NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 09 B league playoffs

LA Robbie

Updated after checking Blitz rules (See post below). Am I right that my win % puts me above Donny in the seedings? That's how it reads. EDIT: Rules say points % not win %. Donny has 1 more point so obviously has a better pts %. Post updated.

This is how I see the Blitz B playoff matchups. Let me know if i'm mistaken.

1. ProBob (Ottawa) 60.5 pts

2. Sicarius (Tampa Bay) 59.5 pts

3. Minpind (Edmonton) 59 pts

4. Brutus (St. Louis) 56 pts

5. Fitzo (Quebec) 52 pts 52 pts

6. Donnybrook (Boston) 50 pts

7. Gretzkyonacold (Detroit) 49 pts

8. Skeletor (Philadelphia) 30.5 pts

------------------------------------------------------

9. Jack&jose (New Jersey) 30 pts

10. Chaos (Calgary) 32 pts -4 DNP = 24 pts

11. Jer_33 (Toronto) 20.5 pts

12. Labs66 (Pittsburgh) 17 pts -6 DNP = 5 pts

So therefore the playoffs look like this:

1. Ottawa vs 8. Philadelphia

2. Tampa Bay vs 7. Detroit

3. Edmonton vs 6. Boston

4. St. Louis vs 5. Quebec

Good luck calling those matchups! Amazing B season continues with probably the most unpredictable playoffs in history!

Can Freydey just confirm the DNP calculations are correct & can Chaos let us know when the site will be ready to play/post the series.

GLHF everyone!

Edited by LA Robbie

Just heard from KIng that my calculations are not correct cos it's done differently in Blitz. Also looks like Chaos' points still get him in, so sorry Skeletor.

Will check the Blitz specific rules shortly & update the post

Direct from the Blitz rules:

"Playoffs

In each league ("A", "B", etc), the top 8 teams make the playoffs. The series are 1st vs 8th, etc. The teams are re-seeded after each round so the strongest team plays the weakest team.

The higher ranked team gets to choose if they want Home ice advantage or Away ice advantage (if they think they play better that way).

Making the playoffs is based on the number of points accumulated throughout the season, minus DNP penalties.
Seeding, however, is based on Points Percentage (points divided by games played. no DNP penalties involved). The reason seeding is based on Pts% is that if I were to reduce someone's seeding based on DNPs, then their opponent would have to face a tougher opponent than they should have to.

Tiebreakers: As on the NHL standings page. Overtime wins counts as wins. I have one modification, though: instead of goal differential (GF-GA), goal ratio (GF/GA) is used."

Therefore Chaos misses out due to DNPs. Skeletor is in, but Fitzo stays 5th in the seedings. Will update the original post

Updated. Pretty sure its all correct now. These are the playoff matchups:

3. Edmonton vs 6. Boston

See if any of these last minute Classic/Blitz calculations change the playoff formats for me.

Right now I'm set to play Donny & Donny.

It's you & Fitzo. You have home ice

I'm confused. Is it me or Chaos in the last spot? I'm fine with letting him in, as he did win more games. There are plenty of leagues going on now anyways...

According to the rules you have the 8th seed spot. He got more points but lost points through DNPs.

According to the rules you have the 8th seed spot. He got more points but lost points through DNPs.

Ok, this post below confused me. I'll assume that I'm in, unless someone corrects me.

Just heard from KIng that my calculations are not correct cos it's done differently in Blitz. Also looks like Chaos' points still get him in, so sorry Skeletor.

Will check the Blitz specific rules shortly & update the post

Wait for Frey. A needs to be done too you know.

As we said, we can play the games & upload when A gets finished & the site is set up. B shouldn't have to wait for A. Most of us finished our seasons a long time ago & would like to get straight into playoffs rather than wait another 2 weeks or however long it is that A has left

As we said, we can play the games & upload when A gets finished & the site is set up. B shouldn't have to wait for A. Most of us finished our seasons a long time ago & would like to get straight into playoffs rather than wait another 2 weeks or however long it is that A has left

tumblr_mp5vs0eJjA1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

Updated. Pretty sure its all correct now. These are the playoff matchups:

3. Edmonton vs 6. Boston

yup, this seems pretty right, thanks for making those!

This is the last week-end for A leaguers to get their games in, so i will post an official playoff thread on sunday night. Meanwhile you guys can play right away, just KEEP THOSE SAVES GAS,

here's the rom: Blitz94_Season_09abv2_PLAYOFF.bin

Any update on the 2 outstanding qtr finals?

Probob & Skeletor are 1-1 & are regularly playing. Min & Donny - You guys got anything scheduled?

nothing set in stone, but TDL major is over. Classic is done (for me). GDL draft going on,Donny's Tourney, and 2on2 winter classic (me and donny on the same team) It will happen soon for sure.

Edited by minpind

Probob, Skeletor. Min, Donny. When are you guys playing? We are now 10 days from Christmas & A have finished their season.

Can you let us know which days you guys have scheduled to play your series please. Thanks

Probob, Skeletor. Min, Donny. When are you guys playing? We are now 10 days from Christmas & A have finished their season.

Can you let us know which days you guys have scheduled to play your series please. Thanks

BUMP!

Any news on when you'll be playing guys?

3338768-tyrone-bigs-meme-generator-say-w

OOOh the irony here. I was laughing when I saw the Plabax announcement cause I knew that meant A finished before B.

In fairness, B lost it's "steam", it's "mojo", its Blitz frenzy after the long delay between season ending and playoffs starting.

I'd have bet if B was able to start fairly close to its season ending, the playoffs would have been completed by now.

BUT STILL....I can only imagine the 10 paragraphed page dissertation from the Canadian Mexican on this one.