NHL'94 Forums

GDL XII Divisions

IceStorm70

If yall want it by location here you go... BooM!

-----------------------------

Western conference:

Northern Division (16)

Plabax 1.0 (Ont)

Freydey 1.0 (Que)

Houly 2.5 (Que)

BoKnows 3.0 (Penn)

Labs 4.0 (Penn)

Jer 4.5 (Ont)

Continental Division (20.5)

Brutus 2.5 (Ill)

Sicarius 2.5 (Miss)

Kupuck 3.0 (Cali)

Skeletor 4.0 (BC)

JJ 4.0 (Col)

Jagr 4.5 (Ill)

-----------------------------

Eastern conference:

Northeast Division (17)

Kingraph 1.5 (NY)

Icestorm 1.5 (NY)

Uncle Seth 2.0 (NY)

Lupz 4.0 (NY)

Tx 4.0 (NY)

JV 4.0 (Mass)

Trans-Atlantic Division (16.5)

Depch 1.5 (Euro)

Fitzo 2.0 (Euro)

Minpind 2.5 (Mass)

Donnybrook 2.5 (Mass)

Skip 4.0 (Mass)

Darko 4.0 (Euro)

----------------------------

This may seem odd, but I get the worst lag vs. Ice, despite us living in the same freakin city! Games halfway across the earth vs Swos or Depch are smoother. Any way one of us can be moved somewhere else? If it's me, I don't care where. Also, I'm in Raph's conference or division every single season of classic and GDL.

I'd like to get some games vs. people I haven't played much in league competition (due to divisions/conferences).

I'd love to get to play more games vs. Frey, Sicar, Fitzo, Houly, Donny, or Depch. Off the top of my head that's all I could think of. It's a strange request I know, and selfish but it doesn't have to do with balance b/c that stuff looks pretty even. I wanna spice things up & get excited about it. No offense to Raph & Ice. I'm not criticizing the division setup work all you guys are doing but personally I like to mix it up ONCE in a while.

If possible, please someone figure out something fair. Just a request. Ship me anywhere! I know I look like a selfish prick but I am. Hey doesn't the squeaky wheel get the grease?

Edited by Uncle Seth

I see and kind of like what Tx put up, but a couple of divisions are unbalanced. My #3 took locations and mixed skill, which guys say is more important anyways. I agree; we have plenty of time to schedule weekend battles if we cant match schedules during the week. Plus, location only matters for Europe and Pacific TZ, everyone else is close enough.

No need to base purely on location here, let's make sure the top 12 are equally split to give the other 12 a fair shake.

As far as location is concerned I don't see the issue, I am new, and don't know much about the communication part of the connections, but I do know that when I play Txpachy who I live about 40 miles from, and JV who is up in Mass I desynch almost every game, but when I play JJ, and Skeletor for example who live in central, or MT time zone areas I have zero issues.

Just figured I throw this out there.

I like option 3, as 2 has some inbalances in geographically. Like me (euro) with a guy from BC and Darko (euro) with one from California. I'm personally fine with all, but actually feel 3 is better overall. But options 2/3 are both ok.

just a weird thought after looking at the tiers King put together.

It might be a cool idea for some future league to give winners points based on the quality/tier of opponent.

For example, if a 1 tier beats a 5 tier they get 1pt. if a 5 tier beats a 1 tier they get 5 pts or something like that etc. If there was a way to properly assign tiers then sliding point scale would even things out a bit for regular season at least. just a weird off the wall thought

Ice, I love that idea.

I had that idea going into one of my original ideas for a league, but I never went anywhere with the idea because I started trying to get a tournament site set up, which I failed at!

But yeah, I think it definitely makes the challenge for standings more competitive, and even though the playoffs probably go the same, at least the regular season would have some new variables in it.

I argue that im at least a tier 2.75, and freydey is more like a tier 1.16

I can get behind that about you, and Bo too for that matter. But with the talk that's going on now (possible extra

points for beating people ranked better than

you)....it's better to be underrated, shhhhh!

We'll never all agree on a ratings of each other. It's perception mixed with stats and we play differently against different coaches, people improve without others being aware of it....or get worse/slump.

Edited by Uncle Seth

Well i'm a noob and i know it would be very tough for me to make the playoffs in this league.

But i prefer not make than make the playoffs because of i would have beaten 3 or 4 guys and get 5 pts!!!

Playing with all the best players of the game is the best way to improve your game!

And the day i would make the playoffs(if this day happens one day :) ) i can be proud of me because i will know it will be only by the work i did in my game!!!

but that's my opinion guys!!!

:grimace:

Well i'm a noob and i know it would be very tough for me to make the playoffs in this league.

But i prefer not make than make the playoffs because of i would have beaten 3 or 4 guys and get 5 pts!!!

Playing with all the best players of the game is the best way to improve your game!

And the day i would make the playoffs(if this day happens one day :) ) i can be proud of me because i will know it will be only by the work i did in my game!!!

but that's my opinion guys!!!

:grimace:

That's the spirit! Getting beat by people you think you deserve to lose to is a great feeling. And like you said, leveling up and overcoming your old bullies is an even greater feeling :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here were the division options. These 3 were everyone's favorites, both #2 and #3 based on location clusters and even-skill distribution. #1 was more of a location-only cluster.

OPTION #3

WESTERN CONF

Northern Division (MA, ONT, MO, NY)

1 - Plabax (ONT) - Nashville

2.5 - Sicarius (MO) - St. Louis

2.5 - Donnybrook (MA) - Tampa Bay

3 - Lupz (NY) - Winnipeg

4 - Skip (MA) - Minnesota

5 - Jer (ONT) - Toronto

Continental Division (NY, IL, CA, CO, BC)

1.5 - IceStorm (NY) - Edmonton

2 - UncleSeth (NY) - Los Angeles

2.5 - Brutus (IL) - Chicago

3 - Kupuck (CA) - Anaheim

4 - J&J (CO) - Colorado

4 - Skeletor (BC) - New Jersey

EASTERN CONF

Northeast Division (QUE, MA, PA, IL)

1 - Freyday (QUE) - Quebec

2.5 - Houly (QUE) - Montreal

2.5 - Minpind (MA) - Boston

3 - BoKnows (PA) - Hartford

4 - JackVandal (MA) - Hamilton

5 - Jagr (IL) - Buffalo

Trans-Atlantic Division (Europe, NY, PA)

1.5 - KingRaph (NY) - NY Rangers

1.5 - Depch (EURO) - Vancouver

2 - Fitzo (EURO) - California

4 - Labs (PA) - Pittsburgh

4 - Darko (EURO) - Detroit

4 - TexasPachy (NY) - NY Islanders

As much as I loved #2, I think this option will work better for scheduling purposes - especially for Europe and Central/Pacific timezoners.

OR

OPTION #2

EASTERN CONF

Northeast Div

2.5 - Brutus (ILL) - Chicago

5 - Jagr (ILL) - Buffalo

Atlantic Div

WESTERN CONF

Central Div

3 - Lupz (NY) - Winnipeg

5 - Jer (ONT) - Toronto

Pacific Div

4 - J&J (CO) - Colorado

OR

Option #1 (Depch)

Western conference:
Plabax 1.0 (Ont)
Freydey 1.0 (Que)
Brutus 2.5 (Ill)
Houly 2.5 (Que)
sicarius 2.5 (Miss)
Kupuck 3.0 (Cali)
BoKnows 3.0 (Penn)
Skeletor 4.0 (BC)
JJ 4.0 (Col)
Labs 4.0 (Penn)
Jagr 4.5 (Ill)
Jer 4.5 (Ont)
Eastern conference: (NY,MA,Europe)
Kingraph 1.5 (NY)
Icestorm 1.5 (NY)
Depch 1.5 (Euro)
Uncle Seth 2.0 (NY)
Fitzo 2.0 (Euro)
Minpind 2.5 (Mass)
Donnybrook 2.5 (Mass)
Lupz 4.0 (NY)
Darko 4.0 (Euro)
Tx 4.0 (NY)
Skip 4.0 (Mass)
JV 4.0 (Mass)

Everyone seemed to like #3 better because it used the most input from as many vet guys as possible.

Final Divisions Below: Passed along to Chaos for site update. option 2:

EASTERN CONF

Northeast Div

2.5 - Brutus (ILL) - Chicago

5 - Jagr (ILL) - Buffalo

Atlantic Div

WESTERN CONF

Central Div

3 - Lupz (NY) - Winnipeg

5 - Jer (ONT) - Toronto

Pacific Div

4 - J&J (CO) - Colorado

Hokkee: We had to wait till chaos updates the site, that couldn't be done with any leagues running. :)

Personally I liked #3 more because there are a few weird things in #2 like Darko (EU) playing with Kupuck (Cali) for multiple games of frame 7 and Skele & Me with multiple frame 7+ games too in same division, it's no ones fault, just could've easily changes Darko & Skele who were both rated 4 to still have the same balance, but take location in to account. But no need to change anything #2 is good enough.