NHL'94 Forums

Fall 14 Gens B Playoffs

wallywojo

I thought it would be nice to have a preview of the pending series and writeups about all the series that take place in Gens B. All the players in B please feel free to add your thoughts.

East
----------------------------------------------------

Detroit (skip) vs. Toronto (mikey_mac94)

We have the Presidents trophy winner opening up the series against Toronto. Skip scored the second most goals in the league this season and mikey_mac94 gave up the second most in the conference. In their head to head matchups it was 3-1 for skip. The winner of every game was whoever had the advantage in the number of power plays. Will this continue? We shall see.

Montreal (skeletor) vs NY Rangers (Lupz27)

This matchup is between a veteran to Classic leagues and a newcomer. Skeletor lost in a 7 game series in the Gens B championships so after taking over Montreal he is looking to redeem himself from last year and win it all. In their matchups this season skeletor was 4-0 but Lupz27 kept all games close with an OT game as well. I have seen Lupz27 in looking for exis quite a lot so you can be sure he will be giving his all to block skeletors road to the championship.

Dallas (Darko) vs Boston (egorde)

This battle between the 4/5 seeds fits because their regular season records were that close at 23-17 and 21-17 respectively. Head to head Darko won all games this season but only one was decided by more than a goal. The interesting thing about this matchup is Darko had a negative goal differential but still put up a great record due to having a few outlier games on the road to strong teams like Skip, Millertime2325, and Zeppelin55.

Winnipeg (zeppelin55) vs NY Islanders (TexasPachyderm)

The number 2 and 3 finishers in the Patrick division face off for the fifth time this season. Head to head zeppelin55 won all the games including very strong wins on the road. TexasPachyderm will have a tough time containing the best offense this season in B with 218 GF but I am sure his extra games in the A league will help him close the gap come playoff time. Will the Islanders talent be enough to match the speed of the appropriately named Jets?

West
----------------------------------------------------

Vancouver (wwojo75) vs Pittsburgh (Jack Vandal)

In the opening round 1 vs 8 we have two teams that have played a lot of games together this season. Outside of league games the two have played a bunch of exis so nothing will be a surprise one would think. Head to head wwojo75 had three convincing wins but a fourth game that was hard fought including the Pens killing three power plays and keeping Bure off the scoreboard. In the end thats what this series will be about. Can Jack Vandal do something to slow down Bure with the slow ass Penguins?

Edmonton (jackandjose) vs Calgary (Culls17)

This is a matchup between two seasoned Classic coaches. In the regular season Jackandjose put up an excellent record and had the third fewest GAA in the league with Bill Ranford. Head to head the series was split one a piece, both of those being decided by only a goal. Having played both and exis with Jackandjose this will come down to two players. Can Culls17 do something to slow down Klima and will Fleury step up his performance and be the annhilator he can be for Culls17 after a subpar season?

Chicago (Millertime2325) vs Buffalo (jagr68)

The 3/6 matchup is all about a team with a superstar (It's not so much me as it is Roenick) against another superstar (Mogilny) with a bit better supporting cast. It also involves two excellent goalies. Buffalo, typically a higher pick, fell all the way to 6 for jagr68. By the percentages it looks like Millertime2325 should have this series but in my games against jagr68 it just seemed the breaks were not going his way.Head to head jagr68 had the advantage in this series 3-1 with 2 games going to OT. It should be an excellent series and don't be surprised if it goes seven.

Quebec (jer_33) vs LA (SoCalKing)

The 4/5 series should be interesting as jer_33, a classic veteran, takes on SoCalKing who finished 5th only due to DNPs. SoCalKing had the edge 3-1 in the regular season but all games were close with the exception of a big home win for LA. This matchup will come down to jer_33 being able to score since he had a lower GFA and SoCalKing had one of the best GAA in the league. I'd be willing to bet on this one but I don't think Gretzky wants to be involved in any further gambling situations.

Overall Season Thoughts

--------------------------------------------------------

Based on following the forum for years but not being an active player, I know that Gens B can have high turnover and low completion rates. This year seems to be an outlier as we had a 97% completion rate. However we did have seven coaching changes and it would have been interesting to see what those coaches would have done with teams of their choosing. What was great was the commitment people had during the last weekend of the season and their willingness to hang around for finishing games. If I may use the parlance of this site, just a great group of buds to play with this year and look forward to exis and facing off against you all in future seasons. I learned quite a bit playing with everyone and I believe Raph has stated before that even if there is a lobsided game its still better than playing the computer. So to everyone I say GG.

Edited by wallywojo

Great effort Wally putting some thought to putting these up. Gives some more feel of the players playing in B for us A-leaguers and I'm sure many will soon join the A leagues as well!

Edited by Depch

Round 1
Vancouver (wwojo75) vs Pittsburgh (Jack Vandal)
I know going into this series I was confident and I think Jack was not exactly thrilled with facing Vancouver. As I stated in the preview we both knew each others style so there should have been no surprises but what do we have here? I made a change to my starting lineup I used almost all season of Bure-Adams-Courtnall to Ronning-Bure-Courtnall after exis with Plabax and Sicarius Fulgur both telling me to use Ronning. My issues in the past with Ronning was he is not an excellent finisher. After practicing I finally figured out how to best use him. This changes my team defensively as Ronning is a stone-cold killer backchecking and makes for a very fast offense to counter with on turnovers. Jack used his same lineup of Jagr-Lemiuex-Mullen as he did in the regular season.

Game 1
The first game of the series was very tight and I can tell you my hands were sweating as my confidence coming in was rattled by going to OT and being a goal away from going down 0-1 at home. It was low scoring and the chances were limited. Both teams combined for only 18 shots. One of the difference makers this game was special teams. Each team had three penalties but Jack failed to convert and I was able to convert on two of them. During the regular season I had a pretty good penalty kill as well but it was a bad omen when Bure gets a tripping call off the opening faceoff with a B check and had two of my three penalties. In addition the typical bad ass Jagr had his usual 4 PIMs this game :|. Lemieux put up the first tally in the second with I believe a slapper and put in another late in the third to tie things up. For me it was Courtnall who would be the big contributor with a couple deke goals. Jack shut me out for two periods and really had his best positioning he had in any games we had played thus far. McClean had a couple big saves in OT and Bure netted the winner with a crease cut.
Pit at Van
2 - 3 (OT)

Game 2
I tried to calm down after that tight first game and play loose. I was able to after Ronning put up two goals with a deke and a cross crease pass one-timer within the first thirty seconds. Then it was all Bure. He put up the next six tallies and put the game out of reach and was 6/10 shooting for the night. Jagr put in a late deke to make sure he was noticed. The home crowd went home happy. One thing to note this game was that even though the score was in my favor Jack didn't give up a single breakaway.
Pit at Van
1 - 8

Game 3
Bringing it home Jack was hoping to bring it back to the play of game 1 but I had another early start with Bure getting a tally at 1 min into the first. Barrasso was of little help in this game giving up more shots than he saved. I recall that at one point after Lemieux picked up a hat trick, two of them on dekes, was this going to tilt and go Jack's way? He had the momentum and I was worried but within a minute Ronning used his speed and put the game away. The salt on the wound was the last goal with seven seconds left and Barrasso coughing up a puck to Bure in the crease and being that Tom vacated the net Pavel couldn't miss.
Van at Pit
9 - 3

Game 4
Going into this game both were feeling this could be it. Could the number one seed get the sweep or would Jack make his presence known. Jack's IM said it all:
"here we go, 4 in a row
lolz
:exciting: "
Not so fast. Jack had excellent positioning once again and both were scoreless through 1. In the second Lemieux scores at 1:29 and I think oh well. Then he scores again at 1:59 and I feel an oh crap I better hunker down. At 2:14 Bure puts in a goal and its a one goal game. Jack then puts in another with Mullen at 3:00 to make it a two goal game and I am sweating. Then Courtnall gets one back at 3:58 to make it a one goal game again and that ends the second with a lot of action. Jack gets it going again in the third with another Mullen goal at 1:49 and then a Lemieux one-timer at 2:13 and I am down three with about two and a half to go and that was essentially it. Great game by Jack. I was 0/3 on breakaways and he had some excellent manual saves.
Van at Pit
3 - 5

Game 5
Series is 3-1 going back to home ice for vancouver though it seems i have had a harder time scoring going up lately. Time to finish this up. Once again Jack is not having any of that. Lemieux scores on a one-timer at :45 in and then gets another on a slapper after a B check whiff at 2:38 and he is up 2-0 on the road. Ronning gets a late goal in the first and we finish Jack up a goal going into the second. Courtnall ties it up early in the second on a one-timer but thirty seconds later Lemieux is back again with another one-timer. Then its Mullen for two at 2:37 and 3:37 of the second and Jack is sitting pretty. I get it going late in the second with Bure on a deke at 4:36 and a heartbreaker one-timer from Courtnall at 5:00 of the second! Its a one goal game going into the third and Jack is fighting for his life up a goal. The action is really tight and I cant get anything going and starting to get frustrated. With time winding down and in a need of a goal I finally get a chance with Courtnall racing up the right side boards with a D man just beside him taking away the middle. I get a little angle and Courtnall finishes a pretty backhand deke near post to tie it up with eight seconds to go in regulation. I am feeling good as I am just a goal away in OT from finishing it up. Jack has to feel good because he is just a goal away from another win and making it a tight series. In OT Pit is having their way controlling the puck and 32 seconds in Lemieux buries another one timer. Gentleman and 0 ladies reading this forum we have a series!! A few notes about this game. Jack was 4/6 with his one-timers and won 73% of the faceoffs. They were really locked in and he was really controlling the puck and punishing me when I had it with 29 checks.I had only given up six goals twice this season (to SoCalKing and jer_33). Great offensive pressure from Jack.
Pit at Van
6 - 5 (OT)

Game 6
Coming off back to back wins Jack had the momentum as well as home ice for game 6. After the last games late goal to tie it up but early goal loss I was feeling pretty negative. I think whoever got things going early would really take this one. Ronning put up a tally early in the first and jagr was injured for the period. With Kevin Stevens stepping in he gets a one timer a little later to tie it up. After that Bure would get a deke to go up one and end the period. It would remain that way until the third period. Early in the third Bure gets another goal to make it 3-1 but 3:26 into the third Lemieux gets a slapper to go cutting it to one. About thirty seconds later Ronning responds and gets a deke to go backhand for the final goal of the series. This game had a gens crash on my in the second period and a desync late in the third. It was really great to be playing with Jack and he was cool about simulating the game back to the score and situation to finish it. I ended up benching Lumme and Lidster early in the third after continuing to rush up the ice and create opportunities and 4 early PIMs to give Jack a 5 on 3. Babych and diduck filled in nicely to lock down the win.

This was an excellent series and really fun to play against a good dude. I look forward to playing against Jack with a more equal team. In his words "Thank f**king god I can stop playing with the damn penguins." Bure had an amazing series and so did Lemieux considering hes a turtle.
Series numbers (approx due to desync with last game)
Van
-------------
Bure 15 4 19 48.4%
Courtnall 8 6 14 72.7%
Ronning 8 5 13 47%
Lidster 1 10 11 33%
McClean 2.83 GAA 17 GA 34 SV .667 sv%
PP% 83.3 PK% 77.8

Pit
-------------
Lemieux 13 2 15 50%
Mullen 5 5 10 55.6%
Jagr 1 4 5 6.3%
Stanton 0 3 3
Barrasso 4.83 GAA 29 GA 35 SV .547 sv%
PP% 22.2 PK% 16.7

Edited by wallywojo

Awesome job Wally! And GL to everyone still alive in the playoffs!

Quick recap of mine, and Skeletor series, Patrick Roy, and Skeletors amazing D was just way to good for the Rangers to match in a 4-1 series win for Montreal.

Tremendously fun series, and I was really glad I could make it a worthwhile one. Sweeps are boring, and the excitement of games 4, 5, and 6 were incredible. I locked my girlfriend out of our bedroom halfway through the second game, and I do believe it was the lineup change I needed to make it a series and not a sweep. Good luck to wally, hope you win it all!

Oh man we discussed some of this on AIM one day but my wife just shakes her head when she walks in or by my office and I'm playing games.

Choloform is a brilliant concept, Wally.

I don't think I can write a serious write up about the Jets sweep of the Islanders without sounding like a terrible person. Maybe round 2 against the Montreal I'll be able to write something that doesn't sound terrible.

P.S. Pretty sure I shouldn't even be posting about sounding like a terrible person - it sounds terrible.

Game 1

Started slow with the Canadiens mainly controlling the puck while a quick breakaway. The Jets committed a penalty early in the first period while Selanne brought the puck up Nummined slashed giving Montreal a power play. The Canadiens moved the puck well but eventually the puck found its way into Housley's sure handed stick and he moved up the ice scoring an unassisted short handed goal. In the second period Selanne found the back of the net but suddenly Zhamov charged sending him to the box. Another Housley shorthanded goal ensued giving the Jets the 3-0 advantage. The fourth period consisted of the jets mostly trying to defend its lead after Housley commited a cross check on the behing the net. The Jets killed the penalty but montreal scored twice and Sellane found the back of the net again.

Game 2

The Canadiens got on the board quickly but little could be done to stop the speedy duo of Housley and Sellanne as the Jets scored 5 unasnwered from then on out. Both teams struggled with scoring.

Game 3

Game 3 was almost the mirror image of of game 2. The Canadiens fought bouth after going down 2-0. In the second period the Jets had significant trouble clearing the puck into the attack zone and was outplayed by the Canadiens. Damphousse and Savard combined for all goals. Again the Jets had trouble finding the back of net. As well a poorly timed charge from Housley in the third gave the Canadiens a penalty shot. I can't quite figure out who scored and when it happened but the Canadiens player skated straight to the post and put a backhand by Essena in a move that would be repeated later in the series.

Game 4

Winnipeg got on the board quickly with an Zhamnov deke that came off a turnover in the middle of the ice. Shortly after Lebeau tied the game with a goal assited by Daigeault. Zhamnov striked again on a long pass from Essensa to put Winnipeg back up. Early in the second Zhamnov decided to trip a player only to be follwed during the powerplay by a charge from Selanne. Damphousse scored on a wrap around during the 5-3 action and the Jets killed the rest of the penalty. Both teams put many shots on the board specifically the Canadiens going 1-7 making the score 2-2 going into the decisive third. The Jets put on their skates ready to score in the third and the dangerous Zhamnov got it started quick off a quick faceoff turnover to put in the go ahead goal. Housley got the second face off and went down to make it 4-2. Housley put another one in a minute later, followed by Selanne both on manual goalie moves making the score 6-2 and leaving the Jets to protect their lead. Lebeau scored quickly off a face off and after pressing and leaving Savard open down ice on an assist from Roy the game was still up for grabs with 50 seconds left. A strong defensive showing kept the lead and the game ended 6-4.

Game 5 - Jets lead Canadiens 3-1

The best game of the series. Would the Jets close it out or would the Canadiens bring it to a game 6? After a very early hookinh penalty from Numminen the the Canadiens put a quick power play goal in a minute into the game and kept the pressure on all period with Essensa making 6 saves. The second period saw more action with another 6 saves from Essensa and another goal from the Canadiens. In the third, determined to make a game of it, the Jets went on the offsive after a Lebeau boarding/roughing call sent him to the box and Numminen out for the period. The Jets responded with a power play one timer accross the crease to Selanne. Housley minutes later skated up the ice to put a deke on Roy and tied the game up 2-2.

Just before the end of the period Olausson got called from Roughing going into overtime. The Jets won the opening faceoff and successfully killed the powerplay mostly from Housley skating around on his end of the ice but also more spectacular saves from Essensa. The Canadiens picked the puck up mid ice and Lebeau brought the puck down towards the post. Housley skates down and hits him hard enough from behind to get called for the penalty but no take him down. The Canadiens after the penalty was called put one of two shots on net, but then got taken to the penalty shot. In a repeat of the previous penalty shot Lebeau skates towards the backhand side and the pipe sneaking it past Essensa for the win.

Both goalies played well and both teams had several pipes on shots that looked like sure goals.

Game 6 Jets Lead 3-2

After an even first and second the Canadiens and the Jets were tied going into the third. With a minute to go and down 1 the Jets sprung into action taking Numminen down the ice and putting a deke in only to be followed by a faceoff win and go ahead goal from Housley. The series ended on a 6-5 Jets win.

Round 2

jer and I had split the regular season but I won by only a goal at home and he had a big 6-3 win on his ice. Would the home ice advantage make the difference and allow Vancouver to squeak by Quebec?

Game 1

jer uses the Sakic-Sundin-Kovalenko line and I opt for a different line than my opening series with Bure-Adams-Linden. The game has playoff atmosphere as open ice is limited and only 3 total shots happen in the first period. Bure gets the first goal of the series with a helper from Adams who has a busy period with two minors as well. During one of those PPs Sakic gets a slapper to go from the top of the faceoff circle, closer to the boards. I recall this one as I was letting him have it thinking no way he can score there and a second later the lamp is lit. In the second period I get a PP but do nothing with it and it goes to the third tied 1-1. 1:45 into the third Bure scores on a wrister and have a one goal lead in the third. Two minutes later Kovalenko gets a rebound goal and its tied late. More shooting this period than the previous two combined and its a back and forth struggle until 4:19 into the third Linden gets a backbreaking wrister for the winner and Van protects home ice for now. To note I think maybe the only game to date this year with not a single one-timer recorded for me. Great D for both of us and excellent goalie play from jer.

Que at Van

2 - 3

Game 2

The second game of the series starts out tight again but jer gets the early lead with a Sundin goal a minute in. Bure responds just before the end of the period and its tied 1-1. In the second jer again gets the scoring started with a Sundin one-timer from Sakic and then its Sundin again a minute later for a 3-1 lead. At 4 minutes into the second a rare Gusarov score on a backhand deke for a big lead ending the second 4-1. The pace picks up in the third but once again its Que with Sundin on another one-timer from Sakic for a 5-1 lead. I kept pushing the pace and getting opportunities but jer was closing the door with excellent goaltending. Van gets a couple late in the third but it ends with a dominating win for Quebec. Some interesting stats from this game to note. First was no breakaways for jer which was rare due to the speed difference for his team and zero penalties.

Que at Van

5 - 3

Game 3

Going into this game I am concerned because of the regular season home ice situation and now having lost a game at home. As my hometown Sox (awful) announcer Hawk would say "time to cinch it up and hunker down." Bure does not let me down and gets a one-timer from Linden at 1:22 and then a shorthanded wrister at 2:11 to jump up early on the road and get momentum back. Gusarov had the chainsaw out as he had three minors this game. At 1:42 in the second Adams gets a backhand floater on the PP and then at 3:17 Bure gets another one-timer from Linden to go and its 4-0 ending the second. Now its time for jer to get locked in and he gets a Sakic goal early and then a late one with :04 left on the clock to make the score a little closer. One stat I like that points out possession is checks and this game showed it with jer having 27 to my 8. I steal one back on the road and its 2-1 Van in the series.

Van at Que

4 - 2

Game 4

With the momentum going Van's way I again open the scoring with my favorite goal scored of the series. At 1:24 into the first Linden gets the puck below the goal line nearest the RW side, attempts going behind the net, but then spins back around immediately and with jer trying to beat me to the other post I get to tuck it in near post wide open. Thirty seconds late Sundin answers and ties it up with a one-timer. Two minutes later Sundin gets another goal on a slapper after a whiff poke-check on the PP. In the second there is a rare Lumme goal on a wrister and its then when jer makes a change and uses the Sakic-Kovalenko-Sundin line and it works as shortly after Kovalenko gets a one-timer on a pretty feed from Gusarov. The second period ends 3-2 Quebec and it looks like we are going to split games again going back to Van. Shortly into the third Greg Adams scores on a backhand floater ten seconds in and its tied up. Next goal is a big one and its all 228 pounds of Doug Lidster with a wrister for the go ahead goal at 1:19 into the third. Thirty seconds later Sundin scores on my favorite goal by jer of the series. I was controlling a D or F and pressuring the puck and he makes a move and I am out of position and Sundin is in alone on McClean. McClean makes the first save and gives up a rebound. He makes the second save and gives up a rebound. Still no other Van player is attempting to get involved and on the third try Sundin scores. Maybe I should have brought my guy back instead of flying up ice thinking McClean was going to control the puck and quickly send it up ice. Its tied 4-4 and thirty seconds later I get a breakaway with Bure and finally finish one for the game winner. This whole series jer had done an amazing job of shutting me down on breakaways and on my dekes.

Van at Que

5 - 4

Game 5

Going home to try and close out the series Van is now feeling confident. I finally got a couple dekes to go the last few games and could I keep it up or would jer have an answer? One minute into the first Greg Adams gets on the board with a one-timer with a nice pass from the boards by Lidster to the slot. On the PP Adams again scores with a backhander 3:42 into the first and that closes out that period 2-0. At 3:01 into the second Adams gets the hat trick with another one-timer from Linden. This would conclude the scoring as I tightened up my D and took very few chances surrendering only six shots all game. Interesting note is Semenov logged more minutes than Linden even though Semenov only gets on the ice during PKs.

Another great series that was played really tight. jer is one of the best I have played against to date at stopping your first move with the manual goalie and this really frustrated me throughout, especially early in the series. If you go at him in a robotic fashion using the standard dekes you approach the auto goalie good luck scoring. He is excellent at moving the puck immediately after gaining possession with the goalie. I told him afterwards I really had to adjust my playing style to have any success against him. I ended up not pressuring the passing angles near the goalie as he never made miscues with passing and had to be resigned to positional play after his players had the puck after that first pass. He really knows how to take advantage of those mistakes and can do it up or down from either side of the ice.

Series Numbers

Van

---------------------------------------------------------

Bure 9 0 9

Adams 5 3 8
Linden 2 3 5
Lumme 1 5 6
Lidster 1 2 3
PP 2/6 33.3% PK 66%
Que
---------------------------------------------------------
Sundin 7 0 7
Kovalenko 2 3 5
Sakic 3 3 6
Gusarov 1 4 5
Leschyshyn 0 3 3
PP 2/6 33.3% PK 66%

great wrap-up kyle. Can someone who plays you contain Housley? That will be the question.

He's hard to stop. Logically I think it's possible, but my heart says he and the Jets are just too hard to stop and will roll to hoist the cup. We've got to play the games though to get there.

He's hard to stop. Logically I think it's possible, but my heart says he and the Jets are just too hard to stop and will roll to hoist the cup. We've got to play the games though to get there.

You got the #1 seed in the Eastern conference up next in Detroit! That should be a sick series, looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

And on the Western Conference, we have a similar #1 (Vancouver) vs #3 (Chicago) matchup. Both teams have looked strong in the regular season and playoffs, so again, looking forward to seeing the results!

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the series last night. I am not going to do the full recap since we have video for the entire series that will eventually be up but wanted to comment on some details of the series. This one came down to what we thought it would. Kyle's offense vs. my defense. If he could get his breakaways or open ice and make his opportunities count he would have the edge. My plan was to not forecheck much in his zone because Van's D is suspect at best (I'll have a word about Lumme later). This would allow me to keep Housley and Selanne in front of me since chasing them is a bad spot to be in when you are left with only manual goalie to stop him. Through the early parts of the series I was able to bottle up the chances and played really solid manual goalie. When at home Kyle changed up his D a bit and sagged more with a forward to clog up the slot, thus not allow ronning and bure to do their usual dangling and make plays. His counters were improved in these games as well and on missed chances quickly pushed the puck the other way putting a lot of pressure on me. Going back home I settled in and had a few more opportunities. Game 6 I had Kyle on the ropes but he persevered and pulled out the win late. Using that momentum he put up a very strong game 7 and at home I couldn't make the most of the few chances I had.

I never played much with Vancouver before this classic season. In the playoffs I never used the same line from one series to the next so I kept tinkering trying to find the right blend for me. In the finals I went with Ronning - Bure - Linden to give me the speed to matchup with Winnipeg but also Linden to help defensively without losing too much speed. For my D pair I used Plavsic - Lumme as I was tired of Lidster getting unnecessary penalties at times that didnt make sense (like a breakaway he slashes someone behind the play). Thats OK because Lumme decided to take on that role.

Game 1 - Lumme :23 of 1st Cross Checking

Game 2 - Lumme 2:20 of 2nd Hooking

Game 3 - a miracle

Game 4 - Lumme 2:12 of 1st Cross Check

Game 5 - Lumme 3:44 of 2nd Cross Check

Game 6 and 7 - played nicely with others.

They are a different team than what I grew up playing with and that was Calgary. They have a lot of speed and that is their main weapon. I think they are probably at their best using the "sometimes your best defense is a good offense" style and I probably are not that skilled playing that way. I look forward to the next season of classic and learning another team.

Kyle really plays well with Winnipeg and I think his style matches the team, or he adjusts well to whatever team he uses. He really pushes the puck with Housley and lets him start the plays and I think that is when Winnipeg looks their strongest. We played twice in the regular season and went to 7 in the playoffs so this was a great matchup. in the regular season he won 3-2 in OT and I won 4-3 in OT. In the playoffs I had 28 goals to his 25 so its about as even as it could be.

I know little of the history as I was on the site around 2004 or so and did not come back until recently but it seems based on comments that we have a good crop of new B players and this should make for fun and competitive seasons beyond this one. Look forward to seeing you all so make sure to sign up for the spring classic. Until then see you in the exis or possibly some 2v2 jugars.

That looks like an amazing series, 7 gamers are always heart-pounding! Congratulations to you both, and to Kyle (Zeppelin55) for winning Classic B! You are both good players and I knew this was going to be a close one.

Thanks for sending me the krecs -- I will use them as a first test to stream via Twitch/Raidcall and have commentary. Since we already know the outcome, I may just do game 7.

Raph, the game 1 was the best. Just my opinion but I rewatched a couple games and it was my favorite.

Wally really played well. I was somewhat stumped by his defense in the regular season and it continued in game 1 and 2.

As well his offense came alive. He told me he didn't use the slap shot much. I tried to use this to my advantage but he quickly took advantage. Game 6 was a desyncing nightmare. We tried our best and his sportsmanship was commendable. We could have easily had a more contentious outcome.

Anyway thanks all for a lot of fun.

I am curious to see how this group performs next season. How much fluctuation will occur in the standings? It would be really interesting to see a full season and playoffs from players like SoCalKing and Millertime. You know that Jack Vandal is not going 9-29 next season. I am going to take a week vacation from NHL94 but then I'll be around for exis.

That looks like an amazing series, 7 gamers are always heart-pounding! Congratulations to you both, and to Kyle (Zeppelin55) for winning Classic B! You are both good players and I knew this was going to be a close one.

Thanks for sending me the krecs -- I will use them as a first test to stream via Twitch/Raidcall and have commentary. Since we already know the outcome, I may just do game 7.

What is twitch raidcall?

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv

This is the most popular website to watch live video game streams. I would want to stream a '94 replay, and do commentary w/ replays, etc.

Raidcall: http://www.raidcall.com/index.html

This is a free software where people can set up a group and chat online. I've seen this used in a different community and it's great. You can have a few guys watching the stream and commentating/talking as the game is broadcasting on Twitch.

I think that combination would be fun for '94.

• 3 weeks later...