NHL'94 Forums

April 7th Toronto LARMER & ANDERSON

Ok folks we got St Mikes Arena booked April 7th at 1pm-3pm and Steve Larmer and Glen Anderson are coming to shoot some scenes for Pixelated Heroes. If anyone wants to come help out with the shoot let me know. We need camera assistants a Ref and on ice guys to set up plays. send me an email at mikeymcbryan@gmail.com

LET'S-GO-RAN-GERS! Wow, Two of my '94 (the year, not the game) heroes!

You welcome to join bud! We will be demonstrating how to score like in NHL '94 in real life... you would be the best person to tell them how to do it.

...Think about it bud

Haha, very tempting.

I clearly remember this Steve Larmer penalty shot vs Belfour back in the day. He took a slapshot from like 2 feet away, lol, I thought he was crazy, but it went in!

Definitely one way of scoring in '94 (against auto-goalie though, lol).

Haha, very tempting.

I clearly remember this Steve Larmer penalty shot vs Belfour back in the day. He took a slapshot from like 2 feet away, lol, I thought he was crazy, but it went in!

Definitely one way of scoring in '94 (against auto-goalie though, lol).

Hahahaha Thats awesome boys!!!!!!!!!

Horribly done by Reichel but it made sense. Reichel rarely, if ever, used a slapshot in a shootout and Čechnánek knew Reichel well from training sessions, they were team mates from the team Czech Republic so he perfectly knew what to expect from Reichel.

I know Roman for a long time, and he knows me, too," Reichelsaid. "I tried to surprise him and I probably did. I justdidn't hit the spot. If I had put that puck a little left, itprobably would have went in.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103111/20030421NHL--TORONTO---0.htm

Edited by DominikJagr

Mikey that's awesome! Is there going to be a goaltender in net? Might be good for deke goal demonstrations.

Horribly done by Reichel but it made sense. Reichel rarely, if ever, used a slapshot in a shootout and Čechnánek knew Reichel well from training sessions, they were team mates from the team Czech Republic so he perfectly knew what to expect from Reichel.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103111/20030421NHL--TORONTO---0.htm

Cool, I didn't know that :D

I had an awesome time today in Toronto watching Glenn Anderson and Steve Larmer playing each other in NHL 94 and then hitting the ice with them and shooting some pucks, and demonstrating scoring techniques! These guys are so down to earth, funny and just overall good dudes. It was super cool to talk NHL 94 and hockey in general with two of the greats. They had a lot of catching up to do since the last time they suited up together was game 7 of the 94 finals at MSG. We got to hear them recall certain moments of the cup finals, what it was like to face certain teams and players, and what coaches like Keenan were like. They were talking about what "Mess" is up to these days and generally catching up on things. So cool!

I told Larmer how he scored a hat trick in Ottawa at my first NHL game in December, 1992. He doesn't remember it but he did score a lot of hat tricks in his day! He was a nice, regular guy and I really enjoyed chatting with him. On the ice, you can tell he still has that wicked shot.

Anderson had some funny lines while they were playing 94 and setting their lineups. I'm not really sure if it would be cool to post all their comments here! On the ice, you can see he has got some slick hands. I did tip the puck to him when he was skating in to score on a slapper, so I can now say that I assisted on a Glenn Anderson goal. Pretty awesome.

Thanks Mikey for organizing a great day. I got some decent pics as well as an autographed snes cartridge. Looking forward to the video footage!

Edited by Bob Kudelski

Bobk...I assume that's you in the sens jersey...I see sroka there wearing oil....who's the goalie and the leafs bud?

post-457-0-92019900-1428463049_thumb.png

Bobk...I assume that's you in the sens jersey...I see sroka there wearing oil....who's the goalie and the leafs bud?

attachicon.gifthedoc.png

Yep, that's me bud. The goalie was a guy named Kaspars. He played junior in Latvia and was a really really good goalie. But he had to let goals in similar to the way NHL goalies don't try during the All-Star game shootout competition.

The Leafs bud is a friend of Mikey's as far as I know. He wasn't actually a Leafs fan. He had a Canucks jersey, but borrowed the Leafs jersey from someone else.

On another note - I gotta say, I really hope Larmer gets into the HOF this year. He was a very consistent, two-way player who averaged more than a point per game over his career. He's super humble too. Here is an interesting piece about the possibility. http://committedindians.com/hockey-hall-fame-steve-larmer-2015/

So the 94 tourney in Toronto, as part of the documentary is confirmed for September 12th. Is it going to be a one day tournament?

I'm looking at flights & they're less than $600 US which is excellent IMO, but with the weak peso it hits nearly $9000 MX. Certainly doable but gotta look at hotels too so an idea of how many nights i'm looking at will help. Thanks

So the 94 tourney in Toronto, as part of the documentary is confirmed for September 12th. Is it going to be a one day tournament?

I'm looking at flights & they're less than $600 US which is excellent IMO, but with the weak peso it hits nearly $9000 MX. Certainly doable but gotta look at hotels too so an idea of how many nights i'm looking at will help. Thanks

The tournament is going to be one FULL day. There will be a hotel sponsor so rooms will be discounted.

The tournament is going to be one FULL day. There will be a hotel sponsor so rooms will be discounted.

Nice! Let us know when the hotel is confirmed! Negotiations with the GF seem to be going well & there's possibly a bonus coming at work so % of actually being there is gradually rising lol

Edited by LA Robbie

• 1 month later...

Oh man how did I miss this?! Goes to show you should never stop visiting this website..

Do you have any other events lined up for Toronto? ..aside from that sweet tourny in September which I will certainly be attending!