NHL'94 Forums

Fall'14 GENS Team Selection Draft

kingraph

Via AIM: Clockwise takes PIT

Where are you BARDOWNBEAR????

Chomping at the bit to see who I get to pick so I can get to play A LOT of exi's with them, tick tock!

I know Robitaille and sicarius are allready illegal in 45 states, but i'm gonna let the authorities deal with that one. I'm gonna have some fun with klima and pick edm

Hahahah

I thought you were taking LA. Philly was my 2nd choice. I like both teams though

All that practice with Quebec for nothing lol.

I'll go with the team I just can't seem to score with lately, my boys in blue the NY RANGERS

I'll take Washington.....only because I live in MD as a FLYERS fan (JVC just stole my boys right before i picked;)) and hate the caps!!

post-7473-0-25372900-1412868994_thumb.jp

I would like to change to Pittsburgh, instead of Hartford if thats possible?

CHI should be banned in these tournaments, even if you have the upperhand against an opponent that is not as good as you. He just gets the puck to Roenick and its good night.

Edited by MrSandman

I would like to change to Pittsburgh, instead of Hartford if thats possible?

CHI should be banned in these tournaments, even if you have the upperhand against an opponent that is not as good as you. He just gets the puck to Roenick and its good night.

Pittsburgh it is.

You can say the same about Yzerman, Bure, Mogilny, etc. Roenick is the best player out there, but Chicago doesn't have many good F after that. Larmer?

Learn to b-check or CB check (he's 4 weight) him down. ;)

Pittsburgh it is.

You can say the same about Yzerman, Bure, Mogilny, etc. Roenick is the best player out there, but Chicago doesn't have many good F after that. Larmer?

Learn to b-check or CB check (he's 4 weight) him down. ;)

Roenick is awesome & Belfour in goal also gives them an edge at the other end, but many would argue Detroit are a far more dangerous team with Yzerman flanked by Dino & Fedorov, and a great bugger in Dallas Drake. Clearly their forward line is head & shoulders above any other team in the game. Add Lidstrom & Coffey on D & a serviceable goalie & you have far more weapons than Chicago.

Like King says, at least vs CHI you know where the main threat is coming from!

Many coaches don't fancy picking Chicago for exactly that reason, leaning more to towards the better balanced power teams of Detroit, Buffalo, Vancouver & even Montreal who despite the lack of a real super star could be considered the best weight bug team?

Roenick is awesome & Belfour in goal also gives them an edge at the other end, but many would argue Detroit are a far more dangerous team with Yzerman flanked by Dino & Fedorov, and a great bugger in Dallas Drake. Clearly their forward line is head & shoulders above any other team in the game. Add Lidstrom & Coffey on D & a serviceable goalie & you have far more weapons than Chicago.

Like King says, at least vs CHI you know where the main threat is coming from!

Many coaches don't fancy picking Chicago for exactly that reason, leaning more to towards the better balanced power teams of Detroit, Buffalo, Vancouver & even Montreal who despite the lack of a real super star could be considered the best weight bug team?

Personally I feel 1 superstar with 2 average/sub-par forwards is better than 3 decent F's. So I'd still consider Roenick/Larmer/Ruutu or Murphy better than any line combo you can put in MTL.

And yes, DET F's are insane. I think among elite coaches, Detroit is the most dangerous team as the advantage Belfour gives you over Cheveldae is negligible (if any). However, the vast majority of games have average-very good coaches and Roy/Belfour make a big difference there. It's why Chicago remains the "best" team in a general sense.