NHL'94 Forums

GDL XII Draft Order and Rules

IceStorm70

GDL XII High level information below:

Schedule and Divisions
1) Season will consist of 56 games per team
2) Each team will play teams in their division 4x's (2H and 2A) 3) Teams will play other division within their conference 2x's (1H/1A) and 2x's against each team in other conference (1H/1A)

Checkpoints
1) Season will be 8 weeks in duration.
2) Weekly checkpoints of 7 games
3) Teams will be replaced if they fail to keep up with multiple checkpoints. Will be at discretion of myself, Freydey and KingRaph. Ample warnings will be provided thru PM on site and AIM. If you do not have your PM's set up to email you, please do so.

Play your games and this won't be a concern

DNP Penalty:
Teams will have 4 points added to their season total for each game unplayed at the conclusion of the season for GDL XII draft order purposes.
Playoff teams will have 8 points added for each round won

Teams will have 2 points deducted from their season total at the conclusion of regular season in determining playoff teams.

Playoffs
Top 8 seeds in each conference will make the playoffs.
Each division winner will be seeded either 1 or 2. Divisional Tie breaker hierarchy
- Head to Head record
- Divisional record
- Goals scored in head to head comp

Conference Tie Breaker hierarchy
- Head to Head record
- Conference record
- Goals scored in head to head comp

Playoff Matchups -
1 v 8
2 v 7
3 v 6
4 v 5

Re-seeding will occur after each round - Finals home ice advantage will be set based on most points. If tied, tie breaker will be head to head record then total goals in head to head.

Website is now on www.NHL94online.com

Draft Order in this thread:
http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/16492-gdl-xii-draft-order-final/

DRAFT RULE - MISSED PICKS
At end of each round, the highest average draft position player will be assigned to coaches who missed their deadlines.
Order of picks too....F3, D3, 4F, 4D, 5F, 6F, 2G

Surprised to see CB-fix here. I'm totally fine with it though, leaving Classic league the pure vanilla league of the game and GDL previous draft adp:s are still valid as a general guideline. :)

Will have to adjust my draft list just a notch due this.

was I left out intentionally ?

Yesterday I messaged icestorm in aim at 10 am EST if I could still join and get my normal position in draft. I didn't get any reply. Now after I woke up I saw draft order being finalized.

Did anyone receive any messages from icestorm yesterday (sunday) after 10AM est ? If yes then it shows I have been ignored. I don't think I was though as I know icestorm and he wouldn't do something like that.

About rom hacks being used in GDL. I think GDL is the draft league for classic as it has always been because there is Blitz for the other.

Of course commissioner is free to change things how he wants, but I also think it should be a vote.

I didn't get a message from you Swos so definitely did not exclude you on purpose.

Hadn't seen or heard from you and you disappeared from Blitz league. Assumed you were gone.

I posted roll call on 11/12. If you want to work something out with one of the new guys and take their place that's fine.

FYI, after Blitz, Classic and TDL playoffs are done, I'm not starting any new leagues on the site for a week or 2. I need to make changes to the database and can't do it while leagues are running.

was I left out intentionally ?

Yesterday I messaged icestorm in aim at 10 am EST if I could still join and get my normal position in draft. I didn't get any reply. Now after I woke up I saw draft order being finalized.

Did anyone receive any messages from icestorm yesterday (sunday) after 10AM est ? If yes then it shows I have been ignored. I don't think I was though as I know icestorm and he wouldn't do something like that.

About rom hacks being used in GDL. I think GDL is the draft league for classic as it has always been because there is Blitz for the other.

Of course commissioner is free to change things how he wants, but I also think it should be a vote.

Shut up and go play NHL 15.

Wow lol that's nuts. Gdl and blitz are pretty much unanimously considered the two best leagues, you can't just change the rules just cuz you feel like it. Y g.c. has been voted on before as we all know, and the results are always mixed.

personally I just think y g.c. changes 94 for the worse, but that's a whole other argument. I 100% agree with swos that gdl is all about keeping it original, just with draft magic.

I just don't like to see the integrity of gdl getting diminished

No votes on Y hack or C/B fix, dictator IceStorm just laid out the rules.

A little surprised Y hack is included...as much as I like it, I wouldn't have voted for it in GDL.

C/B, I'm indifferent.

Not quite, consulted with several other coaches in addition to poll in Blitz. People do not like the CB hack

I would like to pass a vote too, i think i deserve 1st overall pick for my general awesomness

On a related note, I found that the Y button goalie control doesn't always "instantly" give you control of the goalie! I think if you get knocked down, or something, pressing Y doesn't get you the goalie right away. The delay is devastating if you were expecting to grab the goalie instantly. In that regard, I'm leaning towards with holding down B anyway with ROMs that have the hack.

I guess Depch, swos and I were not part of the "several"!

swos was ok with it out of blitz, swos has been MIA for several months and did not respond to roll call post on 11/12

Depch was not, Frey, Zalex and few others weighed in, especially during Blitz poll. You should remember that poll as you were the one person against removing the hack, plabax and swos who drafted with it in mind said it was fine to remove.

You're kinda ignoring the drama about y-button. Also, I don't think it's right to assume that people feel the same about blitz as they do gdl. By your thought process why don't we add weight fix to gdl too?

Cb is argument worthy, y button seems crazy to add in.

The two sides to cb are:

1. People too afraid to learn something new and adapt who hate it

2. People who aren't scared of it and like it, but agree to use the fake fix to keep baby city happy

Gdl is the best league ever don't ruin it making it like dumb blitz

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I agree with TK here (except Blitz is by far better than GDL). I remember the Blitz poll, but this is not Blitz (and please show me being the one person against fixing C/B....I remember saying I didn't care either way).

Again, I really don't care, I'm happy to play with whatever rules, but don't say you got some consensus to remove C/B and add Y button for GDL.

I really don't understand why there should be a debate about Y button. If you don't like it, don't use it?

ps: i never used it

ps2: true story

Edited by Freydey

I really don't understand why there should be a debate about Y button. If you don't like it, don't use it?

ps: i never used it

ps2: true story

So much of goal scoring in 94 is based on manual timing. Being able to manual instantly throws off the balance of goal scoring. Takes away the whole strategic element of forcing people to manual early with good scoring method threats.

I think saying people should just not use it if they don't like it doesn't make sense, because their opponents can still abuse it, still throwing things off.

Goalie delay is a beautiful thing, it makes manual an even greater art than it would be without it. You just like it cuz you're sohomo for blitz and it's stupid fast g.c.

Also raph, you only like blitz more because you're a C check whore ;)

I don't use the Y Button for GC. Never tried it as I have my timing down for B button

What exactly is your purpose on this thread TK?

looking for attention? pretty obvious