NHL'94 Forums

Fall'14 GENS PLAYOFFS Schedule

kingraph

We generally like to give 1 week for each series to keep things moving along. Hoping everyone knocks this out by Monday, or gives an update. Anyone who goes completely MIA may risk FF.

Remaining Series...please update us on status or post your availability to play.

GENS A

Minpind (4) vs Fitzo (5)

Gretzkyonacold (3) vs Clockwise (6)

Jackandjose (2) vs ProBob (7) (I know J&J was out until today, thanks for the heads up)

Northway Native (4) vs Uncle Seth (5)

GENS B

Darko (4) vs egorde (5)

Jackandjose (2) vs Culls17 (7) (I know J&J was out until today, thanks for the heads up)

Jer_33 (4) vs SoCalKing (5)

Leggoooooo! :super_man: (and GLHF)

Well egorde and myself missed each other last weekend but i got him on his AIM

Hope to catch him this one.

Egorde i'm around all the weekend so give me your availability and i will be here!

Let's get our games in!!!

Bump - great job everyone.

GENS A - Northway is missing and holding up the series with Seth in A. NORTHWAY!!!

GENSB - Millertime (CHI) and Jagr (BUF) are going to game 5 with Chicago up 3-1. Hopefully you guys can finish this soon!

The other playoff matchups have been set for round 2, so you can start playing asap! I'm hoping 1 week is enough time again.

Brutus beats Seth in 7 games, moves on to finals vs Depch. You should NOT be surprised, he is a powerhouse with that team. He controlled the play most of the series and shut Seth's offense down. Seth has zero regrets or excuses, he tried everything and everything had an answer. Not to mention, Seth won game 1 with about 15 seconds left, but right before that, Ray Pork had all year on a wide open net (Bowprey was basicially in the corner almost), and R.B. hit the post from about 2 feet out. You have to be mentally strong to recover from that type of bad luck and go on to win a series.

Best of luck to both the guys in the cup finals. Wish you could stream it live, I'd pay to watch.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Thanks Seth. It was a great series. And yes, Game 1 is tied 2-2 but I'm controlling most of the 3rd period in terms of shots, checks, etc. Finally, after Beaupre makes a diving save w/ less than a minute, Ray Ray grabs the rebound & is standing in front of the net by himself, and takes his time, aims, and hits the post. Seth grabs the rebound off the post, dumps it down & scores w/ 15 secs left to win Game 1!

Real kick in the nuts, and w/ Captain Intensity (Seth), it's hard to lose Game 1 & bounce back.

Back & forth we went though, and it ended up going game 7.

Game 7 started w/ the gayest goal of the series and you could just see it was going to be one of those "instant wins" for Boston. All the bounces my way. It was a shutout till he pulled his goalie on a power play in the 3rd.

He's a solid bud to give me credit, cause A) He had Washington! & B) That game seemed rigged.

I'll take the victory.

Hope to bring the cup to the Americans :)

Congrats to Brutus. Regardless of luck he hardly has one of the power teams so making the A finals in a bracket with King & Seth is very impressive. Great tonsee a relative newcomer climbing the rankings along with Depch. Hopefully a great final series is in store. Dont forget to record!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ODDS TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP

St. Louis (Depch) : +300

New Jersey (kingraph) : +400

Washington (Uncle Seth) : +450

Boston (brutus) : +600

Los Angeles (Sicarius Fulgur) : +650

Quebec (Gretzkyonacold) : +800

Pittsburgh (clockwise) : +800

Edmonton (minpind) : +1000

Montreal (Fitzo) : +1100

Winnipeg (NorthwayNative) : +1250

NY Rangers (RoBro) : +2000

Toronto (skip) : +3000

Detroit (LABS_66) : +7500

Dallas (Jackandjose) : +10000

Buffalo (jer_33) : +10000

Hartford (TexasPachyderm) : +15000

While still an upset, as Seth said this shouldn't have been a complete surprise. I had Brutus pegged in the top 4, as his play, particularly with Boston was impressive in the regular season, and he finished 30-10! Brutus was a sliver away from the #1 seed as I finished with a slightly better division record.

Two of the great buds in the community, Brutus and Seth (Captain Intensity, lol), sounded like a great series. Ggs, and I hope to see Seth back next season!

The "A" finals are set - #1 Depch (STL) vs #3 Brutus (BOS).

RECORD THE FINALS AND DO NOT POST THE RESULTS UNTIL I PUT UP THE VIDEO THREADS! For geeks like me, I like to watch the action unfold in "real time" as can be, by hiding games 5-7 so you can watch game by game. Examples from last two Classics:

Fall'13 Finals Vids

Spring'13 Finals Vids

Thanks Raph & Robbie.

I need to make a correction about Game 7. I was just reviewing the box scores and jarred my memory (we had played over an hour of GDL after that series before posting).

Game 7, all knotted up at 3 a piece, and we just got done playing 3 games in a row that were not real close, especially Game 5 & 6, with Seth having crushed me 6-3 in Game 5, but then failing to close it out in Game 6 in Washington w/ a beat down by the Bruins 6-2, so I'm hoping for a great game 7, but worried it might not be close one way or the other.

The first period goes 0-0. Now that was intense. I'm thinking "HOLY SH&T BATMAN. We got ONE hell of a Game 7 to cap off this series, scoreless each in Game 7 of the first period. That's intense. Then, Bruins win the face off to start the second period, Oates on the RW does a dance, fails to avoid the incoming check, and "dumps it at the net from the blue line against the boards.....it softly lands on Beaupre's head, and trickles down his back side like the queer he is, and you could FEEL Seth/the Cap's life leave the building. Just one of those moments where you knew, OH YEAH, it's gonna be my game.

The rest of Game 7 was not much of a game, as Oates ran off a hat trick in the 2nd period alone, three straight, Seth got off only one shot that period, and by the time we got to the 3rd period, the series was already decided.

That's one of those "DOA" Homer moments when you wished you had recorded the game for preservation, along w/ Game 1's epic Ray Bourque choke. I can still see that dumb little pixel guy standing in front of the empty net!

As I'm watching the old replays of the games I notice people using the shortcut keys for changing frame skip (F2 to set it auto and F3 decrease & F4 increase)

Is there anything valid in there that people should know of? I have not done this myself. I know what it does in offline, but is there some effect to online as well?

As I'm watching the old replays of the games I notice people using the shortcut keys for changing frame skip (F2 to set it auto and F3 decrease & F4 increase)

Is there anything valid in there that people should know of? I have not done this myself. I know what it does in offline, but is there some effect to online as well?

I use this on replays when converting a movie to avi as it goes much faster. The cool thing is as the games are playing super fast, the video output is normal. I switch back to auto at the end of the game to do the game stats.

The only other time I use frame rate 0 is simming a game, most recently to map out the player substitutions.

• 2 weeks later...