NHL'94 Forums

Next League Starts....?

batbl18

Just wondering when the next planned league is. Summer, Fall, Winter? Also i've noticed that there is a waiting list to play currently, so maybe we can have two different leagues going on at the same time for the next time. Either you can have a veteran and a rookie league or you can just split into two. I know that i am one that is interested in joining an online league for the Genesis. Why you ask? Well because NHL 94 has gotten so many hours from me playing it and it still isn't old. Not only that I want to face some new competition, people that can play. Because currently besides a few random games I'm stuck playing versus the computer which has no difficulty setting. If there is no new league starting a new season soon then there should be some sort of section where everyone that wants to play NHL 94 is at. Because if there is a waiting list, I wouldn't mind playing some of them just to get some good competition. ;)

The league through this website will have a max of 40 Genesis and 40 Snes teams next season. Playoffs will be starting in about a week, so once playoffs are done.. I would guess a month or 2 to get things organized for next season.

Lots of guys have asked for 1 location of all online 94 player info. I'll get something together soon for that.

-Evan

• 3 weeks later...

I've started compliling the list of all online players, I'll have it up soon. Feel free to reply here with your info, though if you registered I probably have it. Also feel free to reply here if you DONT want your info up.

-Evan

I've started compliling the list of all online players, I'll have it up soon. Feel free to reply here with your info, though if you registered I probably have it. Also feel free to reply here if you DONT want your info up.

-Evan

I'm not sure if you have info from when I tried to register once before but if not here it is.

Your Name? Brent

Which Conference are you Joining? Genesis, if there are two probably the beginner league.

Teams for drafting? #1 Hartford by far, Toronto, Edmonton, Vancouver, Dallas, Quebec

Aim Screename? BATBL18 (my name here)

Your Email Address? batbl18@yahoo.com

Ever play in Organized League? Yes

Do you have high speed internet? Yes

Where do you live? Connecticut, Go Whalers! :blink:

Guest nhl92fan
Just wondering when the next planned league is. Summer, Fall, Winter? Also i've noticed that there is a waiting list to play currently, so maybe we can have two different leagues going on at the same time for the next time. Either you can have a veteran and a rookie league or you can just split into two. I know that i am one that is interested in joining an online league for the Genesis. Why you ask? Well because NHL 94 has gotten so many hours from me playing it and it still isn't old. Not only that I want to face some new competition, people that can play. Because currently besides a few random games I'm stuck playing versus the computer which has no difficulty setting. If there is no new league starting a new season soon then there should be some sort of section where everyone that wants to play NHL 94 is at. Because if there is a waiting list, I wouldn't mind playing some of them just to get some good competition. :blink:

I wish the next league started tomorrow I cant wait!

The league through this website will have a max of 40 Genesis and 40 Snes teams next season. Playoffs will be starting in about a week, so once playoffs are done.. I would guess a month or 2 to get things organized for next season.

Lots of guys have asked for 1 location of all online 94 player info. I'll get something together soon for that.

-Evan

40 teams? does this mean they will repeat? i vote for two leagues 20+ teams each (for each system). we could have relegation / promotion. there will be less blowouts, and newer players can focus on playing people with similar skill levels. (though most players here are really good). dont know if the maintenace of 2x the leagues will offset the benefits. but awol players will only affect half the people instead of all.

please keep us posted on the new plans, i know you cant please everybody, and its not a democracy. but it would be interesting to hear what other people say about the plans.

The good news is there will absolutely be up to 20 teams per level A and B. Level A will be the top players, and Level B will be the next level and rookie players.

There's no voting on that, it's happening.

Also, I am going to have the players vote on certain rules, so in that sense it will be a democracy. Stuff like trades, everyone having equal teams, penalties, offisides, etc.

As usual I'll keep everyone posted.

-Evan

The good news is there will absolutely be up to 20 teams per level A and B. Level A will be the top players, and Level B will be the next level and rookie players.

Also, I am going to have the players vote on certain rules, so in that sense it will be a democracy. Stuff like trades, everyone having equal teams, penalties, offisides, etc.

-Evan

kudos Evan you do a great job

-Evan

That all sounds fantastic!

I like the idea of religation, so the league sort of evens itself. Much better for competition.

Count me in for Group B :) (Just NOT with New Jersey again! :huh: )

• 1 month later...

This question is directed at Evan, but I imagine a few others could possibly answer it. When do we expect to get the Fall Gens season underway? And more importantly, how will the level A and level B tiers be constructed? I know I would expect myself to be in a level A tier, and I would not be happy if i were placed in level B.

Hey Matt,

You can expect next season to realistically start around September (Fall 2006 League).

And without question you'll be in the A Level. Btw, nice job on the last season. I will be picking who goes where in Gens, while Mat (Schwartz) will be helping with Snes. If certain guys would prefer A or B they can let me know. I will try to put people where they are comfortable.

-Evan

League will start September 2nd.

There will be a 40 game season to be played within 2 months of the start, instead of 3. Seems after 2 months, guys start to lose interest so the season will last 2 months, then playoffs will start.

The playoffs will end most likely around late November, early December. It will NOT linger into the Holidays.

-Evan