated. Like Raph said about my video he linked, only 2 of my 91 goals were passhots (I counted). Everyone should learn how to do all the different pass shots so they can recognize and stop them (like donny said). It also helps to just have another tool even if it's not all that useful

Skating w/ dual sticks is WAY easier.

I failed to be able to stop on a dime & crease cut type moves as well.

I'll have to try it again, as I only used that for a day as well!

Can we all chip in and buy TK some Internets? We need him back! :)

I miss the community so much :cry:

It's become one of those things that you try not to think about to keep away the pain. I'll be back someday with a vengeance. Plabax won gdl xi?? Come on guys :/ step your game up lol

And btw that's the spirit brutus!

Kgman you need to lighten up on the drugs, I'm pretty sure I told you I play analog gamepad like 10 times

People who say there's an advantage to using keys are just looking for an excuse for their bad play. I don't think there's an advantage either way. You can say this is easier on this and that is easier on that, but really a little practice can change everything

Tk how dare u talk to ur father like that! .....I guess I didn't spend enough quality time with u........I'm going to china in September want to come??? :)

• 6 months later...

So there is an advantage to boarding for shooting. But for skating the gamepad is the way to go. I can't imagine how a keyboard could help skating and avoiding checks. I just realized how people deke so fast reading this thing! The keyboard!

Anyway the pass shot is defendable. I have one question. Is the backhand shot where the puck goes straight a pass shot or a wrist shot? If someone wants an example I'll give one, but that is the only shot I've seen that I actually would find useful to my game that I don't quite understand. I tried doing it as a pass and it seemed too hard to do. It required near instantaneous pressing of the buttons and often was as pass shots are, governed by momentum.

Yeah, I never asked but always assumed it was a pass shot, as I've NEVER seen guys who don't use pass shots get this goal on me.

It normally comes on semi or full break-aways with a guy skating center in, and you have to try to defend both sides, and think you've got an angle and then, back hand during the juking of left/right, and WHAM!, the speed shot guys by my goalie.

Can someone explain why the pass shot is cheap? I've been working on it. I got on the keyboard. I can't even figure out why I personally would almost ever want to use it. It is often more effective to have a slow shot to the far post that is accurate than a quick pass where you have to be in exactly the right spot/angle.

Am I missing something? I just practiced shootout with it, and I can do it, but I don't get it. Thanks for any input.