NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 2nd deadline

LA Robbie

Hey all,

Frey has asked me to help out with Blitz B in terms of just monitoring games played etc. Since B has been extremely active so far minus Chaos it basically means i'm not doing much at all. Honoury title really.

Today we are at the 2nd deadline, which means everyone needs to have played 16 games by the end of the night. As you can see from the link this is not really an issue in B:

http://nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=22&sublg=GENS-B

I just have 2 games to play with Skeletor to complete my 44 game season, while Sicarius has played 40 & Probob has 36 games played. Brutus is well above the deadline with 32 GP as well as Labs_66 (28), Jer (26) & J&J & Fitzo have played 24. Donnybrook is also well on course now after a slow start with 20 GP. Minpind & Skeletor sit 2 short of the deadline on 14 GP.

The B league is demonstrating superb enthusiasm for the league, proving once again that Blitz is the "Olympics" of the '94 community. Brilliant job again to the guys in B.

The only issue has been Chaos' failure to get games in, having currently only played 4. What can you tell us about your availability before the next deadline Chaos?

Stories during the past 2 weeks? Well Tampa Bay & Ottawa have gone clear at the top of the standings. Sicarius currently sits at the summit with TB but Probob has 4 games in hand to leapfrog him before playoff time. Detroit sit 3rd but have fallen off the pace a little. Their 24-16-2 record might only be good enough for one of the last 2 or 3 spots in the playoffs, which demonstrates the level this season.

Brutus with St. Louis is still a title contender if he can win his games in hand & Fitzo & Donnybrook will be there or thereabouts at the end too i'm sure. MInpind still has to find his form but everyone knows he's a threat too.

In terms of players Detroit's own Dino Ciccarelli has almost completed an amazxing season, in which he's proven himself to be in the elite category. As I mentioned last time out he had a 1.800 PPG average after 16 games. Now after 42 games he has 108 points, including 87 goals having gone through the past 26 games at virtually 3.000 PPG. He's been a real superstar of the B league & i'm quite proud of the fact he's become my first ever Blitz 100 point player. I haven't been known as a big scorer in the past but in my 4th season i've manged to find a guy to truly dominate games.

Dino's achievements look set to be eclipsed by Fitzo's Tomas Sandstrom at Quebec though. Sandy has been unstoppable, posting 74 points in 24 games, including 64 goals. His astonishing 3.083 PPG has been helped along by 11 points (10 goals) vs Jer's Toronto http://nhl94online.com/html/box_score.php?gameid=16703 which beat Dino's 9 point game vs Brutus & St. Louis, and he's also had a couple of 7 point games too! Fitzo definitely the most free scoring coach in the B league this season.

Pierre Turgeon is another player piling up the points after a slow start. After 20 games for Boston he sits on 53 points, whilst Pat LaFontaine has racked up 99 points in 40 games for Tampa Bay. Pavel Bure at Ottawa is up there too with 91 points after 36 games. The stars are certainly shining in this season's B league.

So they were 2 more eventful weeks in this exciting B season. Lets keep it going!

On a different note I see Dcicon & Zalex have shown up this weekend. Hopefully that means new activity in the A league, but if necessary there are several coaches who've almost finished up in B with strong records ready to step up & help out.

Edited by LA Robbie

give me blitz tm replace those A lg slackassbums.

Well Frey needs to do that, but i'm guessing Swos or Eggink could be replaced right now. No sign of them at all

I apologize for being AWOL for the past couple of weeks. I've been unable to connect through gens, so I did a reinstall of Windows, but that didn't seem to help. I'm visiting my family for Thanksgiving, but will be online later in the week to try again.

LA Robbie - I think that your inbox is full. Can you pm me to arrange the two games that we need to play?

Dino (4th in scoring) gets a paragraph, Brett Hull (2nd in scoring) not even mentioned?

Yikes

Haha. I forgot about Hull! Thing is ur talkin about PPG. I was talkin about a guy that has just about finished. As it stands Dino is #1 in scoring until Hull has played more

Great news, the mighty Kingraph figured out my problem. Apparently if you reinstall gens, you need to open the rom at least once before it will work with netplay. I will be around for my games most nights now. PM me if you want to arrange a time.

Great news, the mighty Kingraph figured out my problem. Apparently if you reinstall gens, you need to open the rom at least once before it will work with netplay. I will be around for my games most nights now. PM me if you want to arrange a time.

Awesome. I will be on tonight before heading off for a few days away