NHL'94 Forums

GENS A - Wittgenstein takes over HFD

kingraph

Really.... Really.....

We played two periods of a game in which you were winning 8-2 and I think you were up 3-0 within 90 seconds. I had 2 shots on goal and had the puck maybe 30 seconds. As I told you in our conversation last night obviously that is not enjoyable for me and didn't want to play the rest of our games that night. I even told you I didn't want to quit and would have no issues playing the other members of the league. I see no reason to do this except to remind everyone that you have some kind of authority here....

Furthermore, having two giant leagues of A and B is a bad idea every time it's been around. 10-12 team leagues are the best because skill level is very similar. If I were a team like Detroit and you were LA that would be a better matchup than you with New Jersey and me with Hartford as those teams are similar in skill level yet you are so much better than me it's scary.

#powertrip

you should never quit in the middle of a league game just because youre losing, that to me seems childish like take my ball and go home. if you have a problem with how the leagues setup then dont play.. dont deicide in the middle of a game your losing all of a sudden its a flawed system.

Edited by donnybrook

I can attest how mentally frustrating it can be to have to go up against the top top guys, especially when they seem to have that fire in their bellies that night, and you can just smell that 12-1 beat down. It's hard to take some nights.

Dicion has clearly stated he doesn't like playing the top tier games, and always opted for B in the past. The irony then is he pummels some lower B guy into the same experience he was trying to avoid.

Also, in fairness to Dicion, we were NOT told the format until after we had committed. HOWEVER, if you were going to QUIT, the time would be before you selected your team and knew you'd have to play Raph w/ Hartford, NOT after you selected them, joined the league, played 2/3rd's a game.

That said, quitting a league game to me is terms for removal. It's something only the bottom feeders do/have done. On that, it's hard to defend a guy.

Really.... Really.....

We played two periods of a game in which you were winning 8-2 and I think you were up 3-0 within 90 seconds. I had 2 shots on goal and had the puck maybe 30 seconds. As I told you in our conversation last night obviously that is not enjoyable for me and didn't want to play the rest of our games that night. I even told you I didn't want to quit and would have no issues playing the other members of the league. I see no reason to do this except to remind everyone that you have some kind of authority here....

Furthermore, having two giant leagues of A and B is a bad idea every time it's been around. 10-12 team leagues are the best because skill level is very similar. If I were a team like Detroit and you were LA that would be a better matchup than you with New Jersey and me with Hartford as those teams are similar in skill level yet you are so much better than me it's scary.

You have been a whiner and complainer since day 1. I think the format this year is the best it's been in a long time, just because you have no reassurance that you will beat every opponent by 6+ goals every game you think its a bad format. Dcicon has won 3 maybe 4 Gens "B" league titties, er I mean titles and you are complaining about losing 8-2?? Really??? Really!

Maybe it is time to start challenging yourself and playing up to your true potential rather then continuing to beat on coaches who are not as skilled. OR just stop signing up for leagues you know YOU wont enjoy. Which sounds like almost every league you don't enjoy based on the amount of games you have played (zero).

Dcicon replaced in GDL.

Dcicon replaced in Classic.

Coming soon:

Dcicon replaced in Blitz.

#getsome #manup #getapair

Edited by kupuck19

Also consent this one. It's expected that there would be more losses on the way, not just against Kingraph (possibly even with larger numbers) and if this is verified that it's a pattern, then it's the right move. And I'm also basing this to my first experiences of dcicon when I started in Blitz 8 to play the NA games. First comments _during_ the game via esc were "you score the gayest goals". I would not want that to happen any of the new guys. Older guys and veterans of the game can deal with that but not to the new guys. We can make this community big by making the experience enjoyable for a larger lot. And I'm not saying dcicon is a bad person or anything, just that some people are very competitive and the situation can be too much for some to bear when taking a beating, but learning temper and patience is important for personal development and interacting with people in general. In this case it doesn't look good.

This especially in Classic when there are so many new people around, this league needs to represent the sportsmanship of the game as the flagship league (gains more interest outside of the most active guys, is played with defaults we all know of. Skillwise it's propably GDL as we have some coaches who only play with original physics (turning myself to that way too) and a case can be made for Blitz with it's A/B separation making A the most competitive). We've got 2 big leagues full of people and almost everyone has started playing. Large leagues gain more interest. Classic has never been bigger and we don't need to turn new people away from having a bad experience.

Edited by Depch

I said this in another thread and I'll say it again here;

By signing up for "A" league you are basically signing a waiver that states "I will not complain if I get smashed". You have to keep in mind that you're playing the best players IN THE WORLD at this game. I truly believe that the top "A" level players could beat anyone else on earth. The only way to improve is by playing the great players. If you get stomped, so what? Learn from it and get better. Complaining, quitting, and insulting other players shouldn't be tolerated, period. I understand how rage-inducing it can be when you're getting outplayed or catching tough breaks, it happens to everyone, but you have to keep it together and not let it boil over into bad sportsmanship.

You all better watch out for Depeche Mode, he's got STL looking like a powerhouse this season.

Bah, that's only because you took WSH! ;) And it is a bit inflated because of not all top coaches participating. The team draft system vs skill is great but I can see why some might not like it and skipped it due that but that's their loss. =)

Let's make spring classic 2015 even bigger. We have 38 coaches participating in Gens classic alone, that's huge!

Edited by Depch

we dont need this kinda of player around. his attitude is "if im not winning, im not playing". thats not fair to anybody who plays him, or who he chooses to play i should say. i think this is grounds enough to ban him from blitz and all upcoming leagues in the foreseeable future.

Haha. Dcicon does love his B league titles. He has absolutely no complaints about them. LOL

This season's format is purely because there are no longer enough A players to fill a league. Lets not kid ourselves about that. Even with the team draft system it still results in guys getting smashed up, but Dcicon would have been in A anyway. He's a lower level A player & that's what he doesn't like. He showed last Blitz he's above B level but he'd rather play there & do the smashing rather than getting smashed.

Only criticism id have of this season's format is that there are some guys in the A section (basically guys who have played a league before) who are not ready for the level, as shown by their records. Would have been much better for them to have been in B & have the chance to compete for a championship maybe.

Last point: I am one of the worst for complaining after a defeat, & I do believe the game momentum is a regular deciding factor between 2 evenly matched players, but I promise I will not b***h to anyone from now on after losing. & you can quote me on that :-)

Don't be too hard on yourself Robbie, you might whine a bit now and then but you always complete your games no matter how frustrated you are. "Gretzkyonacold is writing..." after a won game is a part of the fun when facing you! ;)

Don't be too hard on yourself Robbie, you might whine a bit now and then but you always complete your games no matter how frustrated you are. "Gretzkyonacold is writing..." after a won game is a part of the fun when facing you! ;)

:lol:

Robbie is part of the "Spring'11" class (me, ProBob, & eggink are the other remaining actives) that I have a soft spot for. I also wait in anticipation for the "Gretzkyonacold is typing..." AIM message after each game. While it can be is always whiny, it's never evil or malicious. He may get on my nerves, and I'll take fun shots at him ( B) ) but I always have respect for him. I think it's great to have guys like Robbie around who love playing the game, write boastful paragraphs about themselves and/or Dino Ciccarelli, help run leagues, play their games, communicate, and just add fun to the community. We're all better for it. :red_heart:

:lol:

Robbie is part of the "Spring'11" class (me, ProBob, & eggink are the other remaining actives) that I have a soft spot for. I also wait in anticipation for the "Gretzkyonacold is typing..." AIM message after each game. While it can be is always whiny, it's never evil or malicious. He may get on my nerves, and I'll take fun shots at him ( B) ) but I always have respect for him. I think it's great to have guys like Robbie around who love playing the game, write boastful paragraphs about themselves and/or Dino Ciccarelli, help run leagues, play their games, communicate, and just add fun to the community. We're all better for it. :red_heart:

"Iceguy" can replace "Robbie" in this post and no one would know the difference.

Bah, that's only because you took WSH! ;) And it is a bit inflated because of not all top coaches participating. The team draft system vs skill is great but I can see why some might not like it and skipped it due that but that's their loss. =)

Let's make spring classic 2015 even bigger. We have 38 coaches participating in Gens classic alone, that's huge!

Wash and STL are about even, you are playing to your teams' strengths and I wasn't playing up to my potential. I can't blame it on my team. You outplayed me plain and simple. If I don't effectively exploit those sluggish STL D-men then I don't deserve to win. I just wished Bondra knew beforehand it was not my net he was supposed to crash in OT.

I disliked the way the draft was crafted initially, but it makes sense and now I'm loving the challenge of having to play really hard and smart every game.

Edited by Uncle Seth

"Iceguy" can replace "Robbie" in this post and no one would know the difference.

Totally was thinking the same thing, tho I enjoyed iceGuys rages.

Most memorable quote: 'You wouldn't care if I was blown to red mist'