NHL'94 Forums

skip

Final 2015 ROM pre-season update coming tomorrow! I will post in a new thread to make it easier to find.

-Added players who made squads/removed players sent back to juniors (I will include a master list of players removed)

-Tweaked some player ratings

-Updated the lines a week or so ago, so may not be totally up to date for tomorrow night...unless I have some free time tonight (but my gf is going out to dinner with some friends, so I may have that time haha). Probably best to wait until we see who plays with who in the regular season anyways.

The only thing I never got done was to fix the team overall ratings. When I went into the hex coding & changed the hex values, the team overall ratings in the game did not change. If that ever gets figured out, I will release an update. I will probably do an update every month or two anyways to keep up with trades. First update may come quicker though.

I hope you all continue to have fun with the ROM! I've had some great games with the it and plan on having a tournament later on this month to really test it out. I'm open to any suggestions if you have anything you'd like me to consider adding/changing.

-Skip

http://marcskip1619.wix.com/nhl94

• 1 month later...

Just because you're a Kings fan I'm guessing!? Bergeron and Datsyuk are best defensive fwds. But you can do whatever you want to your ROM. Keep in kind I rated every player, not just your favorite team.

No because the ROM reeks of East Coast Bias. The Stanley Cup champs are a 10 point underdog in stats to the team they beat in 5 games? Yeah, that seems likely.

A sniper like Toffoli with a 65 shot accuracy? Justin Williams 10 points faster than Jeff Carter?

I can go on and on about the Ducks, the Sharks and all the other teams you probably have never seen. Thanks, but if you like a west coast team, the game is virtually unplayable.

Problem: you don't agree with the ROM.

Solution: stop whining and create your own ROM.

You're obviously a homer, which is funny because LA is the best team in the game. When you rate EVERY PLAYER in the game, YOU can do whatever you'd like. Everyone else loves the game, so one complaint isn't going to make me work on your fave team/player. Just don't use my ROM as your base, I'm kind of all set with giving you permission for that. Let me know when Toffolli scores 50 goals and deserves a 99 in shot acc like you'd want.

Thanks, Duke. I don't get it- I bust my balls on this ROM for hours upon hours upon days, and this guy is mad that Kopitar has a 5 for Def and Toffolli has a 4 for shot acc?! Madness!

Thanks Clockwise! I get a little defensive because I put a ton of work (and hours) into making a balanced game.

Riboot- I don't really do much of the functional parts of the game, but I give permission to anyone who can make that happen. I will be posting a completely updated version soon. Haven't worked on anything since around the 2nd week of the season. I just posted an updated working version with graphics updates (stick tape, traps), Y-goalie control from slapshot67.

Skip, don't change a thing. Love it. If you don't like the ROM or have a problem with the stats in it.......simple......don't play it