NHL'94 Forums

NHL' 94 Dream Team Tourney

donnybrook

Hey All! Im running a quick little tourney for the more active players. Just looking for 8 players, maybe less maybe more depending on interest.

HOW IT WORKS: The premise of the tournament is quite simple.. you start with 6F4D all at 0 for every attribute then you are given 35 attribute points per player do with as you see fit, the players are your choice, anyone at all.. could be booby orr or genghis khan it dont matter the name, just the attributes.

the 35 points go toward everything except Weight. As far as weight goes you will be given 80 weight points for your WHOLE roster. the rosters will include 6 Forwards 4 D-men and 2 goaltenders. All goalies will be rated perfect unless you want yours rated otherwise.

PLAYOFF FORMAT: The format is Double elimination, if you dont know how double elimination works there will be an empty bracket at the end of this post to give you an idea. Each series will be a best of 3 in the interest of time. Lastly, the scheduling will be set up with specific times to play your opponent. meaning you and your opponent work out a time to play and if one doesnt show up that coach will forfeit that series. If your opponent doesnt show up you need to make sure you contact me somehow or check in on the forums to prove you were around. If both Coaches fail to appear they will be given 1 chance to re-schedule and if they fail to appear the second time a warrant will be issued for they arres.. i mean both will be DQ'd.

GAMES SETTINGS: The rom will be Weight fixed and have the y-button goalie hack. periods will be 5mins, with no offsides and no line changes. I am undecided about the C/B check fix. feel free to provide your input on weather on not it should be included. Tie games will be decided but a 99min OT.

So, thats it! If youre intrested post your AIM screenname below along with what team from the classic rom you want. And, please only sign up if you can 100% commit, it shouldnt take alot of time but it will not work well if we have a bunch of slackass bums.

Any help, ideas or questions will be greatly appreciated. So lets get it rockin! Sign up below!!

ROSTERS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fsOb5ag8G-g0qF4srFJtGHv5PHBYdz0qe2tFWJGcA0k/edit#gid=317150770

1.Donnybrook94 - Boston Bruins

2.Brutus.khan - San Jose Sharks

3.LABS_66 - Pittsburgh Penguins

4.kingraph - New York Rangers

5.Depch - Vancouver Canucks

6.Freydey32 - Montreal Canadiens

7. fromdacradle2dagrave@yahoo.com - Chicago Blackhawks

8. kupucknhl94 - Anaheim Ducks

BACKUPS: Lupz27

Jer_33

Dream_Team_Bracket13.png

Edited by donnybrook

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So u make up the stats for each of ur players or u draft the classic players based on the limits u have?

you make a player and choose the attributes you want for each one individual to have. so yes, you make up the stats, and their names.

if my explanation doesnt help (it rarley does) maybe this spreedsheet jer_33 made might

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fsOb5ag8G-g0qF4srFJtGHv5PHBYdz0qe2tFWJGcA0k/edit#gid=2075662629

we most likely will be using this as a sort of draft page

Edited by donnybrook

Very nice. I misread and thought it was 45 points per TEAM, not per player. Per player means everyone will be maxed out on the main attributes, unless I'm thinking about it wrong?

theres a total of 72 available points not counting weight. because endurance and aggressiveness will for the most part be 0'ed out for most people i think it give us a good chance to see if those attributes actually have an inpact in a game. but ya you can still have a good amount of maxed out stats but i personally think thats fun and also the reason the goalies will be maxed out.

Edited by donnybrook

I read this post completely wrong.

I thought you were adding 45 points ONTO existing players of your choice. And existing weight was being used. So, I was taking the heavy Penguins & looking forward to using Caufield. That said, if we are all gonna have 100 weight points and 45 points per player, existing weight & skill is irrelevant. Might as well change teams to something different.

I'll switch my choice to the Sharks.

I read this post completely wrong.

I thought you were adding 45 points ONTO existing players of your choice. And existing weight was being used. So, I was taking the heavy Penguins & looking forward to using Caufield. That said, if we are all gonna have 100 weight points and 45 points per player, existing weight & skill is irrelevant. Might as well change teams to something different.

I'll switch my choice to the Sharks.

noted

? about the 45 points.

Looking at the google doc Jer has created (I changed my name to the Sharks on that sheet), I took the time to make a quick team of 45 points.

It requires 0 points on some attributes. Is this even possible in the editor (I can't check, at work)?

But, he lists these attributes as being ones you put points on.

AGILITY, SPEED, OFA, DFA, SHP, CHK, STH, SHA, Roughness, PASS, Aggression.

So, if I can't do 0, do I have to have Roughness count towards the 45 points?

? about the 45 points.

Looking at the google doc Jer has created (I changed my name to the Sharks on that sheet), I took the time to make a quick team of 45 points.

It requires 0 points on some attributes. Is this even possible in the editor (I can't check, at work)?

But, he lists these attributes as being ones you put points on.

AGILITY, SPEED, OFA, DFA, SHP, CHK, STH, SHA, Roughness, PASS, Aggression.

So, if I can't do 0, do I have to have Roughness count towards the 45 points?

you have to keep the 0's on the H/F, thats just for the handedness, and youd just have 0 for the endurance because with line changes off it makes no sense to waste stats on endurance. and yes you can put 0's in nose

I personally don't like Blitz physics much, but if it has the CB fix (even though I'm beginning to like it as a depth thing in defaults), maybe it would have a different feel to it and for that I could give it a go for this tournament.

You can make some wicked players with this. I would be up for it with Vancouver. :)

Edited by Depch

I personally don't like Blitz physics much, but if it has the CB fix (even though I'm beginning to like it as a depth thing in defaults), maybe it would have a different feel to it and for that I could give it a go for this tournament.

You can make some wicked players with this. I would be up for it with Vancouver. :)

im making it from the blitz rom yes, but i tend to think its gonna play a lot different than blitz does. added!

i think it should use the BC check fix because we never used it officially anywhere and let's be honnest, BC check bug is really for fags anyways

My team is based on a 2005 league team when we played a 12 people NHL94 Finnish fantasy league. We didn't have unique attributes that you could change yourself, but we had the same team template for everyone to use. If we can change the jerseys and such I'd like my team to be taken from this rom and have those jerseys. Team was Kallion Snatchers.

Fantasy.bin

Edited by Depch

i think it should use the BC check fix because we never used it officially anywhere and let's be honnest, BC check bug is really for fags anyways

team is set, love this idea cant wait to get started.

I vote b+c check fix too.

the rom will have the c/b check fix

I'll play

Blackhawks, please.

Nice list of bassists, Raph.

you got it bud.

My team is based on a 2005 league team when we played a 12 people NHL94 Finnish fantasy league. We didn't have unique attributes that you could change yourself, but we had the same team template for everyone to use. If we can change the jerseys and such I'd like my team to be taken from this rom and have those jerseys. Team was Kallion Snatchers.

attachicon.gifFantasy.bin

absolutely, i encourage if anybody wants to edit the uniforms of their teams to make a rom and ill copy it off it.

Are we allowed to put 0 in categories? 1 minimum would that be better? Ga?

edit: maximus statisticus

Edited by Freydey