NHL'94 Forums

Hi everyone!

BrYaN55

First of all, pardon me if my english is not perfect, french is my primary language

I've been reading on this forum for quite a while now, and I'm very happy to see that so many peoples love NHL 94 as much as I do. For me, this game is my adolescence. I grew up with the NHL series and played the hell out of it up until NHL 98. I never really liked the «3D NHL», as they wear not nearly as fun as the older ones for me. To this day, NHL 94 is still the king of hockey games!

Back in the days, starting with NHL 94, each year I created a small book to keep track of my stats. I played 16 games playoffs (best of 7) with different teams and wrote down my final stats. You can see the books on the picture below. These books are a big part of my life (no kidding). I've played these games so much and they were so present in my life, that for me, it is like if I had a career in some sort of virtual league. To give you an idea, in NHL 95, in one year, I did 28 playoffs of 16 games each (20 minutes period) for a total of 448 games. I did 24 playoffs in NHL 96, 14 in 97, and only 2 in 98. And now, I'm back playing NHL 94. I'm currently playing the Chicago Blackhawks in a playoffs.

NHL94%20books.jpg

NHL94books2.jpg

This is my very first playoff back in 1994.

Also, this is not to brag or anything, but I was curious to see what was the actual world record for the most goal in one game (10 minutes periods). Well, of course, I don't have any proof as I did not film myself playing, but I was able to beat it. I did took a few screenshots, but it doesn't prove anything as far as authenticity goes, but well... :D I could beat it again, but I am not really a competitive guy, I mostly play for fun.

Anyway, this forum is great and I'll try to contribute where I can :)

post-8496-0-10327200-1425038797_thumb.pn

post-8496-0-99966500-1425038798_thumb.pn

post-8496-0-01568900-1425038800_thumb.pn

post-8496-0-06956500-1425038801_thumb.pn

post-8496-0-04577000-1425038802_thumb.pn

post-8496-0-06965900-1425038803_thumb.pn

Edited by BrYaN55

Those books are possibly one of the coolest things that have ever been posted here, lol. You've reminded me that me & my friends kept sheets of results, league tables, penalties & goalscorers for our leagues. We did loads of leagues too. Those sheets must exist somewhere in my parents house still! I remember Yzerman was top scorer from a league that had DET, NYR, LA, NJD & a few others that escape me.

Welcome to the community. Hopefully we'll see you playing online soon?

finally somebody who plays twenty-minute periods. have you ever played the SNES versions of these games? if not, it could give you a whole new series to explore.

Thank for the nice comments :) And 69 goals might be a little hard to beat, I'd need some luck and a very good game to beat that.

finally somebody who plays twenty-minute periods. have you ever played the SNES versions of these games? if not, it could give you a whole new series to explore.

Yes, I've played the SNES version, but I prefer the Genesis ones.

Hey man welcome! Awesome books and records keeping. I too used to keep stats.....I still do haha. I'm currently putting together a portfolio of my past first year and time to come here on the site. Will show when its all done! Yea I'm a stats geek too! Gotta try and find my old stat books, probably also in my parents house like everyone else.

I just did 74 goals in a 30 minutes game! Well again, I have no proof of authenticity, so you'll have to take my word for it that I didn't cheat or anything.

And that's the first time in a lonnng while that my goalie is part of the three stars! In fact , I can't remember the last time it happened.

Maybe one day I'll record myself playing and send it to be accredited.

post-8496-0-29008000-1425197684_thumb.jp

post-8496-0-58228900-1425197703_thumb.jp

Edited by BrYaN55