NHL'94 Forums

92 Winter Classic 2015 Playoffs

CoachMac

I had always wondered why when the leagues on this site had playoffs they did not use they playoff settings already in the game and just edit the match ups. It would always have to be first round but it would be cool I thought to have it track your best of 7 series. Then each round make the new match ups. It would also take care of the overtime situation and play 5 minute OT periods instead of needing the 99 minute playoff rom.

But when I ran my little 93 leagues I never experimented and just did what all the other leagues do and made a 99 minute OT playoff rom.

Well for some reason when you put a 92 rom in NOSE their is no option to edit the overtime length and hence no way to make a 99 minute playoff rom.

So for our 92 winter classic league Deadmeow and I performed the experiment I had always wondered about and it worked perfectly. I do realize we still may have issues with a disconnect where we will just have to stitch together games and/or a series but those have been few and far between this season. (Raph don't pick any fights with Gretzky on the penalty screen!).

This should also work in 94 if anyone is interested.

Here is how it will work and what you should post.

Once the playoffs are set next week I will make the rom with the proper match ups.

I will make a new rom after each round with the match ups.

The Higher seeded (HOME) team should host and be player 1.

The game will change you to visitors with no need to reconnect for games 3 and 4.

First 2 rounds will be best of 5.

Finals will be best of 7.

Here is our test.

CoachMac hosted and was Chicago.

Deadmeow took Minnesota.

post-3852-0-33831200-1421124791_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-36281800-1421124801_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-21130200-1421124811_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-66596900-1421124827_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-00453200-1421124838_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-06772000-1421124851_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-71538600-1421124862_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-84229800-1421124871_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-93885800-1421124880_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-69403600-1421124891_thumb.pn

The Leafs are tuned up for the playoffs. The Oilers got a hold of the Leafs at the start of the season and got the first three wins in the series, before Toronto got back into regular season mode.

In my NHL92 League, we have had two Toronto vs Edmonton(Tony) playoff series, in 2003, and 2005. The 2003 series was a close one, with Toronto losing 4-2 in best of 7. Toronto shutout Edmonton in both of their wins.

It will be interesting to see which team has improved the most, since early in the season, between Edmonton and Toronto. If Toronto can get to the second round, it will be tough with NYR and Pitt waiting. However Toronto nearly split the season series with Pitt, while NYR skated so fast, I never got a chance to hold them!

Edited by deadmeow

After each game, is there a "Save State" available that could be uploaded correctly into the nhl94.com?? (for the leagues that have playoffs on the site and track the playoff stats, etc)

Also, on the GDL Tourney, if someone wanted to edit Rom 17 from Skip for these playoffs, we could use it as a further experiment since that Tourney is on google docs only.

Edited by Brutus

After each game, is there a "Save State" available that could be uploaded correctly into the nhl94.com?? (for the leagues that have playoffs on the site and track the playoff stats, etc)

Also, on the GDL Tourney, if someone wanted to edit Rom 17 from Skip for these playoffs, we could use it as a further experiment since that Tourney is on google docs only.

It's possible. I've mapped out the offsets that are on the games stats (Shots, Goals, PPA/PPG, Penalties/PIM, Fights won, attack zone) for both home and away. I wanted to see if the game kept individual player stats, but haven't tried yet. Part of me doesn't think so, since it's nowhere to be found in the game, but you never know.

92ClassicQF.bin

All series are Best of 5.

Higher seed should host and make sure that you are player 1.

Match-ups are properly loaded in rom.

Edmonton, LA, NYR, Pittsburgh should host and be player 1 and will have Home Ice.

This is the only way to get OT correct in 92.

Post results as above, but I really don't need the Playoff tree it just looks cool.

Obviously if you get a desync you will lose the tree and have to use regular season or single game playoff mode.

GOAL all 4 first round series get played and completed tomorrow night.

DEADLINE For First Round is Wednesday January 21 at 11:59 eastern time.

If you need an extension you must post here.

DROP DEAD DAY for First round is next Sunday 1-26 at 11:59 eastern time.

I will create a new rom with new match ups for Semi-Finals.

Yeah GGS King!!!

Nothing to do!!! Good team and great coach!!!

I only survived in Game 1 but King made a great finish!!!

Good luck for the rest and good luck to all of you.

And a big THX to Coachmac for this season!

Edited by Darko99

The Oilers were to much for the Leafs.

Big Stick Tap to Deadmeow for taking the Leafs and having such a great season with a weak team and being a great sport.

The guy is the Godfather of 92 and walks and talks softly, takes one of the weakest teams, and competes.

post-3852-0-81570800-1421729574_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-45909400-1421729589_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-31105800-1421729602_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-36484700-1421729675_thumb.pn

post-3852-0-26954000-1421729630_thumb.pn

Edited by CoachMac

DEADLINE For First Round is Wednesday January 21 at 11:59 eastern time.

If you need an extension you must post here.

DROP DEAD DAY for First round is next Sunday 1-26 at 11:59 eastern time.

Great job 50% completion on night one of the playoffs.

Skeletor and Lupz27 are scheduled for tomorrow night.

Jer33 and Labs66 hopefully can play by Wednesday or post availability and schedule here.

Lupz27 - Does tomorrow night work for you? I'm not feeling too good tonight, so I'm going to hit the sack early.

Anytime today works before 4, and after 9.

You might catch me at dinnertime, otherwise I'm out until 10:30 putting kidlets to bed.

Later is actually better for me too bud. Baby goes to bed around that time also. Last night just didn't work out. I'll look for ya later

Mac & the Oilers have continued to improve greatly. The first two games were tough fought matches, and the Leafs just could not get a lead. Game 3, Toronto took a 3-1 lead early, but just couldn't hold it, as the Oilers have too much fire power, and the Leafs just can't get near the net without being forced to eat snow cones all day.

I think in most or all of the games, my shots were in the single digits, I just didn't have many chances to shoot the puck due to the Edmonton defense. I think if the Oilers and Penguins play, this could be a great series. Also, it would be nice to see if LA can give the NY Rangers a scare in the next round, assuming they get past Chicago.

The talent level is very good in this league. I think NHL94 players learn the ropes of NHL92 very quickly. Thanks to everyone for working hard to play their games on time, and to Mac for holding a very fun league!

Edited by deadmeow
  • Haha 1

LA vs CHI

The first two games were extremely close. CHI nearly stole the first game, but the Kings came back from a 3 goal deficit to tie the game and win in ot. Game 2 saw CHI come within one, but the Kings still held on for the win.

post-1603-0-23920400-1421814869_thumb.pn

post-1603-0-28445500-1421814878_thumb.pn

post-1603-0-99048000-1421814889_thumb.pn

http://www.nhl92.com/2015winterclassic.htm

Looks like it was a great series.

I am keeping more detailed stats for the playoffs.

LA Power Play was 11-16 69% and the PK was 8-10 80%

Raph better stay out of the box.

Fighting is way down for the Playoffs.

Regular Season 299 fights/112 games 2.67 per game

Playoffs 15 fights/9 games 1.67 per game

1st Semi-Final is set.

#3 LA vs #2 NYR

I will post the Semi-Final Match-up rom after MIN and PIT finish.

Hopefully tonight.

Looking at Thursday, Friday, or Saturday now for a Semi-Final League Night.

Finals could be early next week.

GOAL: Award the Cup before the Super Bowl (Feb 1)

Edited by CoachMac

Had complications with the baby last night, she is getting over a cold and was miserable. I contacted Jer, we are playing tonight for sure. Very sorry

Sorry guys. My internet is acting up in a big way tonight, and both hamachi and server are both far too laggy to carry out a single game - nevermind a series. Labs and I plan to try again tomorrow evening.

Sorry guys. My internet is acting up in a big way tonight, and both hamachi and server are both far too laggy to carry out a single game - nevermind a series. Labs and I plan to try again tomorrow evening.

Confirmed......Jer tried everything in his power to get it to work.....going to try tomorrow night

Another series done, good luck to LABS the rest of the way.

92ClassicQF_000.bmp

92ClassicQF_002.bmp

92ClassicQF_003.bmp

Got these screens from GENS (Shift-Backspace), but they appear to be corrupt. Can't view them, nor convert them to anything else.

Sorry guys. Glad Labs kept the scores.

Edited by jer_33

Another series done, good luck to LABS the rest of the way.

attachicon.gif92ClassicQF_000.bmp

attachicon.gif92ClassicQF_002.bmp

attachicon.gif92ClassicQF_003.bmp

Thank you! VGGS Great series and season bud!

Gm 1: Min 2 Pit 5

PIM 10 9

FW 1 1

Gm 2: Min 2 Pit 7

PIM 2 1

FW 0 0

Gm 3: Pit 6 Min 4

PIM 7 8

FW 0 1

Edited by LABS_66

Good job guys.

I will post the Semi-Final Rom tonight.

Best of 5

#1 Pittsburgh Penguins (Labs66) vs #4 Edmonton Oilers (CoachMac)

#2 New York Rangers (KingRaph) vs #3 Los Angeles Kings (Skeletor)

GOAL: Complete the Semi-Finals by Sunday January 25, 2015 at 11:59 pm. EST.

Deadline: Friday January 30 at 11:59 pm EST

Labs can you also post the Shots and PP Stats from your games with Jer.

I can not see them in the bmp files.

I am keeping more detailed stats for the Playoffs.