NHL'94 Forums

Sega NHL94 video

Hey guys, I finally finished my 2nd nhl94 video!

Video 2

It's a little long (6 minutes), but I think the editing is better than on the last one. And of course the video quality is infinitely better this time!

Video 1

Highlights from a set of maybe 30 games I played last year, mostly from cup runs by Chicago and Vancouver, plus a few random clips (some from the 2005 update ROM).

Sorry about the bad quality!

Edited by smozoma

Cool goal scored with the goalie.

I like the play when you rock the guy and when he's laying on the ice, you shoot the puck at him.

So funny.

Some plays: So offside.

post-269-1180923280_thumb.jpg

Nice video, always good to see another reel on the block :blink:

And as it happens, I spent the entire yesterday evening putting together my own compilation. Hopefully it'll be up later on.

And don't worry, all highlights are from the proper version... yeah, Genesis :D

That backhander off of the stick deflection near the beginning was just sick.

The only thing I recommend is that you should talk to clockwise about recording video on the computer without a camcorder. I don't know how to do it personally, but he could probably explain it to you.

The only thing I recommend is that you should talk to clockwise about recording video on the computer without a camcorder. I don't know how to do it personally, but he could probably explain it to you.

Yeah, I hadn't found the Gens Movie Maker emulator at that time, and my attempts at using screen capture programs didn't work (the emulator was taking too much CPU power).

Also, a lot of those clips are recorded from my actual Sega playing on a TV.

The song is "As Far as I Can Spit" by the Rainbow Butt Monkeys (1995). They're called "Finger Eleven" now.

Looks like you managed to get every flavor on the menu in there.

The part when you shot the puck at the injured player was barbaric *laugh out loud*, loved that part.

Great vid smozoma.

note to self: must figure out some way to make laugh out loud shorter. It could change the world.

• 1 year later...

Video 2

*new!!*

It's a little long (6 minutes), but I think the editing is better than on the last one. And of course the video quality is infinitely better this time!

Video 2

*new!!*

Great job, SMOZOMA! That is probably the best highlight NHL '94 video that I can remember watching. A fantastic assortment of goals, hits and bounces.

Bravo! :D

Bravo on the Bjork!

I love the goal (I think between Calgary and Dallas) where the Dallas player throws it into the corner to another guy and it pulls the Calgary goalie out a little bit. Then the guy with the puck in the corner finds a Dallas forward all alone in the middle of the crease for a tap-in.

I love the goal (I think between Calgary and Dallas) where the Dallas player throws it into the corner to another guy and it pulls the Calgary goalie out a little bit. Then the guy with the puck in the corner finds a Dallas forward all alone in the middle of the crease for a tap-in.

Yeah, that was the one draft league highlight in the video. Seems he got his revenge on me, though, beating me out by one point for the last playoff spot :lol:

Wow, that was Logan's goal? Kid is learning quick...

I was Dallas (the scorer). Never been able to score like that again, though.. just one of those wacky nhl94 moments.

Err, it's Esthero. The Canadian Bjork, perhaps.. : )

my bad yo, anything icelandic tickles my pinkie toe.

Smoz,

Great video. This really shows your 94 experience. I bet you are a great teammate to setup crazy one-timers. Great stuff, every highlight video should have mishaps.. it's a big part of why this game is so fun.

-Evan

Video 2

*new!!*

Awesome video dude! Looks like the genesis 94 has more deflections (that's the word, right?) than snes, the puck doesn't change direction like that at all. Cool!

I like the play when you rock the guy and when he's laying on the ice, you shoot the puck at him.

Oh my god yes! Even though I knew it was coming I didn't expect it to be that hilarious! I actually laughed out loud... Nice!! :D (at 3:10 for those who don't bother watching all of it, though I can't see why one wouldn't).

And way to beat up the opponent after scoring! That's the way to do it! :D

edit.. The song @ video #2 is: The Bravery - An Honest Mistake... I just had to dig it up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...