NHL'94 Forums

Saskatoon Smash Live Feed

Are those scores or odds? Every winner held his opponent to 1 goal? Pic looks awesome

Lol. Looked liked odds but they wre scores

Wow intense game!

there were other patrons watching as well....and the place was going nuts.....I think most (everyone?) thought it was over when it was 6-2 heading into the third....then gorecki scores 3 in the first 30....and it was game on from that point.

When is Smashfest 2?

We need a longer window of opportunity to make travel arrangements next time.

I love Saskatoon as a venue, even though I've never been.

Lets make this happen and bigger than this:

http://tecmomadison.com/

We NEED to make this happen!

I received a lot of positive feedback on this tournament (anxiously waiting for angryjays blog) and I think everyone enjoyed it. It was free to enter but the intensity was present. We wanted that spectacular trophy. Probably Have another here in a years time. It was thrown together very quickly because of the documentary and having everyone be available for it. The venue was perfect for us. Just a room just off to the back corner away from other patrons. But still had our own server throughout the evening. Everything to love about it. Nothing to hate about it.

If you set up another tourney for next year, I will make my way back to Saskatoon by any means possible to get another shot at the gold. Until then, I'm in the city until summer so if you ever need me to show you what the SNES version of Sundin can do, I'll be around, Halifax ;D.

I'll play you again Logan! The game we had (you winning 3-2 as Dallas vs. me as St. Louis) was my personal favorite gameplay moment of my short-lived tournament. We started our match-up later then the others so by the 2nd period had everyone around watching and cheering us on. Plus you making me and everyone laugh with your outbursts lol. It was my elimination game but man, what a rush. I'm in for future Smashfests, fees or not, and to help any way I can.

I remember that, we were both up for elimination and I was thoroughly in the zone (read: drunk) by that point and was super into that game, crazy close too. The outburst bit makes me laugh, when I came back to Sports on Tap to get my car on Monday I had to let it warm up, so I went inside and grabbed a beer and the bartender came up to me and said he remembered me from the tournament as, in his words, the loud one. Really hope to see something like this again, or if not at least we know there's enough Saskatoonians to get together for a beer league.

• 8 years later...

I frankensteined a full bracket together. There are some scores and teams missing towards the end, does anyone remember the details? @angryjay93 @stheds2000 @The90Jacket @halifax

I also notice some asterisks next to many of the games. My guess is that it means the guy who picked the teams and was the away team, but can anyone who was there actually confirm that?

(on mobile, tap the picture first in order to get the full quality picture then zoom on that)

EDIT: version 2 of the frankenbracket based on the thread containing all the scores (though some transcription errors)

SaskSmash2015Bracket.jpg