NHL'94 Forums

NHL15PC (NHL95PC Conversion)

goodbyeccha

So I've begun working on a complete NHL15 conversion of NHL95PC. I just started a few days ago and I hope to have it done by the end of the year. I thought I would post some updates as I progress through the mod.

I currently have the graphics about 98% complete for two teams, Anaheim and Boston.

Here is the first release. We'll call it version 1.0

Please let me know of any issues you may find. I would like to release at least one more version before the end of the season to fix any bugs that are found.

I am not open to changing lines or updating rosters. But if you find a misspelling or a blatantly wrong attribute I would be willing to fix that in a future release.

Enjoy :)

Version 1.1 includes the SRLOGO.qfs file and KIBA's rink selection tool.

NHL15PC 12-30-2014.zip

NHL15PC 1-10-2015.zip

Edited by goodbyeccha
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Maybe make a bat-file to select specific rink when to start game? Do you have plans to make 2 different versions so you can include all NHL teams on those 2 versions or are you going to left some teams out?

I want to be able to play and sim seasons. So I am only going to make 1 version. I will have to cut 4 teams and I will pick 2 of them to fill the All-Star teams slots. The teams that don't make the top-26 will be Minnesota, Columbus, Nashville, and Phoenix/Arizona.

I had the same idea of creating a bat-file to automate the rink selection. But I've never actually written one. So I need to do some research on that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes. I plan on creating two sets of rosters. One that is a direct dump from NHL15 (both games rate players from 0-100). And one that scales the player attributes from NHL15 to reflect the broader range of player attributes in NHL95. People can edit them as they see fit from there.

Minnesota and Nashville team graphics are complete. They will replace the all-star teams so they will not be playable in season or playoff mode. Columbus and Arizona will not be in the conversion (although I do plan on putting the better players from those two teams in the free agents portion of the rosters so they will be playable by adding them to existing teams).

Graphics for all teams are now complete. Full attention to rosters now.

post-5259-0-11191600-1418609145_thumb.pn

post-5259-0-78659300-1418609149_thumb.pn

post-5259-0-70174100-1418609154_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

Good work goodbyeccha! I just wrote a bat-file for a rink selection. Check it and if you approve, you may attach it to your original NHL15 package. Just place it on same folder where HOCKEY.EXE is.

rinkselect.zip

Edited by Kiba

Good work goodbyeccha! I just wrote a bat-file for a rink selection. Check it and if you approve, you may attach it to your original NHL15 package. Just place it on same folder where HOCKEY.EXE is.

This works great! I will be including it in any future releases. Thanks Kiba!

Loving the mod so far but noticed some issues:

Buffalo-Nic Deslauriers listed as a defenseman, he's actually a LW. It's a mistake on EA's part.

Buffalo-Edit lines numbers aren't visible

Calgary-Johnny Gaudreau now wears #13

Calgary-Edit lines numbers aren't visible

Detroit-Edit lines numbers aren't visible

NY Islanders-Nikolay Kulemin now wears #86

Pittsburgh-Edit lines numbers aren't visible

Vancouver-Linden Vey now wears #7

Also, just a suggestion but I like the idea of a midseason version with proper all-star teams (once the teams have been decided). Maybe drop the bottom team from each division out of the game (right now Carolina, Edmonton, Buffalo, Minnesota) and move Detroit into the Northeast.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about the jersey numbers in the line editor screen. When the crest logo is imported all of the colors are allocated automatically and I have spent hours trying to figure out the pattern with which it uses to select the colors on the jersey in the line editor screen. Sometimes they are readable and sometimes they are not. If somebody else wants to give it a try it would be appreciated.

This conversion is solid. As soon as I came across this last week, I got good ol' nhl95pc reinstalled. I used to do some light mods to this game back in the 90s but its been a long time. I'm going to do some digging and see what I can do about upgrading the interface a bit more.

You did a fantastic job on the different rinks too. I haven't gone very deep into the game's artwork yet, but could you modify the center ice crests so that you don't have to change the rinks? or is this an image size issue (those crests are obviously a lot smaller)?

**EDIT** Foget that. I see why that was a stupid question. Regardless, great mod. I'll keep digging into this and see if there is anything I can do to help.

Edited by geterindia