NHL'94 Forums

GDl XII Poll - Y Button GC and CB Fix

IceStorm70

GDL XII Options  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should the following options be in GDL XII (Can select more than 1)

• Y-Button Fix: Allows player to use Y button to get goalie control
    • CB Check Fix- Prevents Fat guys from checking light guys using C and B button together
    • Neither of the above, I like having CB Check and B Goalie Control button

voted for bc fix.

I'm torn -- on the one hand, the knowledge of the CB check wasn't around for the first 10 GDLs. Plabax discovered it in GDL 11 and that was the first use of CB. So voting to fix CB in a way keeps GDL the way it was for years.

However, GDL has always been the classic ROM draft, so adding a hack takes away what GDL has been for years.

After quite a bit of deliberation (I really thought about this, lol), I voted neither (Y button wasn't even an option in my mind). I think keeping the core GDL (classic ROM draft league) wins me over here.

this is called progress. With you guys, the nhl would still be a hooking festival with 2 lines pass on.

this is called progress. With you guys, the nhl would still be a hooking festival with 2 lines pass on.

John Tortorella approves this message.

I voted for neither.

Blitz is the "fixed" rom to me.

GDL is just Classic w/ a draft.

Ditto. And changing the goalie control to Y button? That would be a major change for most people IMO. As for CB-checking, I'm a huge fan of it. I'm a purist though in general, I love the way classic feels and GDL just makes it more exciting because of the drafting. I don't really see the point in making changes to GDL (or Classic) because there are other leagues out there that already contain fixes, line changes and other alterations in game play/rules. I thought GDL was the "fix" to the idea that there are only so many good teams (several stacked) in classic and drafting balances the talented players out across the league. Edited by Uncle Seth

• 2 weeks later...

The people have spoken.

No changes.

This thread has been up for less than a day, not even a majority vote yet to keep things the same (11/24). I just now voted the other option, guess my vote doesn't count along with the 3 who voted for Y-Goalie and 8 that voted for CB fix (11/24 wanting changes).

lol

Edited by kupuck19

This thread has been up for less than a day, not even a majority vote yet to keep things the same (11/24). I just now voted the other option, guess my vote doesn't count along with the 3 who voted for Y-Goalie and 8 that voted for CB fix (11/24 wanting changes).

herpa derpa ku :P . I think this thread has been up for almost two weeks but kind of forgotten because of the draft.

Seems like most people drafted with cb in mind so would be weird to take it out right now anyways had it got the popular vote.

hahaha wow. I failed. sorry y'all. but this vote still was called to an end really quick, wish I had known about it. Can't even see who has voted, can't be sure non-league members decision played a role in the count at the top of the page.

Edited by kupuck19