NHL'94 Forums

Toronto Live Tournament for September 2015

halifax

:anger:

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppsssssss

My post came off as the complete opposite of what I meant. Terrible terrible wording, I am so stupid

I MEANT TO SAY that line changes should be 100% free whenever you feel like it. I meant 'it's not a big deal' as in there isn't really a need to have such a hard cap on line changes.

There's no question that you should be allowed to do it before the game, during intermissions, when an injury occurs, and when a penalty happens. Not being able to change lines then would be wacky (even though I don't really do it during penalties and stuff, BUT I SHOULD).

You should also be allowed to do it during a whistle sometimes mid period. It's reasonable to want a change of pace in the form of a new look.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ola buds,

Just wanted to say I discussed and received a lot of input from a lot of buds on rules. Some I agreed with, some I didn't and we made some adjustments to what we thought worked but ultimately I had to be the final decision maker. We have 15 minutes allocated for each game, which may seem like more than enough but that can get eaten up quickly. 10 seconds here, 10 seconds there, that adds up. There will be games going to overtime(they keep playing until there's a winner). We only have so much time and I felt this was one area that seemed reasonable to me to reduce the amount of line changes occurring in a game to keep it running a bit quicker. I was advised it would be an unpopular decision in respect to line changes and that is apparent in this thread. Certainly not to say we can look at amending (or removing this) for next year. All I can ask is that you accept it as is, respect it during game play, and use that knowledge to know what teams (in your mind) may be considered a weaker choice when picking teams or choosing from the options given and select accordingly.

Best of luck buds...really looking forward to it. 15 days to go!

So I realize this is not an exclusive NHL94Online event, but how will we spot each other? Nametags? Some of us are playing 2v2 Friday night (hopefully) - but would be a shame to come all this way and not meet everyone. Maybe an intermission rally at the bar? We need pics of the full group of attendees too.

"Lighten up Francis!"  Gotta love it.

Coach going even older school on us than I did w/ that one.I imagine it going more like this:

Edited by Brutus

We may want name tags just to make things easier in general during the tourney

I believe Mikey will have lanyards that will have first name, last initial (and forum name as well for those that have one)

This is how I imagine FRIDAY NIGHT going like:

I don't know how many times I've watched this scene but the line "I'M LISTENING TO THE F**KIN SONG!" makes me laugh every time.

Going through a divorce?? That's the BEST time to get the F- out of Dodge and hang w/ the boys!!!

Cash is hard to come by during those times, but hell, half is her's so to say, but so is half the debt. Grab a credit card & get on a plane :)

6 more days to go! We have someone outside of the 94 community offering to help with streaming the event, which is great! The schedule will be sent out Wednesday. Just finalizing some details with Smozoma's awesome excel file he created for it.

I woke up this morning to the e-mail and brackets!

Great job Halifax, Smo, AQLizard, and of course McMikey.

I shuffle off to Buffalo in 24 hours.

Super job putting this together.

:exciting:

Yeah smoz and aqua did an awesome job! And of course Mikey has made this all possible for us!

Three....

More....

Days!!!

Hey guys,

I guess no one thought the jays would be in a pennant race.. the place is going to be jam packed. Will we for sure have room???????????

Around when the Jays game starts, probably all the 94 players will be in the bar already, so I think the question is more, will the Jays fans have room? They'll probably show up and see that it's packed and leave to go to some other bar.

Getting close to tee time boys!

? for you local Toronto fellows. I'm flying into Toronto at like 9:15 am.

Since everything is so local, I'm not renting a car.

I'd planned on just grabbing a taxi, but wondered how easy/difficult it is to hop on the subway around there from airport?

Getting close to tee time boys!

? for you local Toronto fellows. I'm flying into Toronto at like 9:15 am.

Since everything is so local, I'm not renting a car.

I'd planned on just grabbing a taxi, but wondered how easy/difficult it is to hop on the subway around there from airport?

I'd recommend getting a haircut before you cross the border

I'm here boys. Had me some smooth sailing and spent a lot of time at the hhof to set the appropriate mood for the weekend. Looking forward to Kickstart the festivities tomorrow afternoon.

Don't drink all the beer before we get there bud. Just at the airport now. Annnnnnd. Boom