NHL'94 Forums

Is NHL 2002 fun to play?

Billy loves NHL, and he loves games, too. But he's never heard of NHL2002 before. He's not so sure about it.

YeDaqVr.jpg

Some of the NHL games he didn't like at all.

Maybe it's not worth the tiBilly doesn't know ****. It's a great game, just look at some of these exciting features:

Super polygon graphics

prEbUpT.jpg

Secret hidden characters, like Waynerio Lemieuzky!

2P9MqEq.jpg

Fighting

QfCT3pQ.jpg

Darth Maul

lBauA7W.jpg

All you need is:

Computer

This old game will run on a potato. You don't need a GTX Titan to play.

tpClWqK.jpg

Controllers (to move your body freely)

psdeluxepadzz.jpgYlO44em.jpg

Monitor

Billy can't tag for ****.

weSLkES.jpg

Wow.

LuBe8Dj.jpg

How does it work? Just

Download: NHL2002.zip (539 MB)

open the .zip file, and drop the NHL2002 folder into your C:\ directory. Launch NHL2002.exe. It should run without installing.

You can play online with hamachi, and even run tournaments through the GUI, in NHL2002.

Hilarious! Don't forget the wonderful "create a player"-function, where you can import a photo of yourself. (Although this particular pic is from NHL 2001)

nhl2001_5.jpg

Edited by Fitzo

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the games where the momentum meter was visible and gave extra visual effects. I did not like the reward system how you gain momentum in this, but hated 2001 even more. :P

Gonna write my history of PC Hockey right here.

1994 NHL Hockey, where it all began for me. Hundreds and hundreds of 1on1 games on the same computer with my friends. This is a bit different from Gens'94 as it's based on NHL'93 from Sega (no manual goalie, a bit different pass shots), but gameplay and experience is exactly the same.

1995 Great, but rather 94.

1996 Great game on PC version. A bit slow tempo, but felt realistic and could score multiple ways.

1997 Impossible to D well. You could wobble left-right and never hit with the D on the opponent offence. Best players are guys like Probert who just shrug off opponents and round the goal holding your shot button down, the goalie will stay at short angle and easy wind up to the net). Also it was dial-up only as online.

1998 Great game for multiplayer and multiple variety of goals you could score. Problem was client-server multiplayer that gave the host an advantage.

1999 I liked this a lot, had a large variety goals you could score with. Few annoying abuses though.

2000 Last great hockey game by EA not being nextgen. Simpson-Laus D for Florida was great!

2001 Ruined my momentum imo

2002 Ruined by momentum imo

2003 Hard to remember, propably had problems with multiplayer if I recall right, making for uneven connections

2004 Can only score with a few abuse goals that go in on All-star level, good engine, but game gets boring due this.

2005 Meh

2006 Meh (I think this had a bug you could score from the blueline right from the boards relatively easily)

2007 This was prolly the last PC EA NHL Hockey game there was, after this I had to buy xbox and fell in love with 6on6 hockey and quit playing 1on1 hockey, untill came back for 1on1 hockey for NHL'94 on this site early 2014 (plus some of the random tournaments in Finland for NHL'94 in between). :)

2001-2006 we played relatively active in Finland with Gens & NHL94 too. After that just random tournaments mostly or small leagues. Never had huge leagues like here, but 8-13 competitors were regular.

^

Summary, to me no other hockey game surpasses NHL'94 as a 1on1 hockey experience. :) (C64 Hattrick maybe)

Edited by Depch

Holy s**t this was my fav game in highschool

We would run this every lunch hour and ran leagues.

Such a glitchy game on PSX. My favourite was giving a concussion/head injury sometimes through the glass and the guy would just instantly pop back up and start skating around like nothing happened.

And the sound FX were amazing.

• 3 weeks later...