NHL'94 Forums

92 Winter Classic 2015 Playoffs

CoachMac

Getting down to the nitty gritty. Watch out for Mac, he has improved. Will be very exciting to see some nail biting series. Lets have some game fives in these series.

Game 1

Shots: Min 12 Pit 17

PP: Min 0/4 Pit 2/5

Game 2

Shots: Min 10 Pit 17

PP: Min 0/1 Pit 0/2

Game 3

Shots: Pit 16 Min 10

PP: Pit 0/5 Min 1/4

Total Shots: Pit 50 Min 32

Total PP: Pit 2/12 Min 1/9

post-3852-0-97280300-1422164736_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-59648000-1422164748_thumb.pnpost-3852-0-58530800-1422164762_thumb.pn

Edmonton came out looking for the upset. In game one the Oilers led 3-1 in the 3rd period only to see Pittsburgh score 3 unanswered goals to win 4-3.

In games 2 and 3 Pittsburgh scored early and the Oilers were not able to generate the offense they needed to catch up.

Very good tight defensive series. Congrats to Labs66 for advancing to the Finals.

Pittsburgh now awaits the winner of the NY Rangers (KingRaph) and LA Kings (Skeletor) series.

http://www.nhl92.com/2015winters1.htm

Edited by CoachMac

attachicon.gifevp1.pngattachicon.gifevp2.pngattachicon.gifevp3.png

Edmonton came out looking for the upset. In game one the Oilers led 3-1 in the 3rd period only to see Pittsburgh score 3 unanswered goals to win 4-3.

In games 2 and 3 Pittsburgh scored early and the Oilers were not able to generate the offense they needed to catch up.

Very good tight defensive series. Congrats to Labs66 for advancing to the Finals.

Pittsburgh now awaits the winner of the NY Rangers (KingRaph) and LA Kings (Skeletor) series.

The scores do not reflect how close these games were.....it felt like a 1-1 game the whole time.....posts clanging, fists flying, vicious checks...GREAT GAMES between two tough teams. Great season Commish CoachMac and thank you for getting this together

• Haha 1

Skeletor and Raph do you guys have anything planned yet?

GOAL: Complete the Semi-Finals by Sunday January 25, 2015 at 11:59 pm. EST.

Deadline: Friday January 30 at 11:59 pm EST

We are supposed to play tonight, but I'd like to reschedule it for tomorrow if possible. I hate to delay it, but I'm having trouble adjusting to a new prescription, and aren't feeling that great.

We are supposed to play tonight, but I'd like to reschedule it for tomorrow if possible. I hate to delay it, but I'm having trouble adjusting to a new prescription, and aren't feeling that great.

No prob with me bud, tomorrow works too. I should be snowed in next two days anyway, working from home, big storm projected. Feel better.

• Confused 1

Hope you feel better Skels!

Have we had any OT games in the playoffs yet? So far we have only had vanilla series, with the sweeps in each series. The most exciting thing is an OT game in the final game of a playoff series.

I think LA (Skeletor) and NYR (KingRaph) will go beyond 3 games.

And I am sure the Finals will not be a sweep.

I actually think the playoffs and league have been pretty exciting even with all series being sweeps so far.

I know that I believed I could win my series with Labs even in the third period game 3.

I am still kicking myself for letting game 1 get away from me.

When do the Kings and Rangers play? I want to get the popcorn ready, haha. Rangers are unstoppable. The only team to sweep my humble Maple Leafs were the Rangers. I have faced the Rangers many times over the years, but never faced someone that could coach them as good as Raph.

Don't feel bad Mac, I was sure my Leafs were going to at worst lose in 5 to the Oilers, and look what happened!

Wow! That looks like an awesome series. Congrats to Skeletor and the Kings on a great season and to KingRaph and the Rangers on advancing to the Finals. Looks like it was a great series with lots of shots and goals. The Pens (28-5-1 overall/6-0 playoffs) and Rangers (28-7-0/6-1 playoffs) split the regular season series and finished just one point apart during the season as the #1 and #2 teams.

Stanley Cup Finals

Best of SEVEN

Penguins (Labs66) and Rangers (KingRaph)

I will have the rom out tonight.

Deadline to Finish is Tuesday February 3rd at 11:59 pm EST.

Goal is to finish before Super Bowl Kickoff Sunday February 1.

Great season guys, looking forward to seeing how the Finals play out and getting season 2 going.

We had 100 % completion of the season by all teams.

Hit every deadline.

Finished the regular season in 6 weeks.

Finished each round of playoffs in less than a week.

Finished the whole regular season and playoffs in less than 2 months.

Watch for info to follow on season 2.

PM me if you have suggestions or a time frame you would like to see for season 2.

I have a pretty clear picture of what it will look like.

I will be in touch with each of you thru PM.

Anyone interested in an expansion franchise in the 92 league can PM me as well.

Again,

Good Luck to Labs and Raph in the Finals and I am still kicking myself about letting game 1 of my series with Labs get away.

You gotta love these games.

Edited by CoachMac

If you guys are recording the series, please post a link with the recordings, without spoilers to the games/series winners. This would be fun to watch the best two teams in the league go at it. Maybe it would be good to post the game-recording links in a different thread.

Edited by deadmeow

Congrats King! And thank you everyone. BIG thanks to Coach for getting this together. Was an awesome season with great competition and can't wait for season 2. King I messaged you back in AIM I am working tonight until 9:30 tonight however I am not feeling the best. I am off work tomorrow night and will play for sure so Game 1 : January 28th 2015 TBD.....can't wait

Edited by LABS_66

If you guys are recording the series, please post a link with the recordings, without spoilers to the games/series winners. This would be fun to watch the best two teams in the league go at it. Maybe it would be good to post the game-recording links in a different thread.

I'll do that, as I've done the last few leagues. See last classic for example: Fall'14 Classic Finals

TALE OF THE TAPE

Finals4.png

Playoffs

6.29 (1) GPG 5.33 (3)

4.29 (3) GAA 2.50 (1)

7.57 (3) PIM/g 6.17 (6)

1.29 (3) FW/g 0.67 (T4)

33% (T3) PP 19% (T6)

62% (7) PK 89% (1)

31% (6) SH% 33% (5)

64% (7) SV% 75% (2)

6-1 (2) W-L 6-0 (1)

28-7-0 (2) Overall 28-5-1 (1)

Regular Season

198 (1) GF 156 (2)

92 (1) GA 97 (2)

272 (3) PIM 192 (6)

51 (2) FW 20 (8)

22-6-0 (2) w-l-t 22-5-1 (1)

Edited by CoachMac

TALE OF THE TAPE

Finals4.png

6.29 (1) GPG 5.33 (3)

4.29 (3) GAA 2.50 (1)

7.57 (3) PIM/g 6.17 (6)

1.29 (3) FW/g 0.67 (T4)

33% (T3) PP 19% (T6)

62% (7) PK 89% (1)

31% (6) SH% 33% (5)

64% (7) SV% 75% (2)

6-1 (2) W-L 6-0 (1)

28-7-0 (2) Overall 28-5-1 (1)

Regular Season

198 (1) GF 156 (2)

92 (1) GA 97 (2)

272 (3) PIM 192 (6)

51 (2) FW 20 (8)

22-6-0 (2) w-l-t 22-5-1 (1)

So professionally done......love it!

How has raph given up fewer goals but labs gaa is half? I'm tired this morning & maybe I'm misreading missing something.

Also good luck labs. No offense raph, but I'm getting odds on my bet w/ labs!!