NHL'94 Forums

Glitch goals/pass goals ruined 94 !

The pass-shot is a useful tool, but the majority of goals are not pass-shots. Plabax is a unique exception.

Exhibit A: Carse.

He's one of the best to play the game and was not a big pass shooter.

Exhibit B: TomKabs

While he did the occasional pass-shot, he scored with dekes and one-timers:

(rarely do you see a pass shot here)

I agree, it ruined the game for me at least to the point where I'm not really that interested in 94 anymore. Now it's just something to do when I'm bored. Playing games against prominent pass-shooters feels like showing up with a knife to a gunfight. Would love to see a league created where it is not allowed. I can't be the only one to feel this way.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Oh please. I'm sure people were doing pass shots in the 90's so dont act like its this new school thing that the OGs of 94 dont use, some people do pass shots, some dont. They definitely take practice and skill so I fail to see how they are cheap or how they ruined the game. Pass shots were always there, its not like we entered a game genie code now we have this distinct advantage. So just because somebody can do something better than you doesnt mean its cheap or it runined the game. thats ignat thinking.

If people are beating you with pass shots, instead of calling it cheap and crying about it, how about you practice them. Then youll see that 1. they are very fun, 2. they are not easy at all, and 3. it is very possible to defend against them, especially if you actually learn how to do them you can learn to recognize them better and prepare your anus.

Please tell me how pass shots are a glitch, I would LOVE to hear that explanation.

Edited by donnybrook

Its not how fkin hockey is played and before there was only a rare pass goal from the hash marks now you have to defend from just crossing blueline.Its gotten out of hand .

And just because people can cheat better than others doesnt make it right!!!

hokkee cman im sorry youre a good dude and i like ya but thats fkn ignorant as fk. nothing about 94 is at all like real hockey, if you want the "real" hockey experience, or at least as close as you can get then go play nhl 14 or street hockey. 94 (at least to me) is more like an arcade game, sorta like nba jam thats why we play (usually) with no offsides and no line changes, because its more fun. so what now? were suppose to stop doing pass shots just because you and some other wacks who refuse to accept them cant do them? thats fkd up. its part of the game and if you dont like it then maybe you dont like 94 as much as you thought.

by saying its not how hockey is played youre basically saying, that putting the puck in the net is not how you play hockey. so please explain that one to me.

in no way shape or form is pass shoting cheating in anyway. you trying to justfy it because you apparently get burned by them and i understand its frustrating but youre going about it all wrong.

Edited by donnybrook
  • Like 1

It's clear that pass-shooting is here to stay, so arguing won't do much good. IMO and that of others, things are not fine and dandy the way it is now.

"Behind every complaint is a suggestion" (Unknown Author).............

I believe some of us want our own league but are reluctant to say it. Imagine a place where old-school 94 returns to it's former glory many of us grew up on, a pass-shot-free-zone.

Edited by Uncle Seth

"Favorite Way To Score:The cheaper the better"

That was written when I first joined the site. When the only pass-shot I knew of was from the redline straight on the ice, that would occasionally go in. The cheapness I referred to in that quote was a reference to crease cuts, shitty rebound goals and net crashing. But good catch, I probably should change that quote. Edited by Uncle Seth

I don't play w/ pass shots, and don't want to spend my time learning them. Whenever you play someone who uses them, the game is a totally different game. I think Kupuck/Coach Mac have done well w/ smaller leagues & some set rules, so suggest of forming a smaller league w/ no pass shots/cheap goals if you like that play enough. I'd probably join if it was the right setup/guys in it.

I don't like playing the game as much when it becomes super pass shot/cheap mode. I don't openly complain about it, but I don't see the need for the over reaction to someone stating they don't like it.

It is not real hockey & it is arcade style all the way, but within that, NBA Jam even had some modes that were no fun because they became too silly.

I was around in the '90s playing the game, and back then, you had to play in the same room with someone, and if you got too cheap/gay with your play, you could count on a hard punch/shot for your gimmicks.

Still funny Sether w/ his "Favorite Way to Score". That gave me a laugh.

I know it wont change either but its too bad we lost the way we used to play it.Its just fn retarded the way you can pass shot straight on with no actual shooting when you come across the line.

and I think 94 is alot like the real game and if you play any console hockey game , glitch goals is cheating.too bad it couldnt be fixed.

hokkee. please explain how its a glitch. do you know what glitch means? most of these arguments, i can kinda see the point although i disagree strongly but for the life of me i dont understand how pass shots are "glitches".

and while youre at it hokkee, tell me why if pass shots are so easy and cheap, why wouldnt you just level the field and use them once in a while, a goals a goal right? are they cheaper than cross creases or crashing the net?

and also ive been around a fairly long time and as long as ive been playing 94 with you fine folks, pass shots have always exsisted in very much the same way they do now. so why act like they are this new thing all the young kids are doing?

Edited by donnybrook

Pass shots are in the game, anyone can use them, and at this point they are common knowledge-- so I don't see how they could be considered a cheap or unfair advantage.

Both players go into the game knowing they can be used and have opportunity to use them (or stop them) if they'd like.

you're killing me hokkee, you of the master glitch shot - down angle shot along the boards with wendell clark.

Pass shots suck and are cheezy....... when you can't do them effectively. I thought so till I learned them, now they're fun and another element of your offensive arsenal. They are defensible.

They take an immense amount of time to learn and perfect, particularly if you use a gamepad over a keyboard.

You guys just sound like a bunch of old men who can't/don't adapt to new idea's and styles.

Just start a league with no pass shots. Jer had an idea for a league with only one-timers, which also sounded like a fun idea.

im all for this if people really have such a problem with pass shots then knock yourselfs out but i feel like this would be a recipe for conflict imo. how can you enforce something like that? if some ape loses a game and wanted to be a wacktard they could just be like "well umm he press the b button so he should be disqualified". just seems silly to me.

I thought so till I learned them, now they're fun and another element of your offensive arsenal. They are defensible.

They take an immense amount of time to learn and perfect, particularly if you use a gamepad over a keyboard.

Agreed. When people say that plabax won using pass shots, they shouldn't think that he was cheap-- instead they should be impressed that he has mastered the pass shot (and try to come up a way to shut him down next time.)

Edited by Wittgenstein

I do pass shots cause they are fun and make 94 a better game to me. They are not hard to learn, just take a little practice. I'm a very average player but can do them quite easily. Watch this video for some tips.

I never said plabax won by the pass goal.plabax is the best player ive ever played in my opinion.

and any goal thats scored in a way that wasnt meant to be . In the game and is a flaw that is exploited is a glitch goal.

Im just saying its not the way this game was made to be.Look in the f**king manual under pass goals ;)

In ancient times people cried about crease cuts. A few years ago people complained that one-timers were overpowered. Now people complain about pass shots. In a few years people will complain about some other way to score. It's called evolution people, adapt to the times or start a new trend and dominate.

And for taking a slapshit n scoring between the legs is a hockey goal.Try scoring 5 goals anddoing that...good luck

It wont change .I asked your opinion , didnt say vote . It out.Im just sparking some conversation and waiting for Blitz!!

I will throw a pass shot at the net if there are seconds winding down at the end of a period just to get one on net.....I'd say 25% of the time I'll get one past. I don't like using them all the time though.

Pretty much everything reasonable is said by ice / donny, but may I add:

- He who claims it don't take a fuckload of practice to score all kinds of passgoals (note: there are lots of them. "corner to corner" is just the easiest and most common to master. still many can't do it), is either lazy or n00bie.

- We did pass shots back in the 90's, so don't be such cave men, my dear American friends :)

- I've always considered pass goals as wrist shots and "actual shots" as slap shots. What's more logical or "real hockey" than that?

- Whining about passgoals really is about the same as whing about one timers or manual goalie :)

Its true that excessive pass shooters are boaring to play against. But before that, it was excessive cross creasing that seemed to be the 94 trend. The art of 94 is to have many weapons in your arsenal, which is the case of Plabax. He didn't won because he's a "pass shot master hacker" but because he's good at this game. Believe me, if pass shot is you're only way to score, any good coach will find a way to stop you.

I played for 20 years one way, and that included w/ penalties off (which eliminates the B Check), and is still my preferred way to play, because that's how I played for so long. I don't go around asking you guys to play me online w/ no penalties, cause the crying is never ending. We had penalties off in SNES Dynasty, and the B check was out as a result, and a lot of guys loved the dynasty style of the game, but hated adjusting and losing their B check. Anyhow, it was different, and a s result, was a fun change for some but not the preferred method.

Pass shot would/does take a REAL practice to learn. It's why I don't use them.

I think Hokkee calling the pass shot a glitz is fair, but calling everyone out for using it would be a stretch?

I got the impression from his post it was more a challenge of your manhood that you play like sissies. Maybe that's why your panties are in a bunch :)

Either way, pass shot is a glitz, and most of you are sissies who seem to beat me every time we play!