NHL'94 Forums

Tool for changing all players' or goalies' attributes

peruukki

I have made a Windows command line tool for the NHL 95 PC version that allows you to increase or decrease all players' or goalies' attributes, hopefully it will be useful for someone else too. For example, I find the pace of the game a bit too slow by default, so I can increase the players' speed attribute by 30 or something. The tool is described in more detail on its GitHub page where you can also download it.

The tool can also add a team to the database (by copying the first team's data), which you can use as a starting point if you want to try adding a team to the game. The added team will show up in some menus but trying to use it will crash the game. By debugging the crashes someone could possibly figure out what changes need to be made to really add teams. I tried starting it myself but I haven't done any DOS debugging before and it seemed it would just require too much time to be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

You can probably figure out the 'unknown' attributes by cross-referencing the values with the console versions.

you're missing checking, pass bias (not shown anywhere in the game), endurance, shot power, shot accuracy, stick handling...

What this actually do? I tried it and could not see that "New Team Newcomers" on TEAMS.DB.

Oh, that's strange, it should add the team to both TEAMS.DB and CARTEAMS.DB... It's been a long time since I've used the tool, I'll try it out again in case I've broken something.

You can probably figure out the 'unknown' attributes by cross-referencing the values with the console versions.

you're missing checking, pass bias (not shown anywhere in the game), endurance, shot power, shot accuracy, stick handling...

I never thought about that, do the console versions have other attributes? But I don't understand what you mean about missing those attributes, the ones you listed are all there.

Those things are listed on NHLDBEditor. Seems to be same attributes I have on my tools: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/15180-more-rosters-to-nhl95pc/?p=126185

I never thought about that, do the console versions have other attributes? But I don't understand what you mean about missing those attributes, the ones you listed are all there.

Oh, I was going off the image under "Changing attributes of all players or goalies" on the github page where it had a bunch of "unknown"s listed.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have made a Windows command line tool for the NHL 95 PC version that allows you to increase or decrease all players' or goalies' attributes, hopefully it will be useful for someone else too. For example, I find the pace of the game a bit too slow by default, so I can increase the players' speed attribute by 30 or something. The tool is described in more detail on its GitHub page where you can also download it.

The tool can also add a team to the database (by copying the first team's data), which you can use as a starting point if you want to try adding a team to the game. The added team will show up in some menus but trying to use it will crash the game. By debugging the crashes someone could possibly figure out what changes need to be made to really add teams. I tried starting it myself but I haven't done any DOS debugging before and it seemed it would just require too much time to be worth it.

It does not work - no .exe file!