NHL'94 Forums

2015 Spring Reg Season Predictions

deadmeow

New season, more new NHL92 coaches. All coaches played tough hockey last season, and as newer coaches learn to play better defense, which is an important part of NHL92, the standings will bunch closer together. Here are projections of the final regular season standings. Playoff predictions will be posted later.

#01 NY Rangers 28-8-0
NYR AND KingRaph are favorites to win the regular season title and cup finals.

#02 Pitt (SC2) 24-11-2

Second place will come down to the better coach between Pitt(SC2), and Boston

#03 Boston 24-11-2

If Lupz27 can learn to dominate the league early with his talent stacked team (before Labs66 figures out Pitt(SC2)), then he may be #02

#04 LA 19-17

Skeletor plays solid hockey, with a solid team. You don't have to be the best team to win a cup in NHL92. If he can draw favorable playoff matchups, LA has a chance to play in the finals.

#05 Edmonton 18-17-1

Coach Mac continues to improve each season, dating back to 2013. If his improvement continues at it's current rate, he could challenge as high as #03

#06 Hartford 17-17-2

Hartford has enough speed and scoring to make Raph and Labs66 cry on a rainy day.

#07 Calgary 14-21-1

Calgary has lots of depth, but does not have one player that dominates the game. If coached well, Jer33 could slip into the top 6 and avoid the lower 4 group of death.

#08 St Louis 11-25

Darko and St Louis play tough hockey, but don't always win. St Louis could challenge Calgary for #07, or could be near the bottom if they don't keep improving.

#09 Montreal 12-24

Paper Tigers. If AngryJay93 can learn to play solid defense, he may have a chance to make some noise in the quarterfinals.

#10 Philadelphia 8-24

Brutus will need to replace several game controllers before his season with Philadelphia ends.

Edited by deadmeow

Look forward to besting this prediction.

Came close to losing my first controller last night, as I'm up 4-1 vs Raph in NY & controlling the game middle of the 3rd. Gartner drops a long range missle from so deep my team cant even reach from there!! Post goal, I start a fight & lose my best two players to fighting penalties. One thing philly has is a really bad, slow, weak bench. Raph smells the blood. & runs off 4 more goals in like 1 1/2 minutes.

Joystick has some dents but stick in tact.

Edited by Brutus

I second that. Brutus is a tough competitor and I believe he will do what it takes to get Big Bad Kjell in the run for Lord Stanley

Someones gotta finish last in this league and it sure as hell aint gonna be me.

My team is fast. Fast. FAST!

I cant wait to have fun in my first league in a few years, but that dont mean you guys are safe. I'm gonna crack some skulls.

I have made some changes to the Playoff Format for both leagues that I think everyone will enjoy and keep everybody in Major interested and involved right to the end. It will also eliminate pointless playoff match ups. The only possible conflict is a Farm coach could turn out playing against himself in the John Deere Cup Finals (but highly unlikely). The 7-10 place teams will have something to play for right to the end and #5 and #6 in major will have a shot against the #3 and #4 seeds. One of the main weaknesses to leagues on this site is keeping it interesting once the season and more importantly post season get going. Keeping the lesser talented players involved. I think this format goes a long way towards addressing that.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

1-6 Place in Major

post-3852-0-92648500-1423238623_thumb.pn

Q-Finals are Best of 5

Semi's are Best of 7

Finals are Best of 7

John Deere Cup Playoffs

7-10 in Major

4 Division winners in Farm

post-3852-0-35059000-1423238719.png

Q-Finals are Best of 5

Semi's are Best of 5

Finals are Best 7

Edited by CoachMac

#1 NY Rangers (KingRaph)---Why they will win the Cup: Talented team with the best coach. He is the World Record Holder for a reason. I don't see how anyone stops Raph this season. His 94 skills have translated to 92 nicely. I beat him in his first 2 exis of 92 and have not been close since. With the Pens line-up downgraded I don't see anyone touching Raph. The rest of the league can look forward to commissionerMac knee capping the Rangers in Season 3 and bringing Raph back to the crowd with a depleted Line-up. Why they won't win the Cup: Skeletor and his LA Kings split with Raph during the Regular Season in Season 1 and gave them everything they wanted in the Playoffs. Adding Larry Robinson to the starting D improves LA more than Raphs move of switching Gartner to the LW. The Kings will be the #1 threat to the Rangers run at the Cup.

#2 Montreal Canadiens (AngryJay93)---Why they will win the Cup: Skilled, small, fast team with a talented and legendary but unknown coach in these parts. I played AJ in a few 92 exis and the Montreal "Paper Tigers" smoked my big physical Oilers 7-1. AngryJay went to Saskatchewan and played and adapted to SNES and finished 4th. He is a 94 legend and he can hold as well as Deadmeow which works well for the Paper Tigers. His style is very different from anyone else in the league. I predict he sneaks into the playoffs as he learns this game, but with the right match-ups he is my #2 choice to win the Cup.. Why they won't win the Cup: He can't beat the Rangers in a 7 game series with this line-up. AngryJay needs LA to knock off NY and then he can win the Cup.

#3 Los Angeles Kings (Skeletor)---Why they will win the Cup: Skill, motivation and finally Larry Robinson (236 lbs). If they don't win it this year with a second line edit next year (McSorley is still on the bench at 244lbs and rated 61) they will be the favorites. Super talent and scoring up front. Improved defense with the added size of Robinson. They match up well with the Rangers and Skeletor is a great coach and motivated to beat Raph. Why they won't win the Cup: Mixed results in Season 1 against some lesser teams makes me wonder if the Kings can bring it every night. I also think they are still vulnerable to physical defensive minded teams.

#4 Hartford Whalers (Deadmeow)---Why they will win the Cup: The Godfather of 92 Deadmeow is behind the bench of another group of underdogs. He plays the flat out the best most frustrating defensive system in the game. He has an upgraded faster roster moving from Toronto to Hartford. He can beat anybody with any team on any given night. Why they won't win the Cup: The roster. Hartford is just not that talented. It is a tribute to his sportsmenship that he always wants to take poor to mediocre teams to win the Cup.

#5 Pittsburgh Penguins (Labs66)--- Why they win the Cup: Labs dominated last season with the greatest roster ever assembled in a video hockey game. The Penguins Line 1 is far better comparably than the BlackHawks or Red Wings in 94. In fact they have no rival. That said, Labs did a great job coaching them and delivered the Cup. He is a skilled coach who still has a strong line-up. Much like Montreal, he needs to be on the other side of the playoff bracket from the Rangers and hope Skeletor or Deadmeow can upset KingRaph. Why they won't win the Cup: #66 Mario Lemieux is out for the season unless Labs pulls the goalie.

#6 Boston Bruins (Lupz27)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: I don't think Lupz27 can win the Cup with his new team in Boston. I do think he could finish as high as second and reach the Finals. This is an upgraded roster for a young enthusiastic coach who moves from Chicago to Boston. Neely and Bourque are both beast. Probably the best line-up in the league but not head and shoulders above everyone else like the Pens were last season. I think it will be tight for this last spot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but I see Boston getting it baed on the skilled roster. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup;

I think the 6-10 spots will be very close in the Major League.

#7 Philadelphia Flyers (Brutus)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: Brutus the c-mashing maniac. Heaven help us if he gets a more talented team or Chicago had any beef. I can see Philly finishing as high as 4th. Brutus's c-mashing, skull crushing, gimme the biggest guys on the roster the style is tough to play against. This will be dangerous team. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup: I just don't think Philly has enough scoring to win consistently in Major. I think they could very well be playing Brutus's other team in the John Deere Cup Finals.

#8 Edmonton Oilers (CoachMac)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: The roster. The Oilers are everything a coach could dream of. CoachMac is improving his level of play online after dominating locally. They will challenge for a playoff spot. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup: They may be the favorites if they are not in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

#9 Calgary Flames (Jer33)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: The Flames are a very similar team to the Kings the talent is there. Jer33 is the right guy behind the bench and may feel like he traded in a Edsel (NorthStars) for a Porsche (Flames). If Jer can outscore people he could get one of the coveted playoff spots. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup: This league is stacked and the 6-10 spots will be very close. The Flames will be one of the favorites here.

#10 St. Louis Blues (Darko99)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: Wow tough to pick this team last. The Blues were improving quickly at the end of season 1. Darko is a talented coach. If Hull and Oates get hot. I could be eating crow. These guys will be threat to get in the Big Dance. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup: Another team that will be very dangerous if they turn out here.

FARM LEAGUE DIVISION WINNERS:

#1 Chicago (Brutus)--- Class of their own here. I predict they will go 10-0. Toronto will be the #1 threat in the playoffs as Deadmeow has a history of upsetting the Hawks with the Leafs. They have the talent to beat the Major League's representative in John Deere Cup Finals. Other Brutus Division Teams (New Jersey 6-4) (San Jose 2-8).

#2 Toronto (Deadmeow)--- Went .500 in Major during season 1. I predict a 7-3 season in Farm League. Great chance to advance to the John Deere Cup Finals as they are the burr in the BlackHawks saddle. Other Deadmeow Division Teams (Winnipeg 6-4) Vancouver (2-8)

#3 Buffalo (Labs66)--- I wish I had picked them instead of the NorthStars. I went with my heart over my head. I think they will edge the Caps for the Playoff spot with a 6-4 record. Other Labs66 Division Teams (Washington 5-5) (Quebec 1-9)

#4 Detroit (CoachMac)--- I made horrible picks. This division may look like the NFC South. Detroit wins it at 4-6. Other Coachmac Division Teams (Minnesota 3-7) (NY Islanders 1-9)

Edited by CoachMac

I to predict Brut will get in the playoffs, and Boston will dissapoint and finish middle of pack.

I have made some changes to the Playoff Format for both leagues that I think everyone will enjoy and keep everybody in Major interested and involved right to the end. It will also eliminate pointless playoff match ups. The only possible conflict is a Farm coach could turn out playing against himself in the John Deere Cup Finals (but highly unlikely). The 7-10 place teams will have something to play for right to the end and #5 and #6 in major will have a shot against the #3 and #4 seeds. One of the main weaknesses to leagues on this site is keeping it interesting once the season and more importantly post season get going. Keeping the lesser talented players involved. I think this format goes a long way towards addressing that.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

1-6 Place in Major

attachicon.gifm1-6po.png

Q-Finals are Best of 5

Semi's are Best of 7

Finals are Best of 7

John Deere Cup Playoffs

7-10 in Major

4 Division winners in Farm

attachicon.giffandm8teambr.png

Q-Finals are Best of 5

Semi's are Best of 5

Finals are Best 7

I love the new format, everyone stays involved

#1 NY Rangers (KingRaph)---Why they will win the Cup: Talented team with the best coach. He is the World Record Holder for a reason. I don't see how anyone stops Raph this season. His 94 skills have translated to 92 nicely. I beat him in his first 2 exis of 92 and have not been close since. With the Pens line-up downgraded I don't see anyone touching Raph. The rest of the league can look forward to commissionerMac knee capping the Rangers in Season 3 and bringing Raph back to the crowd with a depleted Line-up. Why they won't win the Cup: Skeletor and his LA Kings split with Raph during the Regular Season in Season 1 and gave them everything they wanted in the Playoffs. Adding Larry Robinson to the starting D improves LA more than Raphs move of switching Gartner to the LW. The Kings will be the #1 threat to the Rangers run at the Cup.

#2 Montreal Canadiens (AngryJay93)---Why they will win the Cup: Skilled, small, fast team with a talented and legendary but unknown coach in these parts. I played AJ in a few 92 exis and the Montreal "Paper Tigers" smoked my big physical Oilers 7-1. AngryJay went to Saskatchewan and played and adapted to SNES and finished 4th. He is a 94 legend and he can hold as well as Deadmeow which works well for the Paper Tigers. His style is very different from anyone else in the league. I predict he sneaks into the playoffs as he learns this game, but with the right match-ups he is my #2 choice to win the Cup.. Why they won't win the Cup: He can't beat the Rangers in a 7 game series with this line-up. AngryJay needs LA to knock off NY and then he can win the Cup.

#3 Los Angeles Kings (Skeletor)---Why they will win the Cup: Skill, motivation and finally Larry Robinson (236 lbs). If they don't win it this year with a second line edit next year (McSorley is still on the bench at 244lbs and rated 61) they will be the favorites. Super talent and scoring up front. Improved defense with the added size of Robinson. They match up well with the Rangers and Skeletor is a great coach and motivated to beat Raph. Why they won't win the Cup: Mixed results in Season 1 against some lesser teams makes me wonder if the Kings can bring it every night. I also think they are still vulnerable to physical defensive minded teams.

#4 Hartford Whalers (Deadmeow)---Why they will win the Cup: The Godfather of 92 Deadmeow is behind the bench of another group of underdogs. He plays the flat out the best most frustrating defensive system in the game. He has an upgraded faster roster moving from Toronto to Hartford. He can beat anybody with any team on any given night. Why they won't win the Cup: The roster. Hartford is just not that talented. It is a tribute to his sportsmenship that he always wants to take poor to mediocre teams to win the Cup.

#5 Pittsburgh Penguins (Labs66)--- Why they win the Cup: Labs dominated last season with the greatest roster ever assembled in a video hockey game. The Penguins Line 1 is far better comparably than the BlackHawks or Red Wings in 94. In fact they have no rival. That said, Labs did a great job coaching them and delivered the Cup. He is a skilled coach who still has a strong line-up. Much like Montreal, he needs to be on the other side of the playoff bracket from the Rangers and hope Skeletor or Deadmeow can upset KingRaph. Why they won't win the Cup: #66 Mario Lemieux is out for the season unless Labs pulls the goalie.

#6 Boston Bruins (Lupz27)--- Why they get in the Stanley Cup Playoffs: I don't think Lupz27 can win the Cup with his new team in Boston. I do think he could finish as high as second and reach the Finals. This is an upgraded roster for a young enthusiastic coach who moves from Chicago to Boston. Neely and Bourque are both beast. Probably the best line-up in the league but not head and shoulders above everyone else like the Pens were last season. I think it will be tight for this last spot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, but I see Boston getting it baed on the skilled roster. Why they are playing for the John Deere Cup;

I think the 6-10 spots will be very close in the Major League.

To be continued.....

I just picked Pittsburgh for obvious hometown reason, not for skill....now I feel low for taking the Pens.......thanks alot ;)

P.S. 94 don't mean squat now haha!

Edited by LABS_66

This brings the whole online vs in person thing into play and the gamers vs hockey guys into play.

The first thing that attracted to me to 92 is THE OILERS ARE GOOD!

How I wish there was an NHL 84.

In person we give guys crap for just taking good teams and props for playing with teams you like.

You would not get punched for taking the Penguins.

I have no problem with guys taking teams because they are good mind you.

They would just get punched once if it was in person.

Anyway we know you are a Pittsburgh guy and you never blinked when knee-capped ya.

Win it again and I'll take out the other knee and give you line 3.

By the way your Cup is in the mail.

Edited by CoachMac

I got no problem with you taking the Pens.

You deserved and earned the Cup.

When are you gonna claim it in your signature.

Lol I know I keep forgetting to put it in there. I was just pulling your chain. See the winky face lol

Seconded.

I took the Rangers for the same reason LABS, had no idea how good/bad any teams were when we signed up. It's one thing to get a good team, but you had to play well to win the cup!

:) thanks bud. Like I told Coach, I was just messing. Hard to be sarcastic when typing haha

Trust me I don't have any issues with any of you guys or the way things are run. I'm easy to get along with and hopefully you guys feel the same. Sorry if it sounded like I was mad, I honestly was not. Absolutely love this site and especially this league now. Love you buds!...no homo haha

P.S......I'm coming for that second banner so yinz better be ready!

This brings the whole online vs in person thing into play and the gamers vs hockey guys into play.

The first thing that attracted to me to 92 is THE OILERS ARE GOOD!

How I wish there was an NHL 84.

In person we give guys crap for just taking good teams and props for playing with teams you like.

You would not get punched for taking the Penguins.

I have no problem with guys taking teams because they are good mind you.

They would just get punched once if it was in person.

Anyway we know you are a Pittsburgh guy and you never blinked when knee-capped ya.

Win it again and I'll take out the other knee and give you line 3.

By the way your Cup is in the mail.

We did the same thing growing up when we played haha. I'll be waiting by the mailbox also :)

I'm pretty sure you guys would be getting quite a few punches from me w/ all this queer holding I'm seeing in '92.

There's room for one more big bad Brutus ;) HAHAHA