NHL'94 Forums

The c-b check has ruined Blitz !

Whats the point of it even being blitz now that you can make the light guys hit the fat guys down like flies.
,its a cheaters game now ,so either learn how to do all the glitches (cheats ) or die is the new attitude and everyone seems fine with this??????
your all a buncha rats who have ruined NHL94.

Edited by hokkeefan

1st it was the pass shot so that wasnt too bad but now theres the pass shot coming down the middle and now the icing on the cake is taking away the power of the weight bug fix with the c-b check m YOU GUYS ARE FREAKING AWSOME !!
This last bug has to be fixed ,hope smozoma has and it can be put in ,not sure if i ever want to play 94 again ,its been so cheapened ,.

Although it seems to be only a few guys that do it in A lg ,ill swap with someone in B lg .

So you pick good light guys and use c-b check in blitz now and gives you an outright advantage over the coaches that dont learn the glitch..

uhg i give up !! you glitchers win ,thanks for effing up the game !

Edited by hokkeefan

I agree to a point.

It goes with any game though. People look for the shortcuts and they always abuse them. Most gamers don't have integrity. I don't pass shot nor will I learn it because it's a glitch. It does cheapen the game. I haven't seen people yet using the c/b check but I'm sure people will if given the opportunity.

I played a game vs Uncle Seth where he was given a penalty shot on a check basically from the side and he dumped the shot. That's integrity.

Other than that I'll take greater satisfaction winning against people who must exploit every glitch.

This comes from the guy who uses the faceoff pass shot between the goalies legs.

Go to bed.

Your comparing the oldest lamest one that hardly ever works to a new cheat that changes the whole game ! Edited by hokkeefan

I agree to a point.

It goes with any game though. People look for the shortcuts and they always abuse them. Most gamers don't have integrity. I don't pass shot nor will I learn it because it's a glitch. It does cheapen the game. I haven't seen people yet using the c/b check but I'm sure people will if given the opportunity.

I played a game vs Uncle Seth where he was given a penalty shot on a check basically from the side and he dumped the shot. That's integrity.

Other than that I'll take greater satisfaction winning against people who must exploit every glitch.

I want very badly to beat these guys who use it but when plabax takes every huge fat guy down like he's 98lbs and wins with the straight on pass shots I kind of get a bit angry

There really should be a way to fix the whole c/b check issue. I thought the whole point of Blitz was to fix the original weight bug checking. As it is now heavies and lights can check. It's like a free for all check fest.

Don't get too upset hokkee, take away the glitches and what is Plabax's skill level? Oh that's right http://nhl94online.com/html/coachpage.php?lg=10&sublg=GENS-C&team_ID=405 17-19...

You should see how mad Plabax gets when he loses and is using all the glitches, oh that's right again.. we see that every time he rage quits a league....

Blitz seems to be a league that is designed to NOT have a weight bug, so unlike pass shot debates, this one seemed to smack right in the face of the core reason to have Blitz, instead of Classic. Draft a good checking team in & exi against Plabax and you quickly realize just how bad it is to have a team lighter & faster than you by miles and then also able to out check you.

I've never been one to hop on the forums & byatch though. I did see how bad it was after exi'ing against Raph & Plabax (more so w/ Plabax because his team was so light), and I was the one who then PM'd smoz because, again, you can play in any league w/ any rules. Why create Blitz and fix a weight bug only to get around it? Just didn't make sense.

I'd assumed once Smoz fixed the bug that goes around his original fix that it would be implemented into the newer seasons. I doubt the "fix" is in the exi rom, so hokkee having the fattest team in the game just about probably was in straight hell last night.

And, Plabax doesn't need to use it to dominate, but why would he not?? I mean, I completely understand using it. And, it's something I would work on for GDL. But to me, Blitz was designed to NOT have this particular issue of light/heavy abused, and have the game play where the big boys play like big boys.

Sic, smoz fixed it. It's just not in the exi rom, because that used the old Blitz rom.

And I disagree w/ you on Plabax & his skills.

His goalie control has gone to a very high level & his B check is better than his C to the B check, so the drop off if he doesn't use it is minimal.

He controls all one timers & passes to them extremely well. He's always scored at a high clip, but now defends well too.

He's a high A+ skill level. He's also a little prick that no one likes. I get that. And does rage quit, etc, etc. He likes to use the bugs more than the regular way. That is the way of a "gamer".

Any gamer is going to play all the time & practice too. A casual guy like you or me really has no real chance on a regular basis, bugs, pass shots or not.

If he played w/out pass shots, and C/B checks, he'd still crush at a 85 to 90% clip anyone in B, including you or me. I just don't see the value of calling out his play when it's strong & the bug is fixed.

Shud defo b fixed for all leagues. Pass shot is a skill that adds to the game. This is a bug that takes away plain & simple

I stand by my statement. Take away all glitches and Plabax is no better than I. He & I have proved it. He loves telling everyone he's the best ever at a game that's 20 years old. He told me he could beat me every game we played without doing the pass shot. So we started playing exhis. They were all close games with both of us winning even amount of games. Finally though when I started beating him he acted his age and did a rage quit.

Then weeks later he was still mad that I proved to him his game relies on glitches. He started pinging me on AIM saying if I could beat him he'd quit NHL 94 forever. We played, I won, he rage quit again and is still here trolling every chance he gets. He probably practices this game about 4 hours a day in hopes of discovering more glitches. Which he probably has discovered and simply hasn't told anyone.

If Smoz has the fix for the weight bug then cheers..

& I don't care if Plabax is 8... 10.. 12 or 65... he's a nuisance, he gets off on pissing people off or running them out of this community by using his glitches... which makes him more than a nuisance, he's a scum bag person, never mind what type of player of any game he is

So he can F%$# off & if anyone doesn't like it... they can go suck an egg

You ,kin graph and plabax are the ones who love all this glitch s**t and continue to lessen the NHL94 experience

This comes from a guy who is learning the pass shot and scored a couple against me last night.

Btw I haven't learned the cb check and don't care to.

I'm with robbie. the pass shot is a skill that's difficult to learn and takes a lot of time and devotion to the game to master.

the cb check is another thing. that completely defeats the purpose of blitz and it would've been ridiculous to play a season with that. im glad to hear it's been resolved.

Is the average age of this community 65? You should be happy that new things are being figured out, they only make this already beautiful game more dynamic. Is """integrity""" really worth it when it causes you to lose early in every league? I have no respect for guys who cling onto 'glitch hating' like it's a legitimate excuse for their sucking. Plabax may be a polarizing figure in the community, but you can't say he sucks or is not one of the best. He is not a genius, he's just player who is not afraid to adapt like some of you old folks. It should also be noted that he had to work pretty hard to get to the top. He was crap in his first season of gens C, but improved quickly through tons and tons of exis.

In short, don't be that old man who says "Oh yeah? I've never worked out, I work 40 hours a week, smoke, drink, have a huge gut, and I could still outplay you any day." Learn to adapt and embrace the depth of 94. If more people could become more competitive it would only make the game more fun.

Also,the olllld days was a blast because everyone played with their creativity n skill ,not practicing a fricken glitch in the game so you can score cheap ass goals or cheat on checking , you guys have taken a masterpiece n are picking it apart slowly,your fkin ruining it and you guys think this is evolving lol,go f yourself

lol hokkee, I think all this anger would be better re-directed at the guys who "remade" nhl94 for nhl14. When I started I only did one-timers and deke goals, then I got tired of losing every game 7-3. You could argue that crease cuts and cheese ass slappers are glitches too, if not at least more annoying than the "glitch goals". Half the ways to score are pretty cheesy and annoying but you have to learn them all so you don't get buried every game.

The internet is a glitch, lets go back to sending telegrams to eachother.....

Some classic ventage is probably acceptable in the realm of a forum.

Probably the norm.

That said, it's not really my style. Most of the guys in B primarily do not play 100's exis & it's rare to see a B shot or heavy crease usage, and tend to be more of a casual gamer who likes joining a league, creating his team, and duking it out some.

And, ironically, we were all put in B because we suck too much to play in A. LOL.

Stating pass shots, and all the other advantages of "gaming" & practicing 100's of exis gives you an edge and pisses those not doing it off is an exercise in redundancy.

My vote:

GDL: no fix for c/b check

Classic: no fix for c/b check

Blitz: It does seem like a no brainer to fix it here if the core idea of this league was to have the checking advantage on heavier guys

Edited by Depch

My vote:

Blitz: It does seem like a no brainer to fix it here if the core idea of this league was to have the checking advantage on heavier guys

Makes sense although kinda cheesy Blitz-wise considering some people probably drafted their team with the CB check in mind

My vote:

-What if the seasons 1 to 8 with the champs;

aj

frey

carse

swos

raph

.........sux cuz of the cb chk

c'mon guys!

Makes sense although kinda cheesy Blitz-wise considering some people probably drafted their team with the CB check in mind

Fair point. I believe at draft time there were three coaches who knew and used the check regularly - king, swos and plabax.

Plabax and swos agreed it was ok to fix it. I believe King was not in favor of it.

The other 21 coaches drafted without the cb check in mind.

Fair point. I believe at draft time there were three coaches who knew and used the check regularly - king, swos and plabax.

Plabax and swos agreed it was ok to fix it. I believe King was not in favor of it.

The other 21 coaches drafted without the cb check in mind.

Yeah I really have no say since I'm not involved, totally up to you guys. I'm just trying to say that people shouldn't shoot things down so quickly because of fear of the unknown or fear of change. It's not like the CB check just flips the weights of everyone or anything. I personally think it adds strategy, makes things more interesting. CB check makes 94 more hard hitting I think. People used to complain about the B check being cheap.

You could say the rise of B check centered defense makes 94 more campy or 'boring'. With CB checks you can go for more of those high flying booster checks.

Also, one thing I noticed is that most the really good 94 players are amazing at the B check. Most 94 players still loves crappy old C checks. When I played I only really went for C checks when they were on the boards (cuz it always works), or when I was in desperation trying to knock them off course to score. 98% of the time I tried to get lined up for a satisfying B check. You guys wanna kill something that makes C checking better??

Hokkee it's really not hard to learn, it will allow you to play more of a good ol' C checking play style. Also Carse should love CB checks because everyone knows he's a C checking whore.

I don't think Plabax, Swos or Kingraph would have drafted any differently even if this didn't exist. Plabax likes his mobility, maybe influenced on some of the d-men picks. Kingraph has fatties on his backline so c/b won't affect there. Swos was aiming these guys pretty much from the start regardless. Thus I think it's just yada yada bringing up the possible draft option here. The real question is where will Blitz go from this. Will you allow Kovalenko "C-check" McSorley with C/B. Someone will bring up B-check here and my statement is that B-Check is no glitch, I review it more as tripping as it's meant for poking and pass interceptions too aka defending with the stick. Very often the penalty on that is also called tripping but it occasionally does a checking animation there too, especially close to boards. Also that resistance to B-checks is stickhandling validates that idea even more where as to C-checks well, it was fairly intentended that it's the weight as checking resistance and c/b throws that to the trashbin.

Edited by Depch