NHL'94 Forums

What attributes are we still unsure about?

Hey guys,

I'm planning on creating a rom that we can use to test the different player attributes that we still haven't figured out if they make a difference (ie: awareness). The rom will have 99 minute periods like the playoff one, and each team will be the same except for one attribute. Hopefully, by letting the computer play itself for 300 minute games, any differences that these attributes make will show up on the scoreboard.

I'd like to see if the awareness attributes change anything. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for me to include?

Sounds like a cool plan, you should record the game and post a link here. Might be fun to watch myself. ^_^

Actually can you record emulations? I wonder if it would lag too much.

Sure, I can upload. I know you can record the netplay stuff, but I'm not seeing an option for single player. I'll look into screen capture software.

Player awarenesses have been tested by a few and they seem to not work for positioning at all directly, but indirectly. It's reaction time to puck movement. Offensive awareness = team with puck and defensive awareness = team without puck. There is something in the player skills than tends to have some players position themselves closer to the net for example than others.

Joel Otto, Sergei Makarov for example have a very different set of attributes, but both are really good at wingers going to close to the net.