NHL'94 Forums

Spring'15 GENS Team Selection Draft

kingraph

I think they may be the 2nd best team in the game, only behind Detroit of course. I haven't used them very much before, but basing things off raw attributes they seem like they should be very good to me ^_^

Although your choice in Buffalo might very well be better than the Jets. I think most people would argue BUF > WPG but it's really close I think

I agree.

The thing the Jets have is Housley and two shooters with Davydov. Zhamnov is a poor man's Laffy. Teemu is almost Mogilny, but he isn't.

Davydov can really tie together a line for me. Him and Housley really seperate the Jets from the Sabres.

Would I take Davydov over Hawerchuck? Probably--- that's what throws it towards the Jets. I am a big Hawerchuck fan, it's just he adds little to the lineup.

I was between the Win, Van, and Buffalo. Before playing last season in the B with Winnipeg, I dreamed of drafting Buffalo. I've really struggled exi'ing with them so I wavered. Anyway- figured I'd kick myself for not trying a season with them. Having a better goal keeper is worth something too.

I find that Buffalo has atrocious chemistry. On paper, they are amazing -- Mogilny, Lafontaine, Hawerchuk, Svoboda, Some Fatty, Fuhr...

That's a top-5 player and two or three GDL 2nd-rounders. (does Svoboda goes in the 2nd??)

But they just don't seem to put it together somehow.

completely agree. When you look at the parts on that Buffalo lineup you would expect their output to be higher than it usually ends up being. The numbers are slightly better for Buffalo as you can see but if you changed Fuhr for either Vernon or McLean I am sure most would take them over Buffalo.

Wgt Agi Spd ShP ShA StH Pass

7 6 6 4 5 5 5 Mogilny

5 5 4 3 4 5 5 Laffer

6 5 4 3 1 5 5 Hawerchuk

5 4 4 3 0 4 3 Svboda

3 5 5 4 3 4 3 Fleury

7 4 4 4 5 4 3 Roberts

6 5 4 2 4 5 5 Makarov

7 5 4 4 2 4 4 Suter

5 5 6 4 4 5 4 Bure

5 5 5 2 3 4 4 Ronning

7 5 5 3 3 4 4 Courtnall

7 4 3 2 1 4 4 Lumme

If you master the C-B check, Pittsburgh could be a defensive juggernaut.

I've never been a C checker or too much of a defensive juggernaut at any point ever. Probably not gonna start now. I just want those gaudy AI presets.

I've never been a C checker or too much of a defensive juggernaut at any point ever. Probably not gonna start now. I just want those gaudy AI presets.

Haha, good points

Bump, team selection is over.

Play some Exis, get used to your team. Hope to get the season started soon, we just have to give Chaos some time to set up the nhl94online.com site.

Good luck everyone, looking forward to a great season.

P.S., if you are interested in being on the waitlist for B2, let me know....looks like we may haven't some spots already available! :(