NHL'94 Forums

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Mass Tour

Royameadow

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__official_boxar

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Mass Tour (MIAA 女子 ホッケー 20I5 in Japan) is a ROM hack of NHL Hockey '94 that is currently in progress by the people of Royameadow and Co., with the major work being done on it by the team's creator and Top Head Administrator, Roya Rockwood (me).
This ROM hack had undergone development at the very beginning of March of 20I5, and will be an ongoing project for a good amount of years, probably even decades; it is notable on The NHL '94 Forum as being the utmost complex and thorough of ROM hacks of NHL '94 that are available as of October 02 of 20I5, and also bears critical acclaim by members who have played and/or tested it from March to October, especially for its quick development time and strong presentation quality.

This is the first ROM hack of NHL '94 to feature the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (or MIAA, for short) being put into a video game of any form, and also the first Generation IV gaming title to introduce an All~Women's Hockey League.
It was inspired to be created thanks to the likes of famed Tewksbury/Methuen Red Rangers player Amanda Conway (Number 02, Forward), who has dominated astoundingly well in the league, having scored 0204 goals and over 0220 points in her three years with the Red Rangers since the team's debut in the 20I2~20I3 season; this ROM hack would have never been created without her influence, so even though Roya is the one who had originally created this project and has been working on it, the lot of the credit for its creation truly deserves to go to her, that is meant entirely.

Features and information of the current version of the ROM will include the following that are listed below.

~ The game will be released in 05 parts, or Volumes, as the ROM will say.
There are 086 teams in the MIAA, and only 026 Mainstream Teams can be held in the main ROM image, as well as the addition of four Major Bonus Teams, so the first four Volumes divide the teams into groups, and Volume 05 will be a Best of the 20I4~20I5 League installment.
There will be four Promoted Teams that will be in all four original Volumes, and these include the Winthrop/Lynn Bulldogs, Saint Mary's (Lynn) Spartans, Beverly/Danvers Panthers, and the Tewksbury/Methuen Red Rangers.
This is more or less because the team intends on keeping all of the teams intact, for they do not wish to delete teams from the Thirty Team ROM, and it would be rather lovely to see what little extras that could put into an Assembly Hack; the Promoted Teams are also the ones that make up each of the installments' Title Screen and Boxart (Beverly/Danvers for Volume 0I, Winthrop/Lynn for Volume 02, Saint Mary's (Lynn) for Volume 03, and Tewksbury/Methuen for Volume 04), they are the opening attractions for each Volume and represent the series in full, and are the ones who are recommended to have a go at first to get used to the way that the franchise presents itself.

~ A major graphical overhaul, primarily what may be dealt with at the current time.
Most sprites from the Thirty Team ROM remain completely intact, but have been modified for each team so that they match their official palette, based on Genesis and Megadrive standards; The Zana GX Font, originally created by ZanaGB of the Sonic Hacking scene, is being used, in place of the original NHL Hockey font; the Main Menu now scores a slightly more stylish palette and design, Ron Barr scores a new 08 colour look, based on a photo from a more recent time; each player now has a unique Hockey Stick colour for Home and Visitor palettes (rather than every team sharing the same sticks anymore), and the arena sure looks more Blue and Purple, based on what you will view; it's not perfect, but could be improved upon in later revisions.

~ Partially, a Japanese Translation.
Given that NHL '94 (Sega GS/Megadrive version) never had reached the hands of the Japanese audience, contrary to the fact that the unmodified original ROM image is indeed Region Free, this is a way of giving the game to them in its own special way.
All banners of the MIAA teams and even the Instant Replay Menu are in Japanese now; the Instant Replay Menu is known to partially glitch up the arena if you are playing with Player Records on, so do not play with User Records enabled, no matter how much you might actually want to do so.

~ Anamorphic Widescreen capabilities, of some major sort.
Now, naturally, NHL Hockey '92 to NHL '98 were not at all capable of doing this because of the way that the art direction was during their original Genesis/Megadrive versions' development.
However, with some slight tweaks to certain graphics, this is indeed possible to come to be, and although this primarily only applies to the Splash Screens, Title Screen, and parts of the arena (you might notice that each Arena Logo is a bit more narrow during gameplay, rather than how NHL '94 had badly stretched the logo images) at this current time, it looks decent for what it be, so hook your PC or console up to a Widescreen Monitor and stretch it out for a fun time!

~ There are two new Time Modes for this ROM hack.
Along with the Short Game and Original Game time settings (05 and 020 minutes, respectively), there are now the Blitz Game and Full Game settings.
Please note that the Time Estimates provided are based on my knowledge of how the timer works in Realtime.
The first estimate is how long a period will go without the whistle blown at all, and the latter of the two estimates is assuming that the whistle is blown and penalties are delivered ample liberally throughout gameplay.
~ Blitz Games are one in~game minute per period, or about 022 seconds in Realtime, if the whistle is not blown.
With an Overtime of 05 minutes (0II0 seconds in Realtime), these games are at least 04 to 07 minutes long, on average; this setting is perfect for those who wish to play the game and do not have much time to do so, at certain points, it also serves well for MIAA Women's Hockey Blitz Tournaments, in the event that any are created; it's all up to skill with this setting.
~ Full Games are intended to feel more like an official MIAA Women's Hockey game, of which is usually about 060 to 090 minutes, according to the games that the development team have viewed over the past matter of years.
Exclusive to the Volume 0I Demo, Rise of the North Shore, the periods were 050 in~game minutes (0I8 muntues and 020 seconds to 025 minutes), so completing one would take about 055 to 065 minutes, on average.
All other releases of this hack have the Full Game setting set to the length of 099 minutes per period (036 minutes and 0I8 seconds to 050 minutes of gameplay per period).
Given such a massive length of gameplay for this setting, this means that Full Games would take about 0I08 minutes and 054 seconds to as long as 03 hours, feeling more like the length of an official NHL game, including all of the time that commercial breaks and the Halftime Commentary Show use up, of course.

~ Extra Bugfixes and Features.
Bugfixes and structural changes created by SWOS, Clockwise, Kaneda, and Smozoma, among plentiful others, will be noticeable.
These fixes and features include Smozoma's Randomized Stats fix for the players who get either a Hot or Cold at the Matchups screen, Six Button Support provided by Clockwise and Kaneda's Goalie Button Patch is now present, SWOS and Smozoma's Music Hacking Guide has now been used to change the sound and mood of the music, and the newer Sprite Patch is also here to modify the sprites of the players and the arena even further, making this title ever more complete in the process of it; these changes are significant to the overall experience of this title, and they truly will be noticeable while taking it on, the players of the game will be able to play with ever more ease and stability, not having as many troubles as one might have in revisions prior.

Screenshots of all Volumes may be viewed below.
They will more than likely be switched if newer builds produce significant visual changes than what is currently being presented.

Volume 0I:

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00c) (with Sprite Patch) - Copy_002.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00c) (with Sprite Patch) - Copy_001.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00c) (with Sprite Patch) - Copy_003.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00c) (with Sprite Patch) - Copy_004.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00c) (with Sprite Patch) - Copy_005.png

Volume 02:

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_000.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_008.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_009.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_010.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_011.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_012.png

Well, for those of you who love a good yet corny I99X style commercial to go with a video game, here be the Launch Trailer that I had made for it.
More Launch Trailers will become available as the other Demos and Volumes are released.

~ Launch Trailer (Rise of the North Shore Demo):

~ Launch Trailer (Volume 0I plus Tournament Edition):

Preview footage of certain changes to gameplay will be available below.
This is for those that would like to take a look at some of the things that this hack has to offer.

~ Blitz Mode: 06 on 06 Battle Demonstration:

~ Palette Modification, "Hot" and "Cold" Japanese Translation, Remixed Music, and Extended Commentary at the Matchups Screen:

Known issues (All Volumes):
~ Roster Crash (Main Menu) The game will crash if left at the Main Menu with select teams (Methuen, especially) for long enough that the Player Names and their photos show up.
Please switch through the MIAA teams as fast as possible for now; if a bugfix is ever made for dealing with this problem, then this issue will be deleted from the list.
~ Player Card Crash (Post~Game): On very rare occasion, playing a game with certain teams will trigger a glitch in the way that the Player Cards register after the Third Period or Overtime is over, causing a crash on random cards.
Please avoid this if possible; if a bugfix for this is ever made, then I will delete this from the list accordingly.
~ The Sweet Rave Party at Home (Main Menu Logo Colouring): I intentionally did this.
Certain teams have the "Hyper Sonic" effect, in which their Home Logo palette will match the Visitors' Banner palette.
If that is requested to be modified, then I will do so accordingly for Revision 00.
~ Blood is Back! (In~game experience): Blood has been (somewhat) implemented into the game for the first time since that NHL '94 Blood Hack that was released over a decade ago.
The blood is only triggered during a Periodical Injury and not a Full Game Injury, making this kind of reminiscent of what NHLPA Hockey '93 had at the time.
The blood is not perfect though, its colour will vary based on each individual team's palette.
The Waltham Hawks in Volume 0I are the best team to experiment with the Red Blood, while teams such as the Matignon Warriors and Duxbury Dragons (Part 0I) will probably use either Green or Black, for example.

Downloads will be available below.
Because there will be multiple releases, there will be multiple links; each link will become available upon the release of the next build.
Feel more than free to make mirror links from these, if you desire to, anything to help preserve the hack in any form possible.

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__volume_0i_boxa

Volume 0I: The Mass Tour

~ Rise of the North Shore Demo (Alpha Release) (Finalization Date: March 025 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/innj3dx79icn5w7/MIAA_Women's_Hockey_20I5_~__Volume_0I;_The_Mass_Tour_(Beta)_(UEJ)_[!]_(May_0I0_of_20I5).rar
~ Second Beta Release (Finalization Date: May 030 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/6rvscbncfoiff6d/MIAA_Women's_Hockey_20I5_~_Volume_0I;_The_Mass_Tour_(JUE)_[!]_(Revision_00).rar
~ Revision 00a (Finalization Date: July 04 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/yeby7v37nw6awnw/MIAA_Women%27s_Hockey_20I5_%7E_Volume_0I%3B_The_Mass_Tour_%28JUE%29_%5B%21%5D_%28Revision_00a%29.rar
Revision 00a repairs the logo for the Waltham Hawks and Falmouth Clippers, and fixes any typos that are either in menus or Player Names, as well as upgrades the arena graphics to adapt more towards the modern NHL arenas, give or take a few details that still need to be put in.
Any other graphical kinks in text and the arena palette~wise have also been dealt with in this revision, thus delivering a somewhat more desirable view of the game in certain areas.
~ Revision 00b (Finalization Date: July 025 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/yp6qinsiht040nz/MIAA_Women%27s_Hockey_20I5_%7E_Volume_0I%3B_The_Mass_Tour_%28JUE%29_%5B%21%5D_%28Revision_00b%29.rar
Revision 00b repairs some rough edges in the menus' palettes and also fixes unmodified statistics.
The St. Mary's (Lynn) Spartans are also completely fixed, now having all of its players and newly accurate jersey numbers.

~ Revision 00c (Finalization Date: September 027 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/stma9dkdbwkv0dg/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5+~+Volume+0I%3B+The+Mass+Tour+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00c%29.rar

Revision 00c is the current template for subequent builds of the series, as well as for future projects by the team.

This version of Volume 0I overhauls a lot of things: The 20II~20I2 Wilmington Wildcats now have a complete roster, the Sprite Patch has been officially implemented, Six Button Controller Support by Clockwise and Kaneda is now present, information on player lines has been extended for those who will be playing Six on Six Battle games, and the game now has remixed music and organ tracks; all versions of the series beyond this release will be using this template, so now your gameplay will feel a little more optimized in feel and structure.

Promoted Player on the Boxart: Kristen McCarthy, Number 05 of the Beverly Danvers Panthers, and the team's Alternate Captain for the 20I4~20I5 season.

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__volume_02_boxa

Volume 02: Skaters of the East West

~ Battle of the Bay State Demo (Finalization Date: July 025 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ac87zapiy61qse7/MIAA_Women's_Hockey_20I5%3B_Battle_of_the_Bay_State_Demo_(JUE)_[!].rar
~ Revision 00 (Finalization Date: October 0I of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/o51g1f6hmotvgcn/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5+~+Volume+02%3B+Skaters+of+the+East+West+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00%29.rar

~ Special Caroline Brewer Edition:

Promoted Players on the Boxart: Annie Mahoney and Caroline McKinnon, Number 0I0 and 0II of the Winthrop/Lynn Bulldogs.

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__volume_03_boxa

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__volume_03_boxa

Volume 03: Hockey Pilgrims

~ Revision 00: Link will become present upon release.
~ In~House Nas Edition: Link will become available upon release.

Promoted Players on the Boxart: Lauren Skinnion, Number 030 of the Saint Mary's (Lynn) Spartans from 20II to 20I4, Brittany McPherson, Number 035 of the Spartans from 20I2 to 20I7, and Emily Stephenson, formerly Number 03 (now Number 0I) of the Spartans from 20I3 to 20I7 (exclusive to Volume 03's alternate boxart).

Volume 04: Lady Hockey Heroes

Promoted Player on the Boxart: Amanda Conway, Number 02 of the Tewksbury/Methuen Red Rangers from 20I2 to 20I5.

Volume 05: Bay State All~Stars (Best of the 20I4~20I5 League)

Given that I do intend to extend this game far beyond the normal standards of the original 05 Volumes, you will also be obtaining the following installments later on.
You might view these coming towards your emulator a few months following SHC (not including the latter two installments, those might take a matter of years, depending on how things go from Late August in the NHL scene), so do stay tuned for these to come at some point in Future~Time.

miaa_women_s_hockey_20i5__te_boxart_by_r

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: Tournament Edition

Note: The Tournament Edition of MIAA 20I5 is a series of ROM Hacks of NHLPA Hockey '93, delivering to you the same experience as the original game but using '93's mechanics and structure.
This version of the game has slightly modified stats for each team, as it uses the 0I5 Statistic Number system rather than the original's 06 Number system; it is also a way for those who would rather play '93, as opposed to '94, to have such an opportunity, so that way, players have the best of both worlds in this series.

~ Volume 0I (Revision 00) (Original Finalization Date: September 0I4 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ownpp1gs8qrfvbv/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5%3B+Tournament+Edition+~+Volume+0I+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00%29.rar

~ Volume 0I (SHC Build) (Finalization Date: September 027 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7jddb6w3hxkkab/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5%3B+Tournament+Edition+~+Volume+0I+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00%29+%28SHC+Build%29.rar
~ Volume 0I (Revision 00a): Link will become available upon release.
~ Volume 02: Link will become available upon release.
~ Volume 03: Link will become available upon release.
~ Volume 04: Link will become available upon release.
~ Volume 05: Link will become available upon release.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ 02 on 02: Hardcore and Personal

Note: This installment will have each team in 02 on 02 form, with each player line set with the players and goalies who have the highest statistics.
Now, the difficulty level might be ample high due to this, especially with players such as Amanda Conway and Jane Farrell having a Player Rating of 0I20, but if you know what you are doing against Max Rating players, then please do not be alarmed by this by any probable means.
All 05 Volumes of Hardcore and Personal will not have new teams, they will instead be created from Volumes 0I to 05, respectively.
in the event that difficulty balances need to be made to assure that no team is too weak, then I will have done so accordingly.

~ Volume 0I: Link will become available upon release.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ 06 on 06: The Blitz Tour

Note: This installment will be dedicated towards exactly what the ROM states: Pure and speedy 06 on 06 gameplay with only a short amount of time to endure the odds of lacking a goalie to defend your net.
All teams will not have their goalies in play, thus bringing out the Extra Attacker for the 06 on 06 battles; the timer will also not go any shorter than 030 in~game seconds (0II seconds without the whistle blown) and no longer than 02 in~game minutes (044 seconds without the whistle), thus resulting in faster gameplay and the utmost powerful of outcomes, especially against teams with a higher difficulty.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden (020 Team Tournament ROM)

Note: This installment will deliver to you the top 0I6 teams of the MIAA that would compete for their spot in The Super 08 Tournament.
Originally, Division 0I and Division 02 had done their respective tournaments separately, with Division 0I having 022 teams, and Division 02 having 025; Single Elimination Preliminary Matches were done with the bottom 0I2 teams of Division 0I and the bottom 0I8 teams of Division 02 to assure that there were only a Top 0I6 going into the main playoffs, of which would be Single Elimination games up to the finals at their respective arenas, and the final game would be a Best of 03 series that would take place at TD Banknorth Garden, home of the Boston Bruins.
Of course, however, NHL '94 is not made with Preliminary Matches or teams having multiple arenas in mind, so instead, The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden will only deliver to you the Top 0I6 of Division 0I and the Top 0I6 of Division 02 for Volumes 0I and 02, respectively; Volume 03 will be a ROM that delivers to you the teams that made it to the Quarterfinals in both playoffs, even though this never actually happened in the official MIAA tournament series, this is just so that those that wonder what could have come from this tournament with this What If? Scenario may obtain some closure on that topic; Volume 04 will be based on the Player Ratings for the Top 0I6 of Volume 05, consider this to be a Bonus ROM of sorts from me.
The four Bonus Teams from Revision 00 of Volume 05 will be playable outside of the Playoff Mode, and since my sprite editing skills are currently unable to replicate the MIAA Women's Hockey Trophy properly, the teams will instead be aiming to get Lord Stanley's Cup; the Original Game time setting will instead be referred to as the Tournament Game time setting, and that will be 0I5 in~game minutes (0330 to 0500 seconds) per period, which is the MIAA standard for all of their actual games, that is being done for accuracy purposes.

In the event that you are legitimately curious about who had won the actual MIAA Women's Hockey Tournaments on March 0I5 of 20I5 at TD Banknorth Garden, then I will gladly tell you that the Reading Rockets had gone to win it all against the Acton~Boxborough Colonials with a 03 to 00 final score in the Division 0I finals, and the Falmouth Clippers had obtained their trophy defeating the Wellesley Raiders with a score of 03 to 02 in Overtime for Division 02.
I will gladly re~enact those games whenever I get the opportunity, those truly were games to witness on screen or in person, if possible.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Complete Experience

Note: This installment will only be created if a 0I00 (or more) Team ROM is to ever be created and available to work from.
The Complete Experience will be the ROM to combine all of the teams from Volumes 0I to 05 of the original release, so that those installments may become obsoleted; this ROM would also include the Bonus Teams from Volume 04 and 05, as well as an extra team to fill in for Team Slot 0I00, of which might be a Maximum Difficulty Challenge for the casual players; in the event that I am able to implement things from Hardcore and Personal or The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden, then do expect those to be in the game as well, although I would probably have to know how to extend the ROM for that first, but I digress.
Given that a 0I00 Team ROM does not exist, please do not expect this installment to be worked on anytime soon, especially not following the Revision 00 releases, I will work on this if it ever becomes a reality though.
In the event that this is ever created and finalized, then the below installment will be created as well.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 HD: The Definitive Experience (Sega CD and Super 032X)

Note: As mentioned above, MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 HD: The Definitive Experience will only become a reality if MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Complete Experience is ever possible to create and complete.
This will be the Definitive Edition of the game, scoring all 099 teams from Volumes 0I to 05, and if possible, probably a few extras to the mix of things as well.
There are plentiful major features and changes that I will gladly add into this version of the game, such as adding in features from NHL Hockey '92 to NHL '98, as well as true Anamorphic Widescreen capabilities and even Play~by~Play Commentary by means of the then free DAC channel and the Sega CD's Mode 0I capabilities, in the event that it is ever created, but I do not want to get far too ahead of myself right now, so I will just say to please hold your applause for the project until the creation and release of what would become the true final version of MIAA 20I5.
Once this gem is finalized and released, I feel that this title will be as complete as it will probably ever have to be, I do not feel as if anything else will have to be done to this title beyond that point aside from making sequels from it; this final version will more than likely be the optimal quality hockey title that the Generation IV consoles will ever view, and wishfully, many people will continue to play it for many decades to come, The Definitive Experience will be my masterpiece at that respective time, in the event that it be ever created, the only thing that will top it will be a sequel or update.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Bulk Set

This is a compressed file that delivers to you the recent builds of every installment (including Special Editions) available, this file will be updated whenever a new installment is released.

This will allow for those that want to get every title together, rather than alone, so that way, they are not missing anything from the series one single bit; as of May of 20I7, this bulk set will be expanded upon to have all major and/or publicly released prototype builds and promotional media present for the sake of keeping all the ROM images in one place, please refer to this link at around that time and beyond if this is your first time downloading from here to assure that you have virtually every copy that you must.

~ Download Link (ZIP): http://www.mediafire.com/download/psj1du99hti2oo7/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5%3B+The+Bulk+Set.zip

Credits (Original Series):

~ Roya Rockwood (me): Project Creator, Sprite Editor, Text Editor, Technical Direction, Japanese Translation, Roster Editor, Player Ratings, Gameplay Testing, Researcher, and Executive in Charge of Production.
~ Hailey Martin: Alpha Version Testing.
~ Amanda Conway: Influence for the ROM hack's creation.
~ Wboy: Sprite Editor and Player Cards.
~ Smozoma: Hacking Assistance, Advice, and Bugfixes.
~ SWOS: Music Hacking Guidance.
~ Clockwise: Production of Gameplay and Graphical Patches.
~ Kaneda: Production of Six Button Support.
~ Ana Gallardo (ZanaGB): Creator of The Zana GX Font: Volume 0I & II.
~ Nikki Lizotte: Concept Direction and Behind the Scenes Assistance.
~ The MIAA: Team Logos.
~ MyHockey LIVE: Providing of the Player Rosters.

Special Thanks to:

~ NHLPA93EASN: Technical Advice.
~ Wboy: Creation of NHL '94: The Thirty Team ROM.
~ Smozoma: Creation of select utilities used for this project.
~ Luna Marie: Extra motivation to work on the project.
~ Hailey Martin: Personal review of the Volume 0I Demo.
~ Kingraph: Technical Advice.
~ Destiny White: Top recommender for the return of blood caused from injuries, this was well desired by her.
~ The Players of the Hack: Of course, those that play the hack deserve my thanks.
After all, it is a ROM hack for an audience. (:
~ NHL94.com and its beloved forum: Pretty much for everything that I have learned here in almost a month of being here on the forum.
~ The Players of the MIAA: I might not know the lot of them personally, but hey, this hack is for them as well.
I am forever glad to be working on this in dedication to them.
~ Amanda Conway: Once more, this ROM hack would not exist without her influence.
She is truly the primary reason for this project's creation, she deserves all of the possible praise for this and her merit.
~ And you!: Both for having a view of this topic and/or playing the hack.
Any attention to this is well appreciated.

Credits (Tournament Edition):

~ Roya Rockwood (me): Project Creator, Sprite Editor, Text Editor, Technical Direction, Japanese Translation, Roster Editor, Player Ratings, Gameplay Testing, Researcher, and Executive in Charge of Production.
~ Hailey Martin: Alpha Version Testing.
~ Amanda Conway: Influence for the ROM hack's creation.
~ Wboy: Creator of NHLPA Hockey '93: Thirty Team ROM.
~ Smozoma: Hacking Assistance, Advice, and Bugfixes.
~ Slapshot67: Expansion of the editing liberties for NHLPA Hockey '93: Thirty Team ROM.
~ Ana Gallardo (ZanaGB): Creator of The Zana GX Font: Volume 0I & II.
~ Nikki Lizotte: Concept Direction and Behind the Scenes Assistance.
~ The MIAA: Brand Concept.
~ MyHockey LIVE and MassHS Hockey: Providing of the Player Rosters.

Special Thanks to:

~ NHLPA93EASN: Technical Advice.
~ Wboy: Creation of NHLPA Hockey '93: The Thirty Team ROM.
~ Smozoma: Creation of select utilities used for this project.
~ Luna Marie: Extra motivation to work on the project.
~ Hailey Martin: Personal review of the Volume 0I Demo.
~ Kingraph: Technical Advice.
~ The Players of the Hack from the Forum: Of course, those that play the hack deserve the thanks.
After all, it is a ROM hack for an audience, it would not be here without them. (:
~ NHL94.com and its beloved forum: Pretty much for everything that was learned there in almost a month of being here on the forum.
~ The Players of the MIAA: Those here in Royameadow and Co. might not know the lot of them personally, but hey, this hack is for them as well.
We are forever glad to be working on this in dedication to them, they truly do deserve it.
~ Amanda Conway: Once more, this ROM hack would not exist without her influence.
She is truly the primary reason for this project's creation, she deserves all of the possible praise for this and her merit.
~ And you!: Both for having a view of this topic and/or playing the hack.
Any attention to this is well appreciated at all points in time.

Wishfully, I hope that you folks will follow this ROM hack, as I work more on it.
MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 will be a lovely title to play in wherever your computer or console is, once this project is entirely completed; I truly will be glad once it is all ready for you to play, it be all for you in the long run.

Stay tuned to this project's thread for further updates, as I work more on the project.
There will be much to view, as the months and years go by, it's Women's Hockey at its finest! (:

Edited by Royameadow
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~  Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (Beta) (UEJ) [!] (May 0I0 of 20I5)_000.png

The First Beta Release is now available.

A list of modifications are listed below.

~ This build has modified the graphics a little further, now including a slightly better redesigned Main Menu, as well as new screens, Ron Barr looks better with 08 colours, and Team Banners have shinier text.

~ Difficulty balances have been done to the Beverly Panthers and Methuen Red Rangers.

Methuen is far more aggressive, while Beverly has obtained stronger levels of Checking.

~ Unlike what you happen to be viewing above, the NFHS logo at the title screen has been replaced with the logo for MyHockey LIVE.

~ Blood has returned for the first time since the NHL '94 Blood Hack from over a decade ago.

The blood, however, is visually faulty, based on who you are playing as; play as a team with a Red unifom (the Waltham Hawks, especially), if you want more accurate blood colours.

~ The 09 teams that were planned for Volume 0I are all imported and fully playable.

All added teams are from the Division 0I portion of the league; Division 02 will be added completely for the Second Beta Release, and Revision 00 will deal with those Bonus Team slots that you see there.

You may download Volume 0I Beta from the beginning of the thread, listed right below the Rise of the North Shore Demo link.

Feel free to deliver feedback, if you have anything that you would like to bring up, truly will be appreciated. (:

Edited by Royameadow

• 3 weeks later...

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~  Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (Beta) (UEJ) [!] (May 030 of 20I5)_000.png

The Second Beta for Volume 0I is complete and ready to download and play.

I was originally not intending to release two Beta copies for Volume 0I, but it was able to get me to optimize certain things in the graphics and a few other things here and there, so perhaps it was for the best that the completed Volume 0I Beta had gotten a 0I month delay.

Additions and modifications of Volume 0I (Second Beta) include the following:

~Optimized Title Screen Logo Design.

The MIAA and MyHockey LIVE logos are far shinier to have at least ten colours, obsoleting prior logo designs from Rise of the North Shore Demo and Volume 0I (First Beta).

~ Further statistical tweaks have been made towards RotNS and First Beta’s teams, resulting in difficulty balances and easier control amongst the games' complete roster.

~ The Japanese Translation has been gone into a little more, although it is not much at this time.

Textures for the Hot and Cold sprites at Ron Barr’s Commentary screen, as well as the Hockey Night text, have been translated properly.

~ Team Ratings have been properly edited up for each team.

These numbers, however, are able to be rendered as contradictory due to the way that each team truly is during the in~game experience.

Methuen, for example, is actually one of the best teams in the game because of their 0I2/00 record in their own division and 0I4/04/0I record in the entirety of Division 02, which is relatively better than at least 087% of the league.

Their Team Rating is low because it was based solely on the mean value of the Player Ratings when added up and divided by how many players (goalies included) are in the team; do bear this fact in mind while playing, as it could confuse some players, especially if they are having a hard time playing as a team with a Team Rating that is higher than 080.

~ The Wilmington Wildcats are considered a Bonus Team in Volume 0I.

MyHockey LIVE did not have their 20I4~20I5 roster, so you will instead be playing as their 20II~20I2 counterparts, starring a 02I or 022 year old Jane Farrell and her posse of teammates from that season, all whom are now Seniors in Wilmington or Freshman or Sophomores in college, at the original time of this post.

The 20II~20I2 Wildcats have a 093 Team Rating and all of the players have a rating starting from at least 0I00 or 0I02, while the then Freshman (now Senior) Goalies, Bridget Santos and Shelby McHugh, are at 095 and 097, respectively. Play against them at your own risk.

As a Bonus Team, they truly are capable of being brutal at times; take them for a spin if you want a challenge!

Volume 02 and 03’s Demos, Battle of the East State and Hockey Pilgrims, will be worked on next, those will have complete rosters for the other 040 teams in the MIAA that I’ve yet to touch at this time.

Revision 00 will have to wait until I am able to complete Volume 03 because we are nearing the deadline that MyHockey LIVE will change their rosters to the 20I5~20I6 season, and I do not want to have those games become incomplete due to that.

Volume 04 and MIAA 20I5 Specials will not be worked on until I am able to get Volume 02 and 03 done either, so for now, I will be dedicating my work solely to getting those completed.

All Volumes in their Revision 00 form are anticipated for a Late August release, as a part of the first annual Sega Homebrew Competition, so in the event that you are wondering when I will get to working on Revision 00, following the Demo Releases that you are getting on here, then expect them to be available then; I will do everything within my power and ability to get everything intact before the deadline is reached, anything to assure that you folks are completely satisfied with the end results in full.

With that said, enjoy the Second Beta for Volume 0I, available above in the links.

In the event that you have any questions and/or feedback that you would love to deliver, then please do say what you must, nothing will be left unnoticed.

Enjoy! (:

Edited by Royameadow

• 3 weeks later...

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 0I; The Mass Tour (JUE) [!] (Revision 00) (0I)_001.png

Complete with the feel of Royameadow: Generation 0I, Revision 00 has been made available for Volume 0I.

Originally, I was intending to release it first at the first annual Sega Homebrew Competition, but given that I had to deal with specific details in Volume 0I before getting to Volume 02 to 05, I had felt that this was necessary to finish up and get out before releasing a later Volume with such changes, so this will not be a trouble in the long run for the project, I am positive.

Volume 0I (Revision 00) introduces five minor and major modifications.

~ Palette corrections for Volume 0I have been defined now.

The Main Menu and all team logos do not have any improper colours anymore.

~ The Medway/Ashland Mustangs and Duxbury Dragons now have their entire rosters implemented.

Originally, I had only had half of each team in Volume 0I (Second Beta) because of my prior lack of knowledge on the Arrange Free Bytes feature that editors may use in NOSE to add in more players based on the amount of free bytes left.

Medway, however, has 027 players, one more than the game engine allows you to insert into any roster.

Due to this flaw in the game, Caroline Smith of the Mustangs had to be drafted to the Martha's Vineyard Vineyarders; do bear this in mind, while you are playing this, Caroline is a worthy player indeed, it just be a shame that she had to be drafted to another team in this ROM due to data restraints.

The Complete Experience and MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 HD: The Definitive Experience will expand the game to store more than 026 players per team, in order to assure that Caroline Smith is on the correct team, I promise that this will be dealt with at that point in time.

~ Player Ratings have been properly fixed.

I had apparently gotten the improper mean values for each team in Volume 0I (Second Beta), so I had to fix that; all numbers are where they are supposed to be now, and will only be modified for the Post~Season installments, which will include Volume 05 and The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden.

~ Player Card orders have also been fixed.

You will not crash right away at the Main Menu this time around; teams that will still crash the game at the Main Menu are those who do not have 020 or more players in their roster, do bear that in mind.

Lastly, there are four major Bonus Teams that will be in all of the ROM images beyond this point.

Those four teams are all ranked at 099, and they happen to have rosters based on those that I have known over the years; you may read up a little bit on them and their playing setup below.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Royameadow Royans Logo.png

~ Team Name: Royameadow Royans (Generation 0I).

~ Arena: Home Base (2008).

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Human): Balanced.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Computer): Balanced.

~ Starting Lineup: The Top Head and Co~Heads of Royameadow: Generation 0I (as of May of 20I7).

The Generation 0I Royameadow Royans are what had started it all.

This is a set of 026 of the best to have existed within Royameadow and Co. during the Generation 0I phase of the team, myself included, and are considerably some of the group's most notable; they are also some of my utmost major influences and closest friends of the generation, and given their positive sense of prosperity and merit around me, I had felt that it be only proper to pay tribute to them in one of the ways that I happen to know of best: implementing them into a ROM hack of my own creation.

Royameadow: Generation 0I is considered a Balanced team, when compared to the other 029.

As a Level 099 team, the Royans are utmost powerful in coordination; they have some of the best Pass and Shot Accuracy, and are not overly aggressive or defensive; basically, we make a decent flow of gameplay for Legend and Master level players.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; BrainScratch Commies Logo.png

~ Team Name: BrainScratch Commies.

~ Arena: Skype Call.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Human): Advanced.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Computer): Moderately Hard.

~ Starting Lineup: The creators and top folk in BrainScratch Comms.

The BrainScratch Commies are the people who made the scene of BrainScratch Commentaries what it happens to be today.

Now, do not let the name fool you, as BSC is, in no particular way, a group of communists; these gaming commentators (commies, for short) have been going at it since April 04 of 2009, recording games and talking over them (as well as talking over shows and movies, occasionally), as well as developing artwork for their respective channel on YouTube; I have been a part of the BrainScratch scene since as early as May of 2009, so I am considered one of the legends of the scene as a result, they are the reason that my gaming life had excelled tenfold from 20I0 to now, and they are debatably some of the best folks that I have known up to now; give them a view, whenever you are more than able to, they will be more than glad to have your reception and support. (:

BrainScratch Comms is considered the heaviest team in the game, and that is what will serve as your highest level of difficulty when playing against them.

With at least 06 players rocking the 0200+ pound mark, they are ultimately and completely capable of wiping the floor with the regular teams, and they are also able to give your team the beatdown; their Roughness levels are some of the highest, especially for the heavier players, so do tread carefully, if you are playing against them; they will especially give you a hard time in Blitz Mode, I kid you not, do play strongly if you have to duke out with them in Playoff Mode under such a situation, you will require it.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Sonic Retro Hackers Logo.png

~ Team Name: Sonic Retro Hackers.

~ Arena: Retro Channel.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Human): Advanced.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Computer): Balanced.

~ Starting Lineup: The more notable folks of all generations of the Sonic Hacking scene.

The Sonic Retro Hackers are a group of famed ROM hackers from all generations of the Sonic Hacking scene, spanning from folks such as Cyan Helkaraxe and Esrael to modern revolutionizers such as Stealth and Markey Jester.

These folks have been working on ROM hacks, ports, PC mods, and Disassemblies, among other things, since the Late I99X decade, and they are the reason why I had undergone ROM hacking of Genesis and Megadrive titles as early as August of 2006; they truly do present their skill and ability at all times, and if you have yet to know about what they do, then go to Sonic Retro, Sonic Games Dimension, SSRG, and plentiful other sites where they thrive strongly upon.

Sonic Retro is a team that is primarily based on Sonic the Hedgehog's setup: They are a team that is filled to the rim with purely strong and unadulterated agility and speed.

Because of this truth, it is best for an Advanced player to give them a go, especially if you folks intend on using them for any tournaments and/or leagues that you make out of this title; for a fun time, put them up against the slowest teams, you will score ridiculously with them that way.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; NHL '94 Forum Logo.png

~ Team Name: NHL94.com Forum

~ Arena: NHL Forums League Arena.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Human): Easy.

~ Gameplay Difficulty (Computer): Critically Hard.

~ Starting Lineup: You will have to play to find out!

The NHL '94 Forum is a forum that is dedicated to the entire NHL scene as a whole, primarily with NHL Hockey '94 being their basis for the forum and main area of discussion.

Having been around for a rather lengthy amount of time, the forum has delivered lovely discussion on the NHL Hockey series as a whole; they have delivered to us plentiful utilities and ROM hacks to entertain us where EA Sports just could not do so; without their influence and their knowledge, this ROM hack would have never been created, so I feel that it only feels completely mandatory and proper to have them be a bonus team as a result; players will include those that are either notable or have a massively high post count on here, I truly hope that you folks enjoy this Bonus Team due to that.

The NHL94.com Forum is considered to be a mixture of Royameadow, BrainScratch, and Sonic Retro's gameplay types, so they have the easiest time learning how to play as.

They also rock that lovely Jaws Theme organ cue to give them far more intensity against their opponents, you are rarely ever able to lose a game whenever you are playing as them; unlike the other major Bonus Teams, the Forum is the team that will rack up the penalties far faster than any other team in the game, and you will notice this expressively in Full Game Mode, where you could get tens to hundreds of penalties as them per game, truly is a sight and experience to view; either way, they are completely well worth your time, you will always have a fun time playing as the NHL '94 Forum in this title at all times, no matter how you play your game.

And that is about it for Volume 0I, I could get into Volumes 02 to 04 right away.

Wishfully, the addition of the game revisions and major Bonus Teams will be able to allow you to feel entertained while you wait for the later installments to come out; I have a lot of work to do to get the other four Volumes ready for SHC, so do expect me to take my time with this for as long as probable.

For those who are wondering how Demos in Volumes 02 to 04 will be, those will basically just have the Division 0I teams for that Volume, but have the remaining teams from the prior Volume so that Playoff Mode and team diversity still remain to be completely functional without error.

Given that I will be able to work on this faster, since we are now approaching what I love to refer to as Summer Madness, do expect these demos to be released faster than how I had handled Volume 0I, you will get them in far quicker succession from here, I guarantee that entirely.

With that said, enjoy the now complete Volume 0I, I truly hope that you will enjoy it.

As always, you may get it from the link in the Downloads section in the first post above; in the event that you have any questions about the game or even the major Bonus Teams, then by all means, please do pose your questions below, I am more than glad to respond to you and answer any questions that you have.

Anywho, enjoy!

Edited by Royameadow
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Overnight, I had released Revision 00a of Volume 0I, something that I had known was well required, after having had to review what was wrong with the original Revision 00.

I wanted to make sure that I had done this before getting to other Volumes, as the primary template for certain graphics, as well as accuracy fixes, were absolutely mandatory before going over to the next installments of the series, so I am glad that I am doing this now rather than later.

Revision 00a of Volume 0I delivers the following changes to the ROM image:

~ Name Spelling and Numbering Corrections.

All names of the players and their jerseys (except for the 20II~20I2 Wilmington Wildcats) have been fixed and are 099.9999997% accurate; if there are any incorrect names and jersey numbers, then they will be fixed in a later revision, and also for The Complete Experience.

~ Arena Template Upgrading.

The arena now has extra lining around the edges and a changed box for where the commentators in the modern templates are supposed to be.

At this time, I am unable to do a tile for tile edit of the arena in full, so that it matches the modern arena template for the game, so this will be the current best that will be delivered from myself on this for now.

~ Logo Fixes.

The I972 Waltham Hawks logo at the Main Menu has been repaired to apply more towards its delivered palette; the logos for the Haverhill Hillies and Falmouth Clippers have also been fixed for better visual accuracy with their given palettes, and also to fix any rough edges.

All logos look exactly as they were originally intended to be at this time.

~ Penalty Box Text Colour Correction.

The Japanese text for "# Penalty" has been fixed, all colours and shading are now properly accurate with the arena's primary palette, no more improper colouring here.

You may download Revision 00a from the first post, or you may do so from the below link.

~ Volume 0I: Revision 00a (Finalization Date: July 04 of 20I5): http://www.mediafire.com/download/yeby7v37nw6awnw/MIAA_Women's_Hockey_20I5_~_Volume_0I;_The_Mass_Tour_(JUE)_[!]_(Revision_00a).rar

As always, in the event that you wish to talk about this game or if you have any questions about it, then just deliver your thoughts in a comment, and I will get back to you as soon as I view it.

Until then though, Volume 02 is next to come out, so enjoy this revision to Volume 0I for now, and do stay tuned! (:

Edited by Royameadow

This looks pretty awesome I must say.

And looks like a ton of hard work was put into it, good stuff.

I don't get the three digits for everything and the point of Japanese...lol

cool to see a massachusetts rom, i was in the miaa in high school but for track. rom looks nice though, ill have to try it out.

Glad that you like it.

I appreciate the positive reception. (:

Track, you say?

Very lovely; the only time that I had ever done Track or Cross Country was during Autumn of 2008 for Thurgood Marshall Junior High, I never was able to get a high position at the end of each race due to the length of the courses (they were all two or three laps each) and my stamina at the time was rather low, but I did have the highest level of agility of the bunch, probably would have done well in a Short Dash or Relay Race if I had done Track in Senior High, who knows? (:

This looks pretty awesome I must say.

And looks like a ton of hard work was put into it, good stuff.

I don't get the three digits for everything and the point of Japanese...lol

The fact that I was able to make Volume 0I look as graphically beautiful and close to MIAA accurate within a few months is truthfully astounding even to yours truly.

I might be an Intermediate level ROM hacker, but I will admit that I was a Novice with NHL '94 back at the beginning of March, so I am glad that I could get this up and available as quickly as I had.

Most of the extensive work was actually finding and applying the proper palettes to all of the menus and logos, those had taken some moderate to extensive understanding of the proper palette offsets, as well as which colours mixed and matched properly with each sprite in each palette, especially to get the menu text looking proper without looking uneven.

Players with Triple Digits for their ratings indicate that they are the major players of the team; Promoted Teams (Beverly, Lynn, St. Mary's, and Methuen) have high ratings for the best players (Amanda Conway, especially, as she is the best player for this season), and all of the Bonus Teams will have higher ratings because they are from prior seasons, thus meaning that their level of power is higher than the others (the 20II~20I2 Wilmington Wildcats, for example, everybody is in their Late Teens or Early 020s now, so for obvious reasons, they have their stats boosted up the roof, presenting their superiority in power); the four Major Bonus Teams (Royameadow, BrainScratch, Sonic Retro, and NHL94.com) all have above 0I07 for a player rating to present that these are the ones that deliver a major challenge, they are basically this game's alternative to the EA Sports and THQ: Angry Legion Bonus Teams from NHL '98, made some decent sense to do.

As for the Japanese, the Genesis/Megadrive version of NHL '94 did not get an official Japanese translation, and I do intend on doing that at some point for future installments.

It also had allowed me to learn how to work with the palette of the scoreboard and arena, as you might notice that all of the text bears ample amounts of shine, and for what it be worth, it looks decently well, it truly looks more far appealing than the flat text that we would view for the banners and in~game text in other ROM hacks that we have viewed up to now. (:

Edited by Royameadow

• 3 weeks later...

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Battle of the Bay State Demo (JUE) [!] - Copy - Copy (02)_000.png

Delays in my personal experiences had set back the releases of Volumes 02 to 05, which had led to development and production taking longer than they were originally intended to.

However, I still intend on getting all five Volumes out by August 09 for SHC, so for the time being, I will still be delivering the builds here, as originally promised, beginning with the Volume 02 Demo, Battle of the Bay State.

Battle of the Bay State delivers the 08 Division 0I teams that I had intended for playing as in Volume 02.

All of them have a rank of 090 or higher, and each one is debatably higher in difficulty, when compared to the rosters of Volume 0I.

This installment also marks the video game debut of Evan Gikas, a fellow Royameadow: Mid~Generation II Variety Member in my team, and also the creator and main runner of The E Channel Hits, his online radio network that he has been running for the past four years and change, at the time of this post.

Do give TECS a view sometime when you are able to, I am more than glad to assist in promoting it in some probable form, Evan truly would appreciate the listen and reception. (:

One notable thing that is presented here is also the fact that you will notice that the Brookline Warriors, Cambridge Falcons, and Peabody Tanners all have Male Division Rosters, classified with the abbreviation "(MDV)" to indicate that they are Men's Division teams.

These teams are not considered as Bonus Teams, rather they are actually teams to fill in the slot that would normally take the Women's Hockey slots, just to assure that all 086 teams in the MIAA Hockey League are present and playable in some probable form; to compensate for this factor, all of these teams have a Team Rating of 090, just to assure that they are not stronger than the Women's Hockey teams that take place during the season, but this is subject to change if certain MDV teams had made it to Post~Season festivities or the Super 08 Tournament, so do keep an eye out for that, if necessary.

You may download the Volume 02 Demo in the first post, or you may do so from the below link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ac87zapiy61qse7/MIAA_Women%27s_Hockey_20I5%3B_Battle_of_the_Bay_State_Demo_%28JUE%29_%5B%21%5D.rar

Also to compensate for extra troubles that I had with Volume 0I, I have released yet another revision for it, Revision 00b.

Revision 00b repairs select palettes in the Main Menu and In~Game Menus and also fixes untouched statistics and jersey numbers in teams that I had thought were accurate, not including the 20II~20I2 Wilmington Wildcats.

The St. Mary's (Lynn) Spartans also have been corrected to have all of their jersey numbers and original names applied to them, rather than their nicknames (Maggie Flaherty is now referred to in~game as Margaret Flaherty, for example.).

You will also notice that the Spartans have a player that was originally not listed by MyHockey LIVE, but was present in the 20I4~20I5 season: Number 02I, Adara Nazarian, who bears a Player Rating of 09I in this title.

Player Lines have also been partially edited amongst the Promoted Teams (Beverly/Danvers, Winthrop/Lynn, St. Mary's (Lynn), and Tewksbury/Methuen), as I had not known if having a Forward in the Defense section had glitched them up any, but I think that they are stable now.

Most of the changes to Volume 0I are also noticeable in the Volume 02 Demo for accuracy purposes, and any extra revisions will span across all of the Volumes to assure that the experience with the game is identical amongst all players, rather than just a few.

You may download Revision 00b of Volume 0I in the first post or in the below link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yp6qinsiht040nz/MIAA_Women%27s_Hockey_20I5_%7E_Volume_0I%3B_The_Mass_Tour_%28JUE%29_%5B%21%5D_%28Revision_00b%29.rar

And that will be it for now.

I've a lot of work to do if I want to get Volumes 02 to 05 done prior to August 09, so I will taking my time getting all of this done for us.

Hoping that you folks enjoy the installments as they come out, I truly am glad to work on these.

As I always say on here, in the event that you happen to have any questions on the series at all, then feel more than free to ask, I will always answer them at all times.

Until the complete version of Volume 02 comes out, enjoy, there be a lot to take on with the new 08 teams. (:

Edited by Royameadow

• 1 month later...

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: Tournament Edition (MIAA 女子 ホッケー 20I5: トーナメント エディション in Japan) is a ROM hack of NHLPA Hockey '93: Thirty Team ROM (Slapshot67 Version) that is being developed in conjunction with the original MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 series.

This version of the game distinguishes strongly from the original in the regard that it is an overhaul of '93, in comparison to '94, yet still is bearing the same ambition as the original: To assure that the gameplay, visuals, speed, and overall structure of the original game is as modified as probable, all the while delivering to you a new design and roster to handle the odds with as you make it your way around the state of Massachusetts.

The Tournament Edition bears everything from '93 intact, which includes the fighting and the blood, as well as most of the graphical changes that were done in the original MIAA 20I5 and the Japanese banners.

The commentator will have a little bit to tell you about each team before you begin each game; please do pay attention to their words carefully, it will assist in determination of what you are supposed to do with each team in order to win; there is also an MIAA Game time setting this time around, which is based on the MIAA's newly approved game time cap for the 20I5~20I6 season, which is 0I7 in~game minutes for each period (06 minutes and 0I4 seconds in Realtime without the blowing of the whistle), and this time setting is intended to be used with the Tournament Mode primarily, so that way, your Playoff Duels are always feeling as league accurate as probable.

In its Revision 00 form, Volume 0I of the Tournament Edition has two problems that I am still waiting for some attention to be dealt with.

They are listed below for those that do wish to help out with the title's development.

~ The sprite for "# Penalty" is currently unmodified.

I am in a requirement to know where in Tile Molester I have to edit in order to replace the English text with my shiner Japanese text from the original MIAA 20I5; if it is unable to be modified, then I will leave it as is, but I would love to fix that as soon as I am able to.

~ The numbered rankings that you view for each team's statistics at the commentary screen are unchanged at this time.

This is due to the fact that I honestly have no clue as to how to edit these numbers in a Hex Editor, due to the numbers not being in plain sight to edit; they are not regularly visible to me, but I know that they are probable to modify, so I will require further clarification on this one.

~ (Note from September 0I9 of 20I5) An extra known trouble was the description of a few teams, there were some typos in the commentary that Ron Barr has.

That has been fixed as of now, and those fixes will be present following the release of Revision 00a.

A Revision 00a release will be made to fix these troubles once I obtain the respective assistance.

For now though, do enjoy this build until I am able to get Revision 00c of Volume 0I and Revision 00 of Volume 02 done, I guarantee that you will have some extremely fun times with this installment.

Want to view what looks new?

Well, have some screenshots! (:

HOCKEY 2015 (03)_000.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_001.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_002.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_003.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_004.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_005.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_006.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_007.pngMIAA Women's Hockey 20I5; Tournament Edition ~ Volume 0I (JUE) [!] (Revision 00)_010.png

You may download Revision 00 of Volume 0I's Tournament Edition either from the first post in the thread, or from the link below this text.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ownpp1gs8qrfvbv/MIAA_Women%27s_Hockey_20I5%3B_Tournament_Edition_%7E_Volume_0I_%28JUE%29_%5B%21%5D_%28Revision_00%29.rar

And that will be it for now, I will release Revision 00a when the time comes for it.

This ROM hack had only taken 04 full days to work on, it truly does present how much modifying the games has become for me at this point.

As always, if you would love to deliver feedback or if you have any questions about this project, then mention what you must, and I will get back to you when that time comes.

Wishfully, this will satisfy you folks more than enough while I get Volumes 02 to 05 done in the meanwhile, this installment basically now delivers to you the ability to experience the game with a system that some others happen to enjoy, so now you have the best of both worlds with playing this series; subsequent releases will be done in conjunction with the original release of the game, followed by obtaining their own Tournament Edition days later, so that way, you do not have to worry about any Volume lacking a TE one bit, this be a guarantee by me in full.

Anywho, folks, enjoy! (:

Edited by Royameadow

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, we have a major update to Volume 0I, Revision 00c is now available.

This revision is now the modern template for the rest of the games, the one that will be the lead of the pack for subsequent releases and future franchises created by the team, all prior builds are rendered as obsolete but you may still get them if you wish to view how the series began.

Revision 00c of Volume 0I includes the following that is listed below.

Please note that Volume 02's Revision 00 build also has these changes, they are practically the same game now by means of fixes and structure.

~ Smozoma's Hot and Cold Randomizer (Fix 04) is being used now.

You will now have a different experience with each team every single time that you play a game, it will especially be noticeable for those who tackle the Original Game and Full Game time settings indeed..

~ The Sprite Patch is now in use, delivering to you the more modern feel of the arenas with the Trapezoid, newer glass, coaches, and more detailed sprites intact.

~ Six Button Controller Support by Clockwise and Kaneda is now available.

Doing Poke Checks will be far easier to do, given this change; the Y button also acts as the B button, for those who are new to the Goalie Patch, so if you need an extra button to use on your controller for those intense games, now you have that luxury.

~ The 20II~20I2 Wilmington Wildcats now have their complete roster intact, thanks to the folks over at MassHSHockey.

I owe them a decent lot for this one, they truly had come in handy with helping me out in optimizing the accuracy of Jane Farrell's Year III team.

~ Remixed Music, about time, too.

Ever since I had studied SWOS and Smozoma's musical editing tutorial on here, I was well aware that I did not want to have the same instrument for each organ cue; now you may listen to a lot of other instruments for plentiful tracks, and now you also could have a true Brass Bonanza, play as Matignon for optimal effect!

~ Player Line information now runs on the logic of Six on Six gameplay, you may now know who the Extra Attacker is for each line.

Sadly, however, at this time, the Extra Attacker is not probable to be edited; this will be fixed in Revision 00d, once that becomes probable, not sure when that will be though, but hey, it will come eventually.

You may download Revision 00c above in the first post, or from the below link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/stma9dkdbwkv0dg/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5+~+Volume+0I%3B+The+Mass+Tour+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00c%29.rar

And that is it for Volume 0I this year, this will be the build that you will be viewing at the first annual Sega Homebrew Competition.

I truly do wonder how this build will turn out with the audience there, looks as if it will be a massive contest this year; in the meanwhile though, I have more to get to on here, so do continue reading.

MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 ~ Volume 02; Skaters of the East West (JUE) [!] (Revision 00) ~ Copy - Copy_000.png

Revision 00 of Volume 02 is now available for you folks to have a go at as well.

Play as 026 more teams in the MIAA as you go about to both the Eastern and Western portions of the Bay State to obtain the glory of being the best team statewide.

Some of the best of Royameadow: Generation II are representing the Royans in the game this time around, starring my Head and Co~Head Administrators from the unit, as well as plentiful members and top colleagues from 2009 to 20I3.

When you play as the Royans when they are the Visitors or Away Team, they are using the palette that was used for Generation II Head Administrator Doug Young II's subdivision, Hot Diggity Doug/DiggitayDougRiss (formerly known as FeedMEBabies, Bronze Cow, Fluid, and Auxadome in years prior), of which is the final renaming of his Variety group and entertainment franchise that he has been running since the Mid to Late 200X decade until he had definitively changed it to DougRiss as of 20I6; check out his material sometime, his quality and performance are very unique and powerful for modern era entertainment at all points in time. (:

Due to archiving issues on the part of the MIAA, there are four Men's Division (MDV) teams that were made to patch up where the Women's Division teams were supposed to be.

Those teams are the Brookline Warriors, Cambridge Falcons, Peabody Tanners, and the Shawsheen Rams; their stats have been raised to meet up with competing against the Women's Division teams, and they are slightly more unforgiving than the lot of the roster that you have here.

Other than the changes that were made for Revision 00c of Volume 0I though, Volume 02 is basically the same game, just with new teams and difficulty to handle, plus a lovely Matchups track that sends rather interesting feelings of mood to the soundtrack.

Beware the Shawsheen Redemption, however, they are the utmost difficult and ruthless of the mainstream teams to handle in this installment; with a Team Rating of 099, you do not know what the Rams are able to do and handle, please proceed with caution if you intend to take them on full force without prior training!

You may download Revision 00 of Volume 02 in the first post or below this text:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o51g1f6hmotvgcn/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5+~+Volume+02%3B+Skaters+of+the+East+West+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00%29.rar

This installment will also be available for playing at SHC, so in the event that you want to support the game there, then be Sonic Retro and SSRG's guest and join in on the show, they would be glad to have you there.

Lastly, it is time for a minor but well needed update, since this will also be hanging around as well:

I have fixed a few troubles that were present in the Revision 00 build of Volume 0I of the Tournament Edition, I had noticed some troubles that were present with the original release, so this is more of a minor change than anything.

Typos in Ron Barr's commentary have been fixed, he also now has extremely long topics to talk about for each team; do give his commentary a read sometime while you are playing, you might learn something major or vital towards claiming victory in this game, especially for when you have to handle Tournament Mode, you will save yourself a lot of difficulty when you take the time to enjoy Ron Barr's lovely words.

This is not a full on extra revision, I am not considering this to be Revision 00a.

Revision 00a will come when the game is able to be edited more than it already is able to, perhaps that might even be a Revision 0I; either way, this is the Definitive Version of the original Revision 00 for Volume 0I of the Tournament Edition, this was how I had intended for it to be released originally.

You may download what is also the SHC Build of Volume 0I TE in the first post and below:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7jddb6w3hxkkab/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5%3B+Tournament+Edition+~+Volume+0I+%28JUE%29+%5B%21%5D+%28Revision+00%29+%28SHC+Build%29.rar

And with that, I will end this post here, this is all that will be available for you folks at this time.

I am very glad that I had gotten these completed, I was worried that I would not be able to get these done in time for the contest to deliver them as the respective entries, but hey, perseverance will do that to anybody who is working hard to deliver to you High to Optimal Quality entertainment.

Volume 02 of the Tournament Edition and the Volume 03 Demo will not be ready in time for SHC, I will instead release those titles together on here, when the respective time comes.

Expect those to be ready sometime during the month, I sadly do not know exactly when that will be though, but do stay tuned, for I will have everything ready in all due time; as always, if you've any questions on the series, if you would like to deliver feedback on the current installments, and even if you would like to assist in the development of MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 or want to obtain some extra knowledge on what be to come, then I will forever be glad to discuss the project with you in full, never will that be off limits at all.

Anywho, folks, enjoy, I'll see you folks at SHC! (:

Edited by Royameadow

why are all of the pictures squished? so much work to put in just to do things like send a Medway girl to an island instead of cutting somebody. you sure are a weird dude.

~ Remixed Music, about time, too.

Ever since I had studied SWOS and Smozoma's musical editing tutorial on here, I was well aware that I did not want to have the same instrument for each organ cue; now you may listen to a lot of other instruments for plentiful tracks, and now you also could have a true Brass Bonanza, play as Matignon for optimal effect!

I'm hesitant to ask, but can you explain what you did here in more detail (just a little... ;) )? I'll download and play the ROM tonight to see myself, but I found this to be interesting as hacking the music in the game is something that isn't discussed much.

Why are all of the pictures squished? So much work to put in just to do things like send a Medway girl to an island instead of cutting somebody. You sure are a weird dude.

Select logos use a 04x06 (Main Menu only) or a 04x04 (Ice Logos only) dimension because of the aim to deliver easier stretching quality for when we get to implement Anamorphic Widescreen to ROM hacks of NHL '94.

Certain teams also use a different logo for the ice as well, and this is primarily because their actual palette will not allow it properly; the Canton Bulldogs are a prime example of this truth, their official logo is Red and Black, while their Ice Hockey Jerseys are a Blueish Green, that had taken some looking into to understand why, but that's another story for another time, even I still do not fully understand it.

Drafting Caroline Smith to the Vineyarders was not a bad idea, actually, they do have good use use for her in this title if the Triple Digit players are all in the Penalty Box because of a 07 minute Roughing or Damaging penalty.

Once we are able to create a method or install a patch to increase the maximum number of players that we are able to have on a team, which might expand the ROM side to 4096 KB in the process if more is done, then I will definitely move Caroline back to the Medway/Ashland Mustangs, she will not have to be portraying the role of Gilligan for too long.

As for your constant thought of my sense of style and views as being weird, I personally take that as a compliment, and I do have a reason for that: I used to be bullied a lot in Senior High school because of both my extremely high level of intelligence and my uniqueness, I even cried over the constant daily and weekly attacks by other students that had poked fun at what I knew and how I always did more than them; guess which ones never had gotten High Honours (All As and one B or better) or even any awards during their times there, I had topped them all at their own game in the end.

The reason that I never bash you for considering me as weird is because I actually like your works, I could never attack you for that because I both respect you and don't think that you are a jerk by any means probable, you're more of an ally and friend than anything else, especially since you were the first to welcome me here, which I am happy about; I have played a few good games from your Ninety Flow franchise, and I personally enjoy the approach that you had taken with it, you are basically what I am to the Genesis and Megadrive version but for the Super Nintendo and Super Famicom counterpart, that could never go without its respective acclaim by yours truly and that is why I truthfully do have respect for you, I would never admit otherwise to you for any probable reason out there. (:

I'm hesitant to ask, but can you explain what you did here in more detail (just a little... ;) )? I'll download and play the ROM tonight to see myself, but I found this to be interesting as hacking the music in the game is something that isn't discussed much.

You are in for a treat, especially for Volume 02, that has the better menu tracks, especially for Evan Gikas' commentary at the Matchups Screen.

By following SWOS and Smozoma's offsets, I had learned which areas indicate the instrument (C0 09 C1 02. for example, will deliver the alternative to the YM2I5I's Brass 03 for Instrument 0I and the YM26I2's Bass 0I for Instrument 02, if my memory serves correctly); I had used Instrument DF for one of the portions of music within the Matchups Screen and Scoreboard Menu for Volume 02, that has a very ambient sound that feels more as if it were true YM26I2 synth compared to the original track that you view in Volume 0I.

A good amount of Organ Cues now use a different instrument, although the Royameadow Royans, BrainScratch Commies, Sonic Retro Hackers, and NHL '94.com Forum do not use these changes, aside from the Forum now using Brass 03 (Instrument 09) for the Jaws Theme.

The cues, however, will remain the same across all of the installments, this also goes for Volume 05: Bay State All~Stars, 02 on 02: Hardcore and Personal, 06 on 06: The Blitz Tour, and The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden, this will be for the sake of not having to edit the cues each time; in the event that we ever get the NHL '94 Disassembly in Future~Time though, then all of the music will take up and run on the Super 032X's PWM instead, leaving the DAC entirely open for the players and puck's sound effects, and the PWM will instead use my own personal compositions and Mashup Mixes, those will be present if I could ever work on a Revision 0I release, but that is also another story for another time, we might have to wait years for that one unless if we are extremely lucky and delivers us a perfectly workable set of files to work from. (:

Edited by Royameadow

hey, sorry if I bully you in any way. I can tell you are smart and you are devoted to your project, but your decision making is baffling to your fellows in the intelligentsia:

-the 0eros, the 1nes... will they be followed by a 'Z' for all 2wos and an 'E' for all 3hrees? don't get me started on the squiggly dashes.

-the aspect ration for the background pictures... surely these young ladies would rather look like themselves in the game materials instead of suffering the condensed widths that make them look like freaks, six feet tall but six inches wide.

-choices like sending a landlocked Medway girl to Uppity Island instead of finding a player to cut just seems like a thing that probably only makes sense in your head and others stand no chance of grasping.

-do they play on purple and pink ice?

You have done an unbelievable magnificent job!

You are hacking NHL'94, yet you have fighting activated? I didn't think that was possible? Amazing!

I LOVE:

The CIRCLES around the activated players, instead of the STAR

The MUSIC is the BEST I've ever heard on a '94 hack

The look of the PLAYERS, nice vibrant colors, and smoother cartoon (less pixelated) look

I HATE:

The ICE COLOR. Can't you use a nice BLUE and not make it so dark? It really hurts my eyes!!

The GRAPHICS FONTS that get lighter in shade as you go downward. It is SO HARD on my eyes to read!!!

PLEASE Keep up the GREAT WORK!

IF only you had the source code, you could do miracles with this game.

• Like 1

You are hacking NHL'94, yet you have fighting activated? I didn't think that was possible? Amazing!

I think it's '93.

He says, before mentioning fighting, "This version of the game distinguishes strongly from the original in the regard that it is an overhaul of '93, in comparison to '94"

Hey, sorry if I bully you in any way. I can tell you are smart and you are devoted to your project, but your decision making is baffling to your fellows in the intelligentsia:

- The 0eros, the 1nes... will they be followed by a 'Z' for all 2wos and an 'E' for all 3hrees? don't get me started on the squiggly dashes.

- The aspect ration for the background pictures... surely these young ladies would rather look like themselves in the game materials instead of suffering the condensed widths that make them look like freaks, six feet tall but six inches wide.

- Choices like sending a landlocked Medway girl to Uppity Island instead of finding a player to cut just seems like a thing that probably only makes sense in your head and others stand no chance of grasping.

- Do they play on purple and pink ice?

No offense taken.

I am more than able to tell that you respect my knowledge and ability, and anybody that is able to do that at any probable point in time has a friend in me, that be a guarantee. (:

To clarify on what you have mentioned and asked about, I'll explain each one accordingly:

~ My mindset on the number "0" dates back to some point in May of 2009, probably earlier, in which I would put one in front of any number below I000 or above -I000, and the usage of the letter I for the number "1" actually dates back a matter of months ago, it solely depends on the font that will currently determine my usage of either or, but eventually, I might simply go back to using the number regularly, it all depends on how my mindset works; as for other letters to refer to other numbers, one would only view me use Z for "2" and E for "3" if I were working on a work of Horror, I need to get back into that at some point, who knows when that could happen?

The ~ symbol is used by me instead of the usual - symbol for style based reasons, never was much of a fan of the flat line that Dash and Hyphon symbols delivered, the wavy symbol attracted me more, it has been that way since 2006.

~ Certain logos look a bit too stretched out when they are in the full dimensions that the game delivers.

I tried doing that with St. Mary's (Lynn) and Central Catholic's logos, the Spartan and Raider logos were far too spaced out in the full dimensions, so at least making them more adaptable for when we do implement Anamorphic Widescreen is a decent way to play it safe. (:

~ I know that if Caroline Smith were to play this, she would probably wonder why she is a part of Martha's Vineyard instead of her native Medway/Ashland, that be for sure.

As stated before, since we could only have 026 players per team at this time, and the Mustangs had 027, certain drafts had to be made to compensate for the limits of Volume 0I, cutting out players never is an option for me; The Complete Experience, which will run on whatever Disassembly that we get, will definitely have this fixed, anything to make the teams as accurate as they could probably become.

~ Lighting Effect, that is the secret behind the Purple and Pink Ice.

In all due seriousness though, the reason for changing it to such dark colours is actually for a personal reason: Eye Care, I suffer from strained vision at night when I am playing with bright lights and colours on screen; Volume 02 uses Gray Ice with Red Lighting, Volume 03 will use Desaturated Navy Ice with Periwinkle Lighting, and Volumes 04 and 05 have yet to be determined at this point in time; simply put though, it is so that nobody ever has to worry about their eyes getting hurt by bright lighting or colours for those Late Night and After Dark gaming sessions, sounds reasonable given the matter at hand. (:

You have done an unbelievable magnificent job!

Amazing!

I LOVE:

The CIRCLES around the activated players, instead of the STAR

The MUSIC is the BEST I've ever heard on a '94 hack

The look of the PLAYERS, nice vibrant colors, and smoother cartoon (less pixelated) look

I HATE:

The ICE COLOR. Can't you use a nice BLUE and not make it so dark? It really hurts my eyes!!

The GRAPHICS FONTS that get lighter in shade as you go downward. It is SO HARD on my eyes to read!!!

PLEASE Keep up the GREAT WORK!

IF only you had the source code, you could do miracles with this game.

I appreciate the compliments and well wishes towards both myself and this project.

This truly means a lot to me that you enjoy what you have viewed so far from this, there is still plentiful more to view. (:

The cons that you have mentioned, I understand what you mean.

The Ice colours, as stated in my reply to Tru, is primarily for Eye Care purposes because it had strained my eyes to play any of these installments in anything above Hex Number 404040; as for the matter regarding the palette of The Zana GX Font Volume 0I & II, the only instance where it does have this lighting trouble is in the opening credits of the Tournament Edition, I had to do that to remedy select factors that I had with other palette issues at the time, that will be fixed in Revision 00a of the Tournament Edition if applicable.

The Source Code of NHL Hockey '94 alone would probably not be enough for me to optimize the game in full.

That would require the Disassembly to be created and released, and even when it does come, my work to deliver a definitive version of MIAA 20I5 and all subsequent titles that I make from it will require me to obtain some extra assistance, both from here and from both Sonic Retro and SSRG, it would have to be a joint effort between NHL Hacking, Sonic Hacking, and Megadrive Homebrew sceners combined, among plentiful others in my own team and select other groups, in order to perfect the game in full; who knows, it will probably come sooner or later, making a version of '94 that sets the console to its optimal limits is my ambition here, that is what will get Generation IV Gaming for sports up and running in full again, I am positive. (:

I think it's '93.

He says, before mentioning fighting, "This version of the game distinguishes strongly from the original in the regard that it is an overhaul of '93, in comparison to '94"

You are correct, Smozoma, that is accurate.

The original MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5 is a ROM hack of '94, while MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: Tournament Edition is a ROM hack of '93.

The original Revision 00 release for Volume 0I of the Tournament Edition had actually only taken about 03 to 04 days tops, this title was extremely quick to work on and edit up.

I still need to deliver my guide for editing up the palettes in HivePal, I will make sure to do that when I have the available time, that be for sure. (:

Below is a link for those who intend to download the Bulk Set of the recent builds for each installment, rather than get them individually.

This ZIP File will be updated whenever a new game or build comes out to assure that everything is up to par and not dated by a build or more; it will also be in the first post for new readers as well.

~ MIAA Women's Hockey 20I5: The Bulk Set: http://www.mediafire.com/download/psj1du99hti2oo7/MIAA+Women%27s+Hockey+20I5%3B+The+Bulk+Set.zip

Kingraph, wishfully, this will help out in any probable way for you, since you had requested the files in a more accessible form.

The reason that I use RAR files, however, is primarily due to my history on both Sonic Retro and SSRG, they use RAR files for most of their ROM hacks and Homebrew works more than any site that I have grown up with; WinRAR is the utmost recommended application to extract these files with, please do bear in mind that the RAR files here were compressed with Version 05.I0, so I do not know if prior releases will be able to extract them by normal means.

• 1 month later...

royameadow__blackout_season__20i5__by_ro

Those of you who have been following the series up to now might have been wondering why I have not released Volume 03, as well as the Tournament Edition of Volume 02, at this point in time, given that it usually only takes me about a week to a month to make a complete build on average when I do not have any interruptions.

Sadly, I have been having a lot of personal factors coming up on my end, and in recent time, it will only be harder to get it out on here due to something else that has come up, even though I will have more time to work on the series now; that will be explained below.

Clear, one of the utmost notable and controversial Internet Service Providers of its time here in Massachusetts, had been bought out by Sprint a matter of months ago, and this had ultimately led to their service becoming discontinued on the Friday that is upcoming, November 06.

Here at the residence that I often refer to as Home Base VII (2008), we have been using Clear since Summer or Autumn of 20I2 and we had some troubles in attempting to figure out what service to switch to; while we already know what we will be doing regarding that, it will take a few weeks to get the Gateway or Modem that we will be using, so I have had to put my content creation on a partial hold regarding Online matters only until the time comes that I get back online in full over here.

Members and my Head and Co~Head Administrators within Royameadow and Co. are already well aware of me and other Clear users having to undergo this Blackout Season, and I wanted to make sure that you folks were aware about it as well, in the event that any of you were attempting to get in touch with me to talk about anything whatsoever.

However, while the Blackout Season will prevent me from getting more installments of the MIAA 20I5 series out to the public due to the lack of my online activity, I will be extremely and massively active with development while handling matters with my Offline teams and units, this will allow me to continue working on Volumes 02 to 05 without much of any worry that I will be behind schedule more than I already am, and it will also allow me to get to working on other projects that I have in store (Royameadow: The Halloween 20I5 Wallpaper, Roya Rockwood: Twentieth Anniversary Special, Sonic Hacking Contest XIII Done Quick, and even an update to our Content Development Kit), so hey, there is a massive lot to work on but the extra time truly will be welcome for me, it will do extremely well for me under these circumstances.

In the event that all goes according to plan, I will have Volume 02's Tournament Edition complete, and I will have Volume 03 available along with it, with the Volume 03 Demo coming out a week in advance before the Revision 00 build comes around.

Volumes 0I and 02 also will have yet another revision to fix an issue with the way that Player Cards are viewed, they will use the palette fixes that I had made for the Player Cards that are present in my unofficial Revision 0I build of Naples39's NHL '94: 20I6 Edition; those fixes will be done to Revision 00c of Volume 0I and Revision 00 of Volume 02, as there is not a need for me to re~release the same build of a title with a slight palette change, so those download links will be modified when the time comes.

For now though, please do be patient with me at this time, when it comes to both this series and any project that I might happen to be doing or have planned at this point in time.

My team and I will be back up and running in full in all due time, even though I do not know when that will be; for now though, safe travels, fellow readers of this post, as well as the players and followers of my works, we will completely return in a far better improved state and will be back up and running full force before you even know it! (:

• 2 months later...

The positive reception is well appreciated, good sir, I truly am happy that you enjoy what you are viewing out of this series so far.

I still am working on the series behind the scenes, but development has become rather slow in recent time due to other projects that I have on the backburner to handle; chances are though that I will be able to get back to everything in this series (and an upcoming JWHL series that I will be handling after the releases of The Super 08 at TD Banknorth Garden) in all due time, but for now, I am taking it easy and working on one project at a time, what with my video editing, wallpapers, development kits, and a major graphical mod of Sonic Adventure II: Battle being worked on by me outside of the forum taking up my time to actually get back to work full~time on this; granted though, it will not take far too long to get back to MIAA 20I5, I still have 020 installments in this thread alone to finish up and release (not including Special or Promotional Editions), I've got to get back to this series at some point! (:

• 10 months later...