NHL'94 Forums

GDL Tourney

Brutus

As previously discussed, GDL Season is delayed into February.

So, I thought a TOURNEY would be a great way to pass the time. Figure we can discuss single, or double elimination based on demand.

Anyone in, please say "IN" here and also, if you want to use your team. Multiple entries will be considered based on demand, even from players NOT in GDL now, and no requirement to play with your team.

In the event of DUPLICATE teams, a temporary ROM will need to be made to DUP that team for that series. Also, same player with multiple entrees that meet their own team will pick which one advances.

Since Raph offered.

I'll be in with Raphs team if that is OK with everybody.

I am #1 on the waitlist for GDL, I think.

So I need the practice.

Though I doubt I'll be replacing Raph.

Edited by CoachMac

Post your results here, best of 5, top teams are home.

If everyone has issues w/ best of 5, we can switch to best of 3.

Otherwise, go ahead and do your series. Put your name in the properly colored slot after your series is over in google docs.

Edited by Brutus

In a awesome 5 game series Lupz27 holds of coach mac and the Rangers, 4 out 5 games decided in OT, or by 1 goal. Hats of to Coach Mac for picking up a team he never played with, and all but winning the series.

In a awesome 5 game series Lupz27 holds of coach mac and the Rangers, 4 out 5 games decided in OT, or by 1 goal. Hats of to Coach Mac for picking up a team he never played with, and all but winning the series.

Thanks Lupz27 it was fun. Glad at least a little of the skills in 92/93 translate to 94.

The Rangers will be happy to have KingRaph back behind the bench.

Ciccarelli is amazing!

Looking forward to playing some more 94.

Jets 3-2

Rangers 6-5 in OT

Jets 5-1

Rangers 3-2

Jets 4-3 Lupz was down 3-2 with about a minute to go and scored twice as Dino was in the box for both.

This thing is double elimination?

It is double elimination.

Updated the Tourney for that series, and corrected it so anyone can edit it now.

Just follow the color code to where you team goes if you win or lose & type in your name.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_CNlooG6YBuipnOYfp0fe-v6EgWPPcJtt-YGY0TGmWI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

It is double elimination.

Updated the Tourney for that series, and corrected it so anyone can edit it now.

Just follow the color code to where you team goes if you win or lose & type in your name.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_CNlooG6YBuipnOYfp0fe-v6EgWPPcJtt-YGY0TGmWI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Thanks for setting this up Brut.

Will look for Skip tonight to play ours. What version ROM are we on and where is it?

Edited by LABS_66

Guys, feel free to use whatever version of GDL rom you want. 98% of all rosters, minus Lupz I don't think changed, but I'm quite certain everyone would prefer to play with their current version, and since Mac is the only guy using someone else's team, and Raph's team didn't change, current V24 or whatever it is at works for me.

Hopefully, you guys get your series in tonight. CoachMac plays the loser of that and Lupz plays the winner, so try to set up your series as soon as your games are done, as season is coming shortly.

I'm PM'ing Darko to try to set up our time to play.

Yes, I will just use whatever version my opponent is good with.

Really enjoyed the first round even though Dino and the boys are complaining about having me behind the bench instead of Raph.

I am ready to go whenever that series get played.

I'm PM'ing Darko to try to set up our time to play.

Well Brutus i won't be available tonight,work early tomorrow.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon or evening CET if it works for you?

Edited by Darko99