NHL'94 Forums

New NHL '94 World Record Blog Post

does anyone who records and beats any of the above records get in the documentary?

Yes if al possible i will be following the whole world records runs! So video tape everything and make sure you get reaction video of yourself as well if you beat the score.

I'm also open to all ideas

Raph's record for snes (58 goals) is really quite good. I will be surprised if anyone beats it. I got 56 and 55 a couple weeks ago but now I'm lucky if I can hit 45. It's tough to maintain a pace of 1 goal/30 seconds because any bad bounce can lead to the puck in your own zone which is a major time burner. It's also tough not to get burned out trying over and over multiple times.

Edited by Bob Kudelski

Raph's record for snes (58 goals) is really quite good. I will be surprised if anyone beats it. I got 56 and 55 a couple weeks ago but now I'm lucky if I can hit 45. It's tough to maintain a pace of 1 goal/30 seconds because any bad bounce can lead to the puck in your own zone which is a major time burner. It's also tough not to get burned out trying over and over multiple times.

You're gonna break the record Bob. Records get broken by those who keep at it....if you got 56 already, it's likely you will nail 59+ in a game soon.

KingRaph, any chance you post the Video of the game, i would love to see it.

Congrats !

PM sent.

I believe someone just got 69 goals on the genesis beating the old record of 58. ;)

Damnit, and I was seriously looking for my genesis this very morning because i somehow thought I had a shot at the record.

Kingraph just Billy Mitchell'd himself.

Haha, Raph's going to show up at the next '94 event with a VHS recording of when he scored 75 goals

Damnit, and I was seriously looking for my genesis this very morning because i somehow thought I had a shot at the record.

You can still do it smoz!

WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save it for Camara!!!! lol

Sorry Mikey, I didn't record my reaction. It was like 2 am, and pretty lame, lol.

I believe someone just got 69 goals on the genesis beating the old record of 58. ;)

70-1, net 69.

Damn....69 goal differential....GREAT NUMBER! HAHA

I guess 70 is the target now......

Anyone know the record on 92? Gonna go for that one!!!!!

Do you have that one too King? Also what are the guidelines and rules for recording?

Yep. Here are the rules:

Single Player Only, Regular Season, May Freely Choose Your Team and The Computer's Team, 10 Minute Periods, Penalties & Line Changes are Optional.

Special Rules: You must play all 3 Periods and WIN the game by at least one point. This game will use The Special Blowout Rules for final score, where it is tabulated by how many goals you have won the game by. [Ex. If you beat the computer 16-4, your final score will then be 12, which is how many goals you won by.]

Twin Galaxies lays out submission questions as follows, and probably answers your questions:

Simple Submission Instructions

What Should I Put in My Submission Evidence Package?

Recommended Guidelines for Recording a Video Game Score Performance

Good luck!

How did u record? Using the record option in Gens?

I don't think they accept Gens. They have no way to verify that you didn't hack the ROM to make the goalies worse or the players better. You should be playing on the console. Typically, you take a continuous/one-take video (with a camera/phone) of you turning the console on and playing the game. So they know there's no funny business going on :)

How do they verify that the cart isn't a hacked rom?

They can't. If someone were to go to those lengths to cheat, I think they would get away with it. Unless the hack was so silly that you can see the effect during gameplay (i.e. Gretzky blasting slapshots, etc) that could arouse suspicion.

Yea! Good luck Smoz! Going for 92 myself. I'd love to get it, I love the other years especially 94 and its tough to choose but 92 was always my favorite