Blitz start?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone knows the schedule...4 games vs others. I think the bigger concern is Frey has dropped off the face of the planet. No commish = no league.

Got a hold of him on twitter few days ago. He said he's been super busy and apologized. Said he'd get back to working on things soon.

In interim, i don't think we need him to get season going. Chaos needed a saved state to check site. Beyond that i think there's little else needed to start, am i missing anything?

I've sent a savestate to chaos. I'll come on more often to check all of this guys, my bad.

OK, lets get this going now! I think the success of Kupuck's TDL has given the community a buzz again. Important to get Blitz started now & keep that going.

As Probob said, do we need a new roll call to make sure guys are still around?

Hey guys, I'm going to bail out of Blitz. King and I played a bunch of exi's last night and I got blasted in part due to the C/B check. Blasted so much i had to quit playing like a loser.

I don't have any interest in learning that hack of the game and frankly it really eliminates a lot of the individual player attributes when it comes to checking.

I'm the first to admit I use many 'hacks' aka pass shots, slap dekes periodic cross crease shots but those are all offensive measures. The C B check is the only hack available defensively and it really changes the whole dymanic of the game (anyone can knock down anyone using speed burst). So that said, I won't be able to compete at the level I'd like to without learning that hack, I have no interest in learning that one and to be honest it really cheapens the game.

Just out of curiosity. What is the c b check hack?

(Assuming a ROM with the normal weight bug) you could check heavy players with light players as usual using the C button, but if you wanted to check a light player with a heavy player, you could do so by checking with C, then, before contact was made, pressing B to switch to another player. The check would then be successful. So using normal C checks and C-B checks, you could check any player, regardless of weight.

Man Icestorm just learn it dude. You seem to understand it (it's not that complicated), so it shouldn't be that hard to start implementing it into your game.

This community only needs on fokkeefan, you can learn to adapt!

Raph keep it up don't hold back on the cb checks. People like you force this community to adapt. Without 'play to win' adapting players like you this community would have banned pass shots years ago.

Imagine that kind of world :electric_shock:

TK it pretty much removes the difference in weights of players. Theres nothing to 'evolving' or making the game better with it. It's not hard to learn at all but it cheapens the game.

You draft a sweeney because he pretty much can only be B checked, now steve smith or eric lindros can essentially c chk him. How's that evolving or diversifying the game?

Ehhh I dunno man I've never played with a cb check player. All you can do is learn to abuse it yourself lol

Lol trudat. Just doesnt interest me what so ever. Pass shots and slap dekes from the most outrageous areas are fun, this is not.

Having the heavy guys be able to C check again gives them a reason to be used and removes the whole "weight bug whore b-check fest that classic and gdl represent". B-check is much worse than this CB check, but you're used to it.

Having said that, the weight bug needs to just be removed with CB check for the best ROM. Both suck. And if we could remove the b-check (like what happens when you have penalties off), that'd be great too.

Ice...please, you're turning into hokkee. Except more dramatic. Lol.

Remove CB check from the final Blitz ROM!

Well I'm impartial about the rest but never remove the B check! I don't see how it's cheap or cheesy at all. It's a reward for lining them up perfectly. I personally think it's a dynamic that only ADDS to 94's depth. Without it wouldn't everything depend on weight basically? (weight bug or fixed)

Having the heavy guys be able to C check again gives them a reason to be used and removes the whole "weight bug whore b-check fest that classic and gdl represent". B-check is much worse than this CB check, but you're used to it.

Having said that, the weight bug needs to just be removed with CB check for the best ROM. Both suck. And if we could remove the b-check (like what happens when you have penalties off), that'd be great too.

Ice...please, you're turning into hokkee. Except more dramatic. Lol.

Remove CB check from the final Blitz ROM!

Cmon seriously, i have an opinion on a new loop hole in the game and now i'm turning into hokkee?

The B chk is entirely different animal that is only effective in tight. So imo its not worse at all, it doesnt take away time and space like the CB chk.

Cmon seriously, i have an opinion on a new loop hole in the game and now i'm turning into hokkee?

The B chk is entirely different animal that is only effective in tight. So imo its not worse at all, it doesnt take away time and space like the CB chk.

An opinion is one thing, bailing out of the league is another. Of course I'm gonna take a shot at you for complaining about a "hack" in the game as this is exactly what hokkee likes to post.

I don't understand dropping out as I thought it was agreed that the final Blitz ROM (if it were to ever exist) was presumed to include SMOZ's CB Bug Fix.

And you can't quit something that doesn't exist, technically, you can quit the idea :)

Mentally, playing against the CB bug in Blitz is mentally demoralizing and it's why I requested SMOZ to look into it way back when.

You draft fat farts to take hits and someone else drafts fast guys giving up the check skill & the ability to take a hit in exchange for the speed he gains.

Then, you play that guy, and suddenly, your not only slower, but getting the sh&t knocked out of you as well.

1000% opposite of all other exploits.

In Classic, the guy is at least the slow guy who is C checking to you & knocking you down, so the CB is not such a disdain.

And as a guy who grew up playing w/ penalties off, the B check is a weird thing to me, but I've adapted more of late.

It goes off puck control, but it has a limited range, and if it misses, does leave your opponent switching to different defenders in a game that doesn't switch so friendly back & forth.

I usually gladly play in any league, including SNES, that does a season w/ the penalties off.

I don't compare the two "bugs", although I see Raph's points.

An opinion is one thing, bailing out of the league is another. Of course I'm gonna take a shot at you for complaining about a "hack" in the game as this is exactly what hokkee likes to post.

I play leagues to try and win them, not just for fun.

If you feel like someone has an immediate advantage over you by exploiting the only known defensive hack, and that person is one of the faves in the league without the hack, why bother playing in the league? Not to mention i have zero interest in learning that hack since there is no 'defending' it unlike pass shots and slap dekes. It bastardizes the game.

So lump my opinion in with hokkees but thats the easy way

Well aware of the post hokkee put up, i commented on it about him not adapting. But this CB check is completely different than anything he was complaining about. It drastically changes the game

Last i knew brutus it was going to be in blitz.