NHL'94 Forums

NYC NHL'94 Tournament

Evan

Hey guys,

I was chatting with a coworker who does a monthly game night at a bar, and asked about the possibility of doing an NHL'94 tourny night. The bar they have a spot at is located at 100 3rd Ave between 12th and 13th streets in NYC, and they typically do the second Thursday of each month. I'm going to talk with the guy who runs these nights to see what can be done. They setup consoles and play video games while chatting about the gaming industry.

If we can get a night locked up to do this, who would be interested in attending (and which system Genesis/SNES)?

Thanks guys,

-Evan

Hey guys,

I was chatting with a coworker who does a monthly game night at a bar, and asked about the possibility of doing an NHL'94 tourny night. The bar they have a spot at is located at 100 3rd Ave between 12th and 13th streets in NYC, and they typically do the second Thursday of each month. I'm going to talk with the guy who runs these nights to see what can be done. They setup consoles and play video games while chatting about the gaming industry.

If we can get a night locked up to do this, who would be interested in attending (and which system Genesis/SNES)?

Thanks guys,

-Evan

I'd have to know pretty far in advance, would need to take next day off of work, but might be interested in meeting up with some, and getting my ass kicked in Gens NHL 94.

Hey guys,

Thanks guys,

-Evan

I'm down for it. I live in NY. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Quick update:

The guy who organizes the game nights is totally into the idea of doing an NHL'94 event. It sounds like June is a good month for most, so assume that this is happening sometime in June. The main thing he's going to need to know is a rough headcount. If there is a New York City Genesis AND Super Nintendo 1-night tournament sometime in June, who would probably come down? So far it sounds like a small bunch.

Thanks,

-Evan

It sounds like this would be a small group, maybe 5-10 people? It seems like mostly Gens people are showing interest or are definitely in. If anyone else would be considering attending, can you post here so we can get a sense of how many consoles we need and which ones? Right now it sounds like we only need 1 or 2 setups.

Would a Saturday night work best for everyone?

Yes, I can't commit until I know the date. a Saturday would work for me though.

Same here.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'll have to postpone this idea for now. The guy who I was hoping would help get a venue seems too busy to help out.

-Evan