NHL'94 Forums

Hi, I'm new. Here's my deal. test?

JackVandal

Hey fellow NHL 94 enthusiasts,
I can't believe I found this place. I've been playing 94 for close to two decades now, and I thought I might be the only one....

I am trembling with excitement at the prospect of netplay, however, I'm a mac user and that seems to come with its set of obstacles. I realize that in order to participate in any leagues I will have to either find a PC or use the windows-boot method, but right now I really just want to play online with someone and give it a test.

Here are my specs, maybe someone with experience can help me.

Macbook pro running OS X 10.8.5

Using Hamachi LogMeIn

I have multiple Sega emulators

Generator
KEGA

Wondering if there is a mac snes emulator that supports netplay?

Has anyone had success using GENS with a mac? I would prefer to play the genesis version, but I would gladly use snes if thats all I can get using a mac in the netplay dept.

Any help or even just a hello would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

This community is amazing, you'll love playing people online. The people vary greatly here in skill and background as well. I would suggest getting a cheap pc though, with windows xp**** (windows 7 doesn't run the game as smoothly (but I as well as some others use it so it's alright) and windows 8 is all problems 94 wise).

I love new member excitement :D

Welcome. I agree with Tomkabs. Great to see a lot of excited noobs leading up to this Classic. Hope a lot of you stick around & become dedicated community members.

Hope your Gens connection issues work out OK. As Tomkabs said, a cheap PC for a couple of hundred dollars is all you need so no great outlay.

Good luck this season!

Thanks guys, I actually seemed to have gotten gens woking on my mac by using the playonmac method, however, I still need to test it. if anyone is around right now my AIM sn is: sallystormcloud

• 1 month later...

JackVandal is a solid dude. he is actually a very good player considering hes brand new to playing online. ive played a number of games with him and theyve been pretty close and vggs. at first he was playing on wifi but he quickly learned that it causes lag and he went out and bought an ethernet cable. he seems like a very dedicated player and an overall nice guy. im hear to vouch for his connection and dedication. welcome aboard mate!

JackVandal is a solid dude. he is actually a very good player considering hes brand new to playing online. ive played a number of games with him and theyve been pretty close and vggs. at first he was playing on wifi but he quickly learned that it causes lag and he went out and bought an ethernet cable. he seems like a very dedicated player and an overall nice guy. im hear to vouch for his connection and dedication. welcome aboard mate!

Agreed! Get this guy in a league!