NHL'94 Forums

Season 2 Player/Cap Space and player drop

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AsGAzpWFo9T7dEszWjVYRkFzSndxTlRuRnpvWEhzcWc&gid=2

(click on the season 2 tab at the top of the google doc)

Coach/Roster Space/Cap Space

Fank / 1 / 41 million

Pondhcky / 0 / 30 million

C4outlaws / 1 / 39 million

Jackandjose / 6 / 50 million

Blackdevil / 0 / 40 million

Chaos / 2 / 3 million

Annatar / 4 / 93 milllion

Schwartz / 2 / 34 million

Brutus / 9 / 90 million

TheShron / 7 / 57 million

Hazmat13 / 3 / 34 million

bobkudelski26 / 2 / 14 million

Kashim / 3 / 36 million

Boknowsnhl94 / 6 / 53 million

Jonee / 0 / 10 million

You can use this thread to drop a player...however remember, you will lose that amount off of your cap space. Decide by saturday if you wish to drop someone.

hazmat13 and schwartz will take over the vacant spots. I'll get that sorted out soon. Done.

How about trading? Can we trade at any point?

I've removed trades altogether, no one did any last year, and I guess I'm just too lazy to determine what is fair trade. I think bidding on players is good enough.

So its 100% loss rather than 50% also trading???

yeah I had it at 50%, but though 100% would be harsher. I figure if you want to drop a mistake, it'll cost ya.

... I'm thinking about dropping someone... thing is there's no reason to drop someone as there isn't anyone who I would like to use who I can pick up for about the dollar values that I'll have...

if I had the ability to trade maybe... but with all the restrictions in place... I should not do anything

So its 100% loss rather than 50% also trading???

Fank and I had a chat about this. IT's fair, I'll go back to 50% drop player rule rounded up to the nearest million.

I'd like to drop Keith Brown from my roster. I am prepared to accept the $2 mil hit against my cap.

done....with the orignal rule...it'll be $1mill cap hit.

We should get 1 amnesty drop every 2 seasons

sorry bud. I'm gonna keep as is. I realize you got a raw deal taking over for omega which left you with basically no cap space other than for a couple of second line players, but just think you can earn up to another $30million extra for next season bud with the deadline incentives! :)

Hey guys! Question - Why is Weinrich up for grabs? Not that he's a hot commodity or anything, but I thought I had him for 5 more years?

Thanks.

I think it was a mistake. Hali prob saw the 1mil and thought 1 yr and thought he was a free agent this year

Hey guys! Question - Why is Weinrich up for grabs? Not that he's a hot commodity or anything, but I thought I had him for 5 more years?

Thanks.

It's a mistake. Schmeev told me to put him up for bidding. I trusted schmeev that weinrich wasn't taken....and now schmeev embarrassed me in front of all my friends.

What happens to guys like yzerman, hull, Carson if no one bids on their opening prices? Does the price drop and by how much?

they'll be available next season from scratch if they go unclaimed. no price drop.

I'll be in Toronto over the next little while, so I may not get to your requests, or reply to you in the time that I have normally been doing.

That's really sad. :( No Yzerman or Hull or MacInnis in the league this season.

I understand though.

My thought is that coaches did not have the anticipation that a team could be folded and players available when they started last year, so they wouldn't have managed the cap for such. But if they want those players now, they would pay the "going rate" or better for this year. I actually would've thought that with increased cap room, these players would be considered a bargain. If they go unclaimed, as I mentioned, they'll be available next year to re-start the bidding on them.

Ola buds,

For some reason I can't update the spread sheet from my phone. I'll have to complete this on the weekend when I'm back in stoon. In the meantime you can still send me buds you want to bid on.

Side note: I believe hazmat won two dman bids to put him over the dman roster limit so he'll have to drop a bud and take the cap hit.