NHL'94 Forums

94 Table Hockey/Even Teams Rom

CoachMac

EvenTableHockey.bin

AKA:

TomKabs no luck rom.

e-sports rom.

No wt bug fix. (Classic)

Home/Away, PP/PK, Offense/Defense all set the same strongest setting for each team using EARE.

Option 2 on Smozrom (Players are the same every game.)

All rosters and lines are set the same.

I used building lines with AJ, KingRaphs team rankings, and TomKabs forward rankings to determine the roster.

Detroit had the best group of forwards. I did not want to just use the 10 best players in the game as I thought that might make the teams too good. So I went with Detroit, but added Patty Roy in Net and replaced Coffey with Don Sweeney. Cheveldae is your backup goalie. Set the lines to try and keep best guys on ice, but also with

Penalties off not much change to the lineup outside of injuries.

Pens off also takes the randomness or luck of penalties out of the game.

Who is best with the sticks!

Line 1 Line 2 Line 3

C Yzerman Federov Yseabaert

LW Federov Ciccarelli Drake

RW Ciccarelli Yzerman Kozlov

LD Sweeney Konstantinov Racine

RD Lidstrom Racine Konstantinov

G Roy

EA Yseabaret

I gave you the Option of the Original 6 teams with:

52 Red Wings Gordie Howe playing Steve Yzerman.

56 Canadiens Rocket Richard playing Steve Yzerman.

61 BlackHawks Bobby Hull playing Steve Yzerman.

63 Maple Leafs Frank Mahovolich playing Steve Yzerman.

72 Bruins Bobby Orr playing Steve Yzerman (and playing center) (well he had to be the best player on the team)

72 Rangers Jean Ratelle playing Steve Yzerman.

Edited by CoachMac

GREAT to see someone is attempting a ROM with the same concept I had a few years ago.

I called my Rom, :"Even Steven", but for some reason the posts are no longer here.

Too bad, because I can't remember all the steps that were involved in getting rid of hot/cold streaks, etc.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15849-where-are-my-even-steven-roms/?hl=%2Beven+%2Bsteven

I recently attempted an All Star rom to be like "Even Steven", but got ZERO help with the logos.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16484-all-star-rom-with-new-nhl-conference-logos/

I wanted to have just 2 teams (just like in table hockey), with one red and one blue, like the conference logos.

I didn't even think of Penalties off to help eliminate the "luck" factor, but I would prefer some penalties, so you can have power plays, and penalty shots. I would suggest to definitely leave Interference calls enabled.

GREAT JOB! and you're definitely on the right track. Hopefully, some day we will have a rom that is perfectly even in every way for each participant, so it can be used in tournaments, with round robin, and switching teams and home/away so there will be no crying about, one side or team having an advantage.

Edited by NHL94PC

Just played it. and WOW, I LOVE your table hockey images at game startup!

Original 6 is a great idea.

1 minute penalties are also good, since Periods are only 5 minutes.

Wierd bug:

I played Chicago vs New York at New York, and the Hawks home ice and goal music played.

Suggestions:

Add Y button Goalie Control (simple patch to apply)

Add stick tape and helmit patch, without trapezoid patch. You have to track down an older patch to do this, but will be worth it, to preserve the vintage original 6 rink look.

Edited by NHL94PC

Too bad, because I can't remember all the steps that were involved in getting rid of hot/cold streaks, etc.

Easy to do using Smozrom and EARE.

I recently attempted a All Star rom to be like "Even Steven", but got ZERO help with the logos.

I can help you but the #1 thing around here is to help yourself first. It took me a long time to learn how to do logos and I still don't have it perfected. Again, I would be happy to help with logos. Red and Blue would be easy.

I didn't even think of Penalties off to help eliminate the "luck" factor, but I would prefer some penalties, so you can have power plays, and penalty shots. I would suggest to definitely leave Interference calls enabled.

Personally, I like penalties on.

GREAT JOB! and you're definitely on the right track. Hopefully, some day we will have a rom that is perfectly even in every way for each participant, so it can be used in tournaments, with round robin, and switching teams and home/away so there will be no crying about, one side having an advantage.

Thanks, I got the idea from the conversation TK, Depch, and Brutus were having about hot/cold streaks and luck. I personally do not care for this style. I like the players being different and people crying about things. (It reminds me of my real life as a coach). But I had just made NHL64 and figured out how to use TM so I thought I would put the rom to some use.

Just played it. and WOW, I LOVE your table hockey images at game startup!

Original 6 is a great idea.

1 minute penalties are also good, since Periods are only 5 minutes.

Thanks. The start up images were my favorite part. I have that game and those players.

Penalties and whatever are easy to change in NOSE to anyones liking.

Wierd bug:

I played Chicago vs New York at New York, and the Hawks home ice and goal music played.

Did not touch the music, but their is a tutorial as how to change songs around here on the Forums. NY must just be in the Chicago slot from the original game.

Suggestions:

Add Y button Goalie Control (simple patch to apply)

Add stick tape and helmit patch, without trapezoid patch. You have to track down an older patch to do this, but will be worth it, to preserve the vintage original 6 rink look.

Helmet Patch? I need a hair patch for this era.

Oh yeah, forgot about Smozrom. I remember using it now.

Yes, I always attempt to do things myself first and read all the "how to" tutorials I can find. I just don't have the knack that many others do, and can get easily frustrated.

Thanks for offering to help me with the logos.

I also like and play with penalties on, including offsides on.

(Yes, thank God for programs like EARE, NOSE, and Smozrom, and I've used them all.)

I find editing hex to be very aggravating. If there were a master chart of offset locations, that would help quite a bit.

You're absolutely right. Vintage original 6 didn't use helmits. LOL

BTW, your hiilarious avatar motivated me to add mine.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have an idea, that will make things even and easy for a one day tournament(like a rod hockey tournament), and not require any rom updating(other than making sure Home ice advantage, and hot/cold are taken out).

Take any rom(like Skip's great 2015), and for a tournament, have each contestant play as the SAME team as their opponent(one is Home and one is Visitor).

The only stats needed, are the numbe of wins, loses, Ties(if no OT or shootouts used), and if desired, GF, and GA.

It doesn't matter which team is chosen,. because both players will always be playing the identical team as their current opponent.

After each game, players just need to SWAP controllers(which is like players changing the side they play on a rod hockey table).

It could be a double round-robin, where each player plays every other player, once as HOME, and once as AWAY.

You can use the same team for the entire tournament, or cycle through different teams.

Set up a bunch of PCs, pizzas and drinks = awesome tournament. LOL

Edited by NHL94PC

• 7 years later...
  • 3 months later...