NHL'94 Forums

TDL Elite S2 Stanley Cup Playoffs

kupuck19

I do apologize greatly for that.....we could just never hook up and my new work schedule conflicted.

I didn't mean it to sound like you guys were responsible, I'm really the one who should be taking the blame. I should have handed out FFs long ago, but I will admit with all the replacements and deadline extensions in TDL-E I really tuned out after I posted the playoff rom.

I was hoping an 8 man "A" lg would work out, but it was clear that there was too much of a skill gap between the top 4 and bottom 4 coaches of the league. I'm not too confident that if TDL-E continued next season, it would be any better.

I like the recent idea of A/B/C brought up in Blitz, in S3 we may just drop the A and do B/C lg's. There are a few coaches who have remained at the bottom of the TDL-M standings the past 2 seasons who could play a division down in S3, sign ups will be much more open to fill up another division. I also think it's fair to say that the coaches who are the runner up/champ of every season in a "B" lg, like Brutus pointed out, is not necessarily a signature mark that the coach is ready to hang with the community's top 5 coaches.

I'm not against the idea of continuing TDL-E at roll-call, but it will take interest from some very skilled and committed buds to sign up to keep it alive.

Edited by kupuck19

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely think the talent gap in Elite (especially after Frey and Plabax dropped) caused interest to drop off a bit.

It's a great concept, too bad not many guys embrace the full on rules.

I didn't mean it to sound like you guys were responsible, I'm really the one who should be taking the blame. I should have handed out FFs long ago, but I will admit with all the replacements and deadline extensions in TDL-E I really tuned out after I posted the playoff rom.

I was hoping an 8 man "A" lg would work out, but it was clear that there was too much of a skill gap between the top 4 and bottom 4 coaches of the league. I'm not too confident that if TDL-E continued next season, it would be any better.

I like the recent idea of A/B/C brought up in Blitz, in S3 we may just drop the A and do B/C lg's. There are a few coaches who have remained at the bottom of the TDL-M standings the past 2 seasons who could play a division down in S3, sign ups will be much more open to fill up another division. I also think it's fair to say that the coaches who are the runner up/champ of every season in a "B" lg, like Brutus pointed out, is not necessarily a signature mark that the coach is ready to hang with the community's top 5 coaches.

I'm not against the idea of continuing TDL-E at roll-call, but it will take interest from some very skilled and committed buds to sign up to keep it alive.

I didn't take it that way and I wasn't trying to make you feel bad haha. I would love to still be in this league....my work schedule was just crazy around the holidays Edited by LABS_66

After a long season filled with replacement after replacement, delay after delay the TDL Elite season has finished.

Icestorm and the Blues took out KingRaph and the Flyers in a grueling 7 game series to capture the Season 2 TDL Elite Cup.

Thanks to KuPuck for creating and running the league. Hopefully we get more vets to sign up for Season 3. Full Rules (sans offsides) provides another version of the game unlike the speed/chaos of classic based ROMS. It becomes more of a strategic/thinkers type game. Also, adding a draft and mid season trading makes it unique than anything else we have going on in the community.

GGS

Congratulations IceStorm! Was indeed a grueling 7 game series, as it normally is when I play IceStorm! Oddly, most of the games had one team really controlling the play, with the exception of game 4. So it was total back and forth swings. Lots of fun!

I did enjoy the new format (7 minute, line changes, mid-season draft/trading). Thought it was fun and unique, definitely something different that I hope more people try. Sucks about the participation, but thanks for trying kupuck!