NHL'94 Forums

Another Cool Thing about '92

CoachMac

Before Ron Barr was hired for his dashing good looks, the scouting reports were actually accurate.

I noticed as I edited the Penguins down to earth that the scouting report actually showed the changes.

Remember in '93 on Ron Barr intro screen which is cool, all the info about team ratings is just fluff and useless.

In '94 Ron is always wrong about who is Hot and Cold.

The '92 scouting Reports were accurate.

post-3852-0-78206300-1423112831_thumb.pn

Oilers vs Pens Match up with Default Line 1 for both teams.

post-3852-0-72328900-1423112844_thumb.pn

Oilers vs Pens Match up with Pens Line 2 now starting and Line 1 moved down to Line 3.

Look at the Pens Line Depth after this change.

Edited by CoachMac
  • Like 1

wow cool find.

I hate EA. I found for the last decade they completely rip off the consumer making us buy a new game every year for essentially just roster updates. (which you can just download now!)

Sure they always tout new features and things but its all marketing crap. Any year they made a really good game instead of keeping with it and fixing bugs and refining it they just A) copy paste code + roster updates or B) make some completely new bs game new features, new game play, new bugs its just bs. graphics hardly get 'better' anymore.

Why not release a grade A+ title every COUPLE of years or so, and manage it with DLC

NO THEY HAVE TO ROB US OF 60-80$ EVERY YEAR for inferior products!

ANYWAY

why all this rant?

Well for me the early 90's were the golden days of EA. Sports games were new. They had to figure it out. 92' 93' were good and fun and they made a classic in 94.

but nope.

nope nope nope. same bs as today as ever was with EA.

they had a cool FUNCTIONAL feature that disappeared for a flapping pixalated Ronn Barr screen we cant skip fast enough??

The list goes on and on with things like this through every EA nhl title of the last 20 years as im sure most of you experienced first hand.

why do we keep giving them our money??

/end rant

Edited by shaftman

CoachMac, on 05 Feb 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:

Before Ron Barr was hired for his dashing good looks, the scouting reports were actually accurate.

I noticed as I edited the Penguins down to earth that the scouting report actually showed the changes.

Remember in '93 on Ron Barr intro screen which is cool, all the info about team ratings is just fluff and useless.

In '94 Ron is always wrong about who is Hot and Cold.

The '92 scouting Reports were accurate.

attachicon.gifs1muedvpt.png

Oilers vs Pens Match up with Default Line 1 for both teams.

attachicon.gifs2muedvpt.png

Oilers vs Pens Match up with Pens Line 2 now starting and Line 1 moved down to Line 3.

Look at the Pens Line Depth after this change.

92 is a great game, the only complaint I have with it is that the computer sucks at scoring, and you hit the post way too much. It is great for league stuff though. I love the goal horn, and fighting after the whistle!