NHL'94 Forums

If you were running the classic league...

halifax

I would modify team picking as well. I would essentially have a draft for teams. Start with the weakest player in the league at #1 and strongest as last pick. That would even things out to where the weakest players might be able to break .500 and make for a very balanced league.

If guys want to have a draft...we could look at this. I guess we could look at setting times for everyone to pick.

however, trying to keep things balanced for a league is very difficult...replacements are a part of every league and will always affect the mix when they occur.

Limit each league to a max. # of coaches (no more then a dozen per lg) and make the waitlists stronger. Playing in leagues where there is a competitive environment should be treated more as a privilege, when we let everyone that signs up into the league is where a lot of problems with classic start in my opinion. Maybe for new coaches we could have a small league with a short 20 game regular season.

Time zone conferences would be highly disproportionate, there are far more of coaches that live in Eastern time zones and barely any that live in Pacific time zones. By the time we consider European players and central/rocky mountain guys things would get complicated.

I like the idea of waitlist, however Classic has always been a non-prejudiced league, unlike the elite league which is very prejudice against people with low incomes. (jk bud). :)

4 serperate leagues but league 1 has the better players, that way we can filter the chumps at the other end who dont play, then the serious players being in division 1 and 2. the top 4 teams in each league go up and bottom 4 gwill drop down, also works as a good way of seeding. timezones shouldnt be considered yet untill a userbase is established (snes anyway) and i beleive if you setup a structure where you contact opponent and get ideas for times it works better. the numbers in each league can be increased anywere from 12 to 20 if theres 20 in a league 5 go up and 5 go down. if people dont play a second season and drop out then players just get moved up into the empty (bud compacting) slots from the lower division. After 2 or 3 seasons with a good structure people will play ma lot more regular in the top 2 leagues then there will be 2 lower leagues for encouraging noobs to play and get better and move up .

If each player gets 3 team picks & they dont get their first choice team they will have a good team anyway so shouldnt be any complaints.

play eachother 4 games, 2 can be too short and leave you wanting more, and 3 makes home and away fixtures uneven.

Edited by fenty

That paragraph bordered on coherent at times, well done.

Are you actually going to play your games this season or will you chump out again after you're on the wrong end of some smashings?

NORTHWAY LIVES!! sign in for some 2v2 soon.

There will be a fall season. Registration will be up in a week or two. Chaos is the man in japan.

I would make it mandatory that we use a messaging system that was made this century. 96' called and they want their aol back.

I never understood the backlash against aim. I know it's old school but what's wrong with it? I honestly don't see any problems with it, I really like it

• 2 months later...

So i read this and would like to say penalties are better than no penalties. First you can't turn off injuries. People get injured more when penalties are off and that is worse than power plays. Losing your star forward in the 1st period is so depressing. In the end, the arbitrary penalties are annoying but they are better than any other option the game gives us. As well not getting taken down from behind on breakaways is a positive on gameplay.

I dont understand the draft stuff. It sounds weird I admit. I love how people prefer different squads. It makes the game interesting. I liked the snake draft this year.