NHL'94 Forums

The Toronto NHL '94 Tournament Registration is now OPEN!

McMikey

Don't think I will make it Friday evening, as I'll likely be flying to Toronto right after work :(

2on2 on Sunday??

I fly out 1:35 Sunday, so I'll just be able to play in the morning (pending hangover).

I'll start a thread soon to organize the 2on2 action. We'll figure out the players, location and possibly tournament. I assume some folks will be around Friday, likely Saturday night during/after the main event, and Sunday.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my passport in the mail yesterday, so I'll be booking a flight very soon (my wife will be going too who has played in leagues before). Looking to get over there on the earlier side of Friday so we can help setup, hang out, and leave probably mid day on Sunday.

I'd definitely be interested in some 2 on 2 action that weekend.

How long did it take to get your passport? I'd like to get a full one but I'm assuming that would take too long and I have to get a passport card for this event?

How long did it take to get your passport? I'd like to get a full one but I'm assuming that would take too long and I have to get a passport card for this event?

Mine was a renewal so it only took 3-4 weeks to get. If you're getting one for the first time, read up on the US Gov site for how long it takes. I know there's a process to get one expedited, so look into that too?

It should take around 6 weeks, which is enough time to get one comfortably.

Passport cards are only good if you cross the border by land. If going by air you NEED a passport.

You can expedite the process but it is more expensive and only gets a passport 1-3 weeks sooner. You can do a passport on the same day if you pay the fees (extra $75) and drive to Philly (you must have an appointment set up and proof of travel on you at the appointment) since that's the closest facility to you if you choose to go that route.

My advice is just apply now. If going by land get the card since its cheaper (especially if you dont plan on travelling much outside the US in the future). If going by air get yourself a passport by normal means.

Mine was a renewal so it only took 3-4 weeks to get. If you're getting one for the first time, read up on the US Gov site for how long it takes. I know there's a process to get one expedited, so look into that too?

Mine expires this month, good to know it's only a month to renew.

worse case scenario...just get bok to smuggle you across.

worse case scenario...just get bok to smuggle you across.

We can strap you to the roof and disguise you as a surf board?

I finally got my old passport and I can get it renewed so I'm good to go by the way. Officially just signed up!

We can strap you to the roof and disguise you as a surf board?

I finally got my old passport and I can get it renewed so I'm good to go by the way. Officially just signed up!

You signed up for snes!?!

Bo :(

Yeah I've only made the semi finals a few times in any major Genesis league... GDL 9 comes to mind... remember that one TK? I don't even think I've ever made a finals before. I did beat my brother Carse in the finals of the Beer League and I won the Capitalism league (134340!) but those aren't exactly GDL or Classic.

So yeah I'm better at SNES and I honestly just enjoy the SNES game more these days anyway... the whole hold-B goalie control really is what damns Genesis for me. The anticipating how long you have to hold B for just throws me off. Plus I checked with Halifax and he said we'd be right there near each other, so I'll wander over to the light side again between games :)

You SNES guys should bring laser pointers and shine them in my opponents' eyes or something because if I win Gens you're going to destroy me in SNES.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boys it's offish - flights are booked, I nearly packed my bags today, and I am now in the process of choosing the golden controller to help me bring this thing back to Manitoba. Look for me on a flight on Friday afternoon

I've scanned through the thread but are there any formal plans/location for a 2v2 on Friday night? It'd be a great way to kick off festivities, I wouldn't have to drink alone for once, and I can undertake to bring at least 1 multitap & console down. I'm willing to pick up some more 'taps in the coming weeks as well (perhaps we can hand them out as prizes that night).

Let's get this confirmed up. If all else fails we'll find a hotel room and see how long it takes to get kicked out.

Edited by schwartz