NHL'94 Forums

UPDATED 2015 ROM

skip

Read this page:

http://nhl94.com/html/editing/edit_iso_music.php

Apparently, there are 79 tracks on the CD, and the first track is the iso game data.

So maybe try replacing the standard SegaCD's first track with your iso, and see what happens?

That way all the other tracks will be there, and maybe Fusion will open it..

Also maybe try using a different emulatorl, like Gens.

Edited by NHL94PC

I don't have a google account and am not interested in opening one.

Is there any other way you can post the .iso?

How big is it?

Thanks.

Also this may have just been a waste of time, since I was searching and found this, on this page:

http://www.racketboy.com/retro/faq-can-you-play-genesis-roms-on-sega

Jaime

June 26, 2008 at 4:10 pm

so basically…..you just cant copy the files of a rom (lets say,
sonic the hedgehog) to a CD? and be able to run it on the real SEGA CD
hardware

racketboy
June 26, 2008 at 4:13 pm

That’s correct — you cannot do that…

Edited by NHL94PC

Well I guess we tried huh? Some people said that Sonic Megamix works like that but is the only game to do so.

As for the iso, I'm not sure of a way to post it easily because the forums doesn't support uploads of .iso files.

Edited by GrannyLand

Well I guess we tried huh? Some people said that Sonic Megamix works like that but is the only game to do so.

As for the iso, I'm not sure of a way to post it easily because the forums doesn't support uploads of .iso files.

Yes, we gave it a try, and it appears that it is not possible to do. I appreciate your help and time.

I guess the only way to do it, is to know where the corresponding offsets in the .iso file are to the .bin file, so data can be copied and pasted from .bin to .iso.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for creating this. I miss clockwise's updates, but this lessens the hurt. It's great to see someone is still doing this.

I did find that overall the ratings are too heavy in favor of shot power. I did a roster dump to excel, find and replace, and bumped everyone down by 1 pt, except Weber and Chara, and I bumped their accuracy down 1 each to offset. I find the game plays better now, not as easy to just stop between the dots and blow slapshots by the goalies. I also made some changes to my favorite team the Rangers, namely boosting Krieders speed (he's a 4 in this version, changed to a 6 he's one of the fastest guys in the league) and knocked Stepan down as he isn't nearly that good.

Also, I don't like the greatly reduced speed burst...I believe the original value is 7020 on that hex, this rom has it at 7017..I make it 7019. At 7017 big slow guys again become huge liabilities bordering on weight bug levels...it's much harder to check anyone and almost impossible to stop breakaways from happening with bigger defensemen. 7019 is a good compromise.

Anyway Skip thanks again. Anyone interested in my mods I will post the rom.

• 1 month later...

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for creating this. I miss clockwise's updates, but this lessens the hurt. It's great to see someone is still doing this.

I did find that overall the ratings are too heavy in favor of shot power. I did a roster dump to excel, find and replace, and bumped everyone down by 1 pt, except Weber and Chara, and I bumped their accuracy down 1 each to offset. I find the game plays better now, not as easy to just stop between the dots and blow slapshots by the goalies. I also made some changes to my favorite team the Rangers, namely boosting Krieders speed (he's a 4 in this version, changed to a 6 he's one of the fastest guys in the league) and knocked Stepan down as he isn't nearly that good.

Also, I don't like the greatly reduced speed burst...I believe the original value is 7020 on that hex, this rom has it at 7017..I make it 7019. At 7017 big slow guys again become huge liabilities bordering on weight bug levels...it's much harder to check anyone and almost impossible to stop breakaways from happening with bigger defensemen. 7019 is a good compromise.

Anyway Skip thanks again. Anyone interested in my mods I will post the rom.

Hey, thanks! But I didn't alter the speed burst on anything gameplay-wise. Only the weight bug fix on my end. Anything else was already done prior to my edits. I think you'll be happy with the finished product this time around.

• 4 weeks later...