NHL'94 Forums

Ninety Flow 2014-2015

trudatman

if you end up collecting details from a few people here and promote our community or whatever, you are certainly welcome to mention trudatmangames and/or Ninety Flow. if you are eager to promote mine alone, I guess I could up with a script for a ten-, fifteen- or thirty-second promo piece. what is your station/program/format? is it an online and/or on air station?

Well, I have an online radio we play wrestling themes on Monday, we play rap on Tuesday metal/blues Wednesday Thursday mix of everything and Friday Reggae Dancehall. We promote on the hour 24/7. visit us at http://www.white-black-gaming.com

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to the newest installment of NHL Ninety Flow? I am sure you are aware of this- I found an error in the last version- Playoffs 2014. Vlad Tarasenko on STL is RH and #79 in the game; in real life he is #91 and LH. Cheers.

thanks for the interest and I always want to get those corrections. I am really strongly considering a revamp of the ratings system. I have plans to get one done this season, but it's looking like it'll be after the trade deadline, at least. maybe even after the first few playoff games. I am very much hoping to get some serious assistance in getting it all done and I don't really like making the baby momma grind out the stats stuff with me, but it'll probably play out like that again this season. your help has been great, Cosmic. feel free to pressure me to do the work.

I think the major overhaul will be something like a factoring in quality of competition and maybe even zone starts. if anybody has any thoughts on doing that -- like where to pull such statistics from or how much weight to give to such factors -- I'd very much like to chat it up. I started this season's but I was not happy with how it was going. I will start over in a few months. it'd be great to have a formula in place. please respond if you have anything to contribute, y'all!

I am not sure what zone starts are, but this site has links to some fantasy stat sites:

http://keepingkarlsson.podbean.com/

You just need to scroll the left side content flow, down to "C. Stats Resources." I have never actually looked at the sites, but I have heard guys on the interview talking about stats like % that a guy successfully carries the puck over the blue line and into the offensive zone. I thought it was a cool stat. I noticed last years that Mats Zuccarello seemed to be the most consistent NYR at doing this, but I never heard an announcer mention it. I noticed he has not been doing it as much this year, mostly him or another guy on his line just dumps and chases. I have not confirmed my anecdotal memory; but I figure if I really wanted to, then this would be the place to scour the stats to do so.

• 5 weeks later...

having a flashing popup after goals and in last two minutes instead of the constant scoreboard overlay

getting goalies freed to roam further

The scoreboard:

Easy and fast TLP edit and I got this:

krevonemezery 0003.bmp

I like the scoreboard here much more than the original one, which is too big for my taste. EA logo is annoying under the clock. In TLP I can't find anything similar (except zamboni EA logo). The whole background would go away after erasing the logo in TLP. That's something I would like to have.

If you do not like the HAT TRICK! (and PEN. SHOT and GOAL!) popup, it can be changed to something like this by simple hex editing:

krevone 0004.bmp

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/2999-how-to-edit-the-scoreboard/

I will try this Genesis way in the future, do not have much time these days. I am afraid it won't work as the Genesis version is in many ways very different (goalies roaming is exactly that case).

tru, have youtried that? Or do you know where the EA logo is located?

Goalies:

I tried

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/11467-how-to-let-the-goalie-roam-farther-with-and-without-the-puck/

but no luck here either.

I found 2400/DCFF at F315A/F3193, F3182/F319F and F318E/F31A7 but changing to 7C00/84FF or even 4800/B8FF had no affect on goalies roaming.

If i remember correctly you wanted to add bleeding after players get injured. It is not possible. I found the sprites in TLP which are used when the player is knocked down on the ice and added blood. Check following pics:

krevone 0001.bmp

krevone 0000.bmp

krevone 0002.bmp

All the players are "bleeding", no matter if they are injured or just knocked down and the color is the same as is used as jersey/helmet colors.

Edited by DominikJagr

yeah. there is nothing new to me here, but I very much appreciate the effort put forth. I have not found the EA logo on the clock, either. my ROMs have the popups and overlays intact, but use a thinner border than the default. keep trying stuff. I think you will be the guy to make the next big SNES NHL '94 hacking discovery.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been playing '94 on my phone emulator lately, and does anyone have a version of this rom with the player star?

In TLP copy and paste player stars area from the original rom to tru's rom. It's same like copying block of text.

If I could I would do it now, it's piece of cake, but I dont have classic mouse right now and using touchad just for internet browsing gives me wristaches.

Edited by DominikJagr

and if anybody makes such a ROM, share away. I have almost no intention of doing it, but everybody is always welcome to do anything they want with my ROMs, as long as it's not for profit. I think the star is useless and annoying unless you are playing with more than one human player on a team. I am in a very small minority there, but... oh, well.

cool. good looking out. love the multiple options. did you take care to leave the puck and net changes alone while doing this? I assume you did, because you know what you are doing in there, but those changes are in the same block of the ROM, so I'm curious. I guess I can download these and take a look....

I tried my best to keep your nets and puck untouched, I think it is o.k. :-)

it's great. I was thinking the numbers one might not need the little puddle of piss under the player. it has the number for the player selection screen and those little icons don't do much in the game, so maybe they could be straight removed. just a thought. not the one I'm going to play anyway, but I gave it a try it it was neat. obviously it took me many dozens of tries to download the sucker, but it was good stuff. I think you should work with me on the next update. I think we should partner up. I think Ninety Flow should be ours. no worries if you pass, but think about it.

Yes, it may be polished but that is so simple stuff anyone can make it in TLP (it's like MS Paint, it is really that easy folks). For your upcoming releases I will check those details properly to make it perfect.

I don't think I deserve any credit on any of your roms as you do all the hard work and these 2 roms we are talking about took five minutes to edit, maybe less, including downloading TLP and roms. When I got an idea, suggestion or know how to help, I do not keep it for myself so you can take all my comments and suggestions as kind of partnership. I got a soft spot for trolls ;-) And transvestites.

With the stars indicators implemented you will get much more suggestions from other members and SNES players as well I guess and your work will get attention it deserves.

I was wondering what was happening with that file, forty something downloads, then sixty something, then over one hundred. Weird stuff.

anyway... here's hoping I follow through and do an update after the trade deadline. it's going to be a lot of work. the formula I had going on in an early test update didn't work for all teams, so I'm not sure what I'll do.

Edited by tru

• 2 months later...

so, this is looking like it's going to get done. forgive my countdown updates, but they help me keep motivated and they are also getting this old profile back to the right post count. anyway...

does anybody want to check the partially done ROM for mistakes like wrong handedness, numbers and misspelled names? it's ANA through WSH right now. hit me if you care enough to try.

Edited by trudatman

lots of uniform adjustments have been made. they look damned good. still seeking somebody to check my work. holler.

I'm waiting like a kid before christmas for the 2015 ROM.

I know i'm really late to the party but i have only one wish for it, on the 2014 version the markers on the players are blue and green, i have a hard time to see the blue one because it blend with the ice color somehow.

It might have been already talked about here but it would be perfect if the markers ( known as star in the original version ) are in a brighter color like red and yellow for exemple.

activate the multitap option for a rainbow of choices.

alright, it's "done." a new thread will follow soon. please help me make corrections to any errors.