NHL'94 Forums

Congrats to Blitz B

LA Robbie

Just thought the members of Blitz B were worth a shout out. It's been a great start to the season with a lot of stories making it probably the best Blitz season i've been involved in so far since joining in season 06.

First of all the B guys are actually playing, which seems to be a bit of a novelty for a 94 online league. 6 players are up over 20 games with Brutus already having played 30, Probob on 29 & myself on 28. Chaos is the only guy not to have shown up yet. Again showing that B is the best level for guys committing to the leagues they play.

Big story has definitely been Probob's start to the season with Ottawa. Had gone 22-4-0 before falling to Donnybrook 3 games in a row. Bure & Shanahan with Ricci looks incredible & he would seem to be the favourite right now.

Donny's wins over Ottawa looks to be the start of Boston's season and a strong challenge from him seems imminent, whilst Brutus with St. Louis & Sicarius with TB have also been solid. My Redwings have also recovered from an average start to climb the standings. I think that's the most exciting thing this season. I said it after the draft but the top 5 in the league can all beat one another, so then when you remember that Fitzo & Minpind have yet to rack up games & last season's B runner up Chaos has yet to start you realise just how tough a winner this season is to pick. Very exciting when the competition is so tight.

On top of all that is the battle between the league's top stars. I'm delighted with Dino's 74 points in 28 games so far. He was averaging about 1.800 a game after 16 games but has since exploded & currently averages over 2.600 per game. Bure has the exact same points for Ottawa after 29 games & Hull has been a sensation for St. Louis. The Lafontaine/Neely combination for TB looks very special & Courtnall & Sandstrom have racked up 45 points between them in 8 games for Fitzo's Quebec. At the other end Patrick Roy has been his usual miracle-worker self for Ottawa with an incredible .736 save average after 29 games & Detroits Barrasso over .740! Boston's John Blue is at .781 after 14 games! Amazing. Can he keep that going all season?!

It's all these little things adding up to a great season so far at a time when the community has been suffering.

94 a long way from finished yet, & hopefully this is a precurser to a strong classic season & an upturn in activity in the community.

Congrats again to the B guys!

Edited by LA Robbie

nice job fella's keep it up. Of course the 2 slackers with GP are almost A quality so nice job there keeping up the A league slacking rep!

FYI I'm in the air right now on way back from Salt Lake City. Will be around this weekend for games. Feel like the 10+ days away has recharged/remotivated me a little bit

Holding up the rear and keeping steady haha! Is there a Blitz C?......thats where I belong. Geez I don't know if I drafted a bad squad or I just don't play enough or what???!!! Can't get out of this funk

Blitz has some subtle changes to it from Classic, that can take a minute to get used to, and vice versa.

The goalie is the biggest. Switching time is shorter & they are beefed up, minus Roy & Eddy. The weight bug fix also means the game is slightly slower since the rink is filled w/ heavier guys.

Your team looks solid, Iafrate, Chelios, Hawerchuk, Oates & Brindamour. Soderstrom has one of the lowest Save %'s (predictably so), but he's at .674%. If he were at league norm of .699%, you'd have a GA of 4.35 instead of 4.63. This would be better but still in the bottom of the league for GAA, so I wouldn't highlight it as the "cause".

So, you probably need to cut down on the 1-2 ratio of shots taken vs shots given up to start. I think that comes from not having one big piece like Hull style slapper or a Courtnall speed type to run around, and not feeling comfortable w/ your team. That's a pass-pass-pass & pass some more style team that Minpind would cream over!

Speaking of minny...

Need him, Chaos & Donny to complete the set.

Be around late tonight & late Sunday & late Monday. If you need earlier, try to find me on Wednesday.

I'd like to finish my Blitz games before Classic starts.

Blitz has some subtle changes to it from Classic, that can take a minute to get used to, and vice versa.

The goalie is the biggest. Switching time is shorter & they are beefed up, minus Roy & Eddy. The weight bug fix also means the game is slightly slower since the rink is filled w/ heavier guys.

Your team looks solid, Iafrate, Chelios, Hawerchuk, Oates & Brindamour. Soderstrom has one of the lowest Save %'s (predictably so), but he's at .674%. If he were at league norm of .699%, you'd have a GA of 4.35 instead of 4.63. This would be better but still in the bottom of the league for GAA, so I wouldn't highlight it as the "cause".

So, you probably need to cut down on the 1-2 ratio of shots taken vs shots given up to start. I think that comes from not having one big piece like Hull style slapper or a Courtnall speed type to run around, and not feeling comfortable w/ your team. That's a pass-pass-pass & pass some more style team that Minpind would cream over!

So you suggest more puck control? That would also help to limit the amount of fast breaks my team gives up. I'll try it, can't hurt. I also need to just play more....hard to find time with a baby at home lol

• 2 weeks later...

That crappy night Probob swept me 4 games is really starting to haunt me right now.

After 40 games played, Sicarius leads the league w/ 53 points. Congrats on a strong season to date. Probob & I are both at 36 games played. I'm sitting w/ 51 points & he's at 50.5. I've got Minny & Donny left and he's got Minny & Chaos.

Donny has the highest wining percentage of the guys with lower games played, so he still has a chance to end up w/ more points as well, and Minny or Fritzo would need a crazy undefeated type run, but 50 plus points is NOT out of reach. They would need of course to play their games :)

SO, come on Donny. I've been searching all the cracks I know to find ya. Had 2 in TDL (turned into DNP's), got 4 here & now 3 in Classic. I'll be on tonight after 10:30 pm Central, and probably late Friday night (around 11-12 pm type thing). I got a fever, and the only cure is more Donny-bell.

amazing how tight things are at the top. i was sitting pretty at 22-4 at one point, donny comes in and beats me 3 in a row, and suddenly there's a log jam. the competition in this lg has been outstanding.

Best Blitz I can remember, & all because the competition is so tight & exciting. Guys motivated to play & everyone enjoying it.

Should serve as a lesson to anyone who thinks leagues where one or two dominate is good for the community. Brilliant season & totally unpredictable playoffs still to come!

Me & Skeletor have uploaded the same game. The 3-2 Philly game was the 2nd we played but he uploaded it first. Then I uploaded the same 2nd game. Can you delete one off please Chaos so I can upload the correct game. Thanks

Bure has caught Dino in points with 108 at the top of the league with 2 extra games left. Hull and Sandstrom will be joining the party shortly.

Dino has finished the season on 114 points, so Bure needs 7 from his last 4 games to pass him. Sandy & Hull will definitely be doing so but still delighted with my star mans contribution.

Me & Skeletor have uploaded the same game. The 3-2 Philly game was the 2nd we played but he uploaded it first. Then I uploaded the same 2nd game. Can you delete one off please Chaos so I can upload the correct game. Thanks

I'll take care of this tomorrow afternoon. Send me the correct save state to my email please.

4 great games w/ Donny & me this morning.

3 OT's, the last one ending in a tie.

Game 1, he knocked out Hull in 2nd period. I score a goal w/ 3 secs left to send it into OT, and Donny prevails on an Esa break away, 3-2.

Game 2, he knocks out Hull in the 1st period. I pull out the OT winner this time, winning 3-2.

Game 3, Hull goes hully, stays upright the whole game avoiding Donny's goons, and scores 5, and I win 5-2.

Game 4, Defense prevails, a 1-1 tie game, including an overtime dominated by great goal tending on Donny's end, stopping Hull, not 1, not 2, but three times on break aways, to preserve the 1-1 tie.

That's quite a series. Donny had 5 shots, 8 shots, 9 shots & 5 shots in those games, so he did a great job of making them count, as my goons made it difficult to carry the puck close to the net.

Great games Donny. I really enjoyed that series. Good luck the rest of your way.

Hull is going to need to change his last letter in his name from a L to a K, and get all green mad on Minny if he wants to grab a scoring title after getting knocked out 3 times in the last 7 I've played (Chaos popped his head off too!) He needs 10 goals in 4 games IF I can find the Minny man to play them. Also, IF Fitzo gets his 44 games in or at least 35 games at his pace, he probably takes the goal's title, leaving Dino, Hull or Bure fighting over silver & bronze scraps.

Sounds like Hull's mentality is questionable when the pressure's on. Nobody gets taken out 3 times in 7 games. Guy's bottling it. Lol

I'll take care of this tomorrow afternoon. Send me the correct save state to my email please.

Did u get my email with the states? I see it still hasn't been changed

Brutus & Hull absolutely choke the living crap out of that season ending, losing the last 4 to Minpind.

His goons beat up my goons, to sum up up bluntly. I couldn't get any mojo going around the net against Cujo.

Messier & Stevens > than McSorley & Hatcher in that department.

Good series Minny, hope you are pounding Probob as I type this.

Great finish to the season! Bure now tops the scoring charts with Hull 2nd. Dino sits 3rd although he is the top goalscorer at this point.

Unbelievable how close it is at the top in Blitz B. Pressure on Sicarius in his final games & Donny, Min & Fitzo still have a chance if they can put big runs together. J&J also putting himslef in contention for the last playoff place which is equally impressive.

Again, best Blitz I can remember

Yeah the Devils are on an 8 game win streak and looking to sneak into the playoffs. Super Mario finally woke up and is showing why he was the first pick in draft. Need Min, Chaos and Donny to finish season up.